Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxshop Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Appropriate college graduation monetary gift
    What would be an appropriate monetary college graduation gift for a neighbor's daughter that I don't know well and her friend that I don't know at all. It is a combined college graduation party. :confused:
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
    You are not under any obligation to bring a gift for someone you have never met, simply because they have chosen to have a combined party. You can give a gift to the guest of honor you are acquainted with, maybe 25.00-50.00 and if anything, a simple card to the other person. Do you even know the friend's name?
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 4, 2007, 03:21 PM
    My husband and I were stuck on what to give as a gift to someone whose parents we were friendly with... we decided on $50.00, but knew her quite well. We also had it all in rolled pennies and put it in a heavy cardboard box and wrapped it. You should have seen her trying to guess what it was!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Well you all have more money to give away than I do, If I gave 50 dollars to someone, I would most likely be eating mac and cheese all week.

So a first and foremost it should be somehting within your budget, if you can't afford anything, a card. If you can only afford 10 dollars then that would be a great gift.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear to college graduation. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am in a quandary about what to wear to a morning college graduation. I do not like dresses or skirts but would go with a skirt if I must. Is something lacy appropriate for morning with palazzo pants? I have a nice chocolate brown lacy overblouse and chocolate pants and brown shoes... I...

I'm looking for the perfect college graduation present for my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully I'm to the point. Maybe jewelry or other catogory. My daughter really is what I thought is as close to perfect as you can get. With many family problems she went ahead. She's graduating college next week and will be going to law school next year. The truth is Im not a very unselfish gift...

Marriage before College graduation? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there-- Here is my issue. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for 4 years, since high school, and now attend the same college. We'll both graduate in 2008 but have spoken seriously about marriage for 2 years. We're both Christians but have had premarital sex (we...

College graduation gift [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?

View more questions Search