Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2005, 08:22 PM
    Honda civic alternater
    I'm replacing the alternater on my 88 Honda civic. Does anybody know a method that doesn't require removing the cv axle?
    Trevor Nelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2005, 05:32 AM
    The Bracket
    Blow off the CV axle, and instead unbolt the alternator bracket from the block. With the bracket removed, there's plenty of room to drop the alternator straight down and out. While you deal with the bracket--and it sounds like you've had enough trouble already to figure this part out--let the old alternator rest on the subframe, next to the steering coupling.

It's a pain in the , but it's easier than dealing with the axle shaft.
    slivertea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2005, 12:31 AM
    Re
    I constantly have had to replace my alternator on my 90 due to leaving lights on and blowing the diode SEVERAL times.. . The easiest way for me has been to work the alternator *after unbolted* behind the engine and under the intate, and squeeze it passed the heater hoses where your speedometer cable enters into the transmission. Becareful doing this though, because you may wind up cracking a hose, or snapping the inner casing of the speedometer cable *as I have done*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 honda civic ex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I have an 94 civic ex and it's giving me problems and the problem is that when I shift gear and go (happens on every gear) then its making this sound from the engin and plus the car is'nt picking up speed like not enough airflow going though or burning gas so I think my trans bad or clucth is...

91 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic 4 door sedan dx. I just replaced the rotor and distributor cap and now the car won't start. First I checked multiple times to be sure I had the firing order correct. I then read the thread written by CroCivic91 and checked my ECU codes. I got a 10 and 16. The 16 sounds...

91 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

Engine runs rough - a lack of power but not a hard miss - until engine warms up but car must sit for at least 18 hrs. 170,000 miles. Replaced plugs, cap rotor - no help. Distributor shaft has minor oil leak allowing oil to get inside of cap - maybe related.

Honda Civic Dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what the size of speakers are in the front are rear on a honda civic dx 1991

Honda Civic 95 [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have a civic that every time I put the break the dashboard light comes on is that normal?

View more questions Search