Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jonspn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 12:53 PM
    How do you get rid of ground Elder
    Hi,

Can any one help tell me how to rid my garden of ground Elder. Every time you chop one down, two appear in its place. They are taking over. Is there some kind of ground Elder Killer chemical that does exactly what is says on the tin ?

Please let me know a solution.

Jon.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Hi Jon! That is pain in the bottom when not contained. A lot of people treat them the same way as they treat weeds. I have a friend who used Round Up weed control. Used it twice, one week apart and claimed it did the trick. But if you have it around other plantings, might not be the smartest move unless you are really careful with the applications. I don't know if it is available where you live, so here are a couple of links that should be of help to you. Please read all carefully. Three of the links have additional info on other plants, just ignore that other info.

Royal Horticultural Society - Advice: Ground elder
    Ground elder / Goutweed eradication help - Gardening in the UK Forum - GardenWeb
    Royal Horticultural Society - Gardening Advice: Dealing with Perennial Weeds
    PlantFiles: Detailed information on Bishop's Weed, Goutweed, Ground Elder Aegopodium podagraria
    Jonspn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Ruby,

Thanks for the tip. My first application of Round up is having the desired effect. I will do the same next week.

Thanks again.

Jon
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 05:54 PM
    You are quite welcome Jon. Glad I could be of help. Obviously, if two applications don't wipe 'em out, just keep doing it once a week until they are all gone. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance assistance for elder [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is 60 yrs. Old and is currently not employed. She does not have any medical insurance an by the way she's feeling I'm pretty sure she's going to be needing it. "Soon". Is there a government program where help is extended to 60+ for health insurance, medication, etc? Any help is much...

How do I keep box elder bugs away? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get rid of box elder bugs? The south side of my house is just covered with them. I have two kids under 5, and a dog, so I would rather not use pesticides. I know they will fly away to feed, but how do I keep them from coming back. It seems like every year they have become more numerous. ...

Getting rid of ground ivy [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove ivy from my yard?

Box Elder Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a nice box elder in the yard. I noticed that some of the branches were dead and proceeded to cut them out. This year, some of the branches died just as the leaves were about half the size that they reach during the spring. Is this a bug or fungus problem? I...

Box Elder Bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of box elder bugs? I live in a mobile home and have been annoyed by these harmless bugs since we moved in but can't find anything to get rid of them... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

View more questions Search