Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cted Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2005, 08:09 PM
    Neighbor's LOUD R/C car toy drives me nuts
    Hi,

Is there a way to intercept my neighbor's remote control car toy signal? He drives me nuts with this extremely LOUD toy. The guy is married, about 24 with a kid and owns the house next to me. I've closed the front door, all the windows and the noise still pierces through my house. I've talked to him about not running it in front of my house and that lasted about a couple of days and he has been 'playing' with this toy in front of my house for the past 4 hours this evening as I type this.

This goes on EVERY NIGHT when he comes home from work. I would like to be able to intercept his signal and make the car stop dead in its tracks whenever it comes in front of my house. If that doesn't work I will keep calling the sheriffs until THEY come out and talk with this 'kid'.

Thanks for any help you can give me in adjusting to a neighbor from hell. This guy needs to take his noise to a park or some appropriate place other than this quiet, middle class neighborhood.
    :mad:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
    No help, just sympathy. I think it is outragous people get away with destroying their neighbors piece and quiet for their enertainment. Don't let anybody lay a guilt trip on you for calling the cops.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2005, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    No help, just sympathy. I think it is outragous people get away with destroying their neighbors piece and quiet for their enertainment. Don't let anybody lay a guilt trip on you for calling the cops.

Not me Lab,
    I'd get "down & dirty" with this dude. The first thingt I'd do is to get chummy with him when he's out front. Ask about his little car. Say you're thinking about getting one just like it since he has so much fun with his. Get the make and model number and pay special attention to the control unit. Now truck on down to Toys R US or your local hobby shop and order a replacement control box. Stay out of sight the next time he gets in your face with his toy. You may now take over control and stop it dead, turn it around or send it out in the street under the wheels of your other neighbors SUV as he's backing out of his driveway. Hey! Let's face it. I'm just not as nice and polite as Labman!
    pkiesel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 04:43 PM
    Found a solution to the neighbor's R/C racket
    We were constantly being annoyed by our neighbor's 30-yr old son (still lives at home - what does that tell you?) driving his R/C cars all hours of day and night. My wife called the township zoning officer and found out that he would cite the neighbor for the noise if it kept up.

I went next door while the "kid" was at it to tell him. First he comes over and proudly pronounced "sure is noisy, isn't it!". Then I told him that if he ran it for more than an hour or two a day or late at night, we'd tell the zoning officer, who would fine them. I'm not sure whether it was the threat of the fine or of the zoning officer coming to their house (with its failing septic system) which made an impression, but he hasn't run it for more than an hour or two a day or a few minutes at night since!

Ymmv.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2005, 04:58 PM
    It is great the authorities did their job.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2005, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    It is great the authorities did their job.
    I still like my idea. It's more fun!
    I'd get "down & dirty" with this dude. The first thingt I'd do is to get chummy with him when he's out front. Ask about his little car. Say you're thinking about getting one just like it since he has so much fun with his. Get the make and model number and pay special attention to the control unit. Now truck on down to Toys R US or your local hobby shop and order a replacement control box. Stay out of sight the next time he gets in your face with his toy. You may now take over control and stop it dead, turn it around or send it out in the street under the wheels of your other neighbors SUV as he's backing out of his driveway. Hey! Let's face it. I'm just not as nice and polite as Labman! Tom
    rcracer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Ahahaha just get one yourself and run it when he is asleep or at home quitly or just suck it and the controler thing won't work big speed guy you have to bind the radios and without him pushing the button at the same time as you it won't work unless you can get your hands on it. Suggest an electricc car

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help I am going nuts with this [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie I saw on TV years ago about a woman who find out from the doctor she is dying so she hires a hitman to kill her she then find out the tests were wrong and she doesn't know how to contact the hitman to cancel the hit I don't rememeber the title or the actress but I have been...

Driving me nuts [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so for the past month or so i have been trying to find a movie that i remember seeing when i was about 6 or so. The movie is partially animated and is about this boy who goes into a library and gets sucked into a book. In the book he becomes animated. He then meets 2 books one is dressed as a...

Is this guy nuts? What should I do. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone I hope someone can give me advic on how to handle this situation. I have been going to this gym for about three years and haven't had a problem with anyone up until this point in time. There is a guy that has been a member there for about as long as I have. In the past he hasn't...

Light at own home produces sound when light at neighbor's house is switched on [ 4 Answers ]

I've moved into an apartment. I noticed that whenever I switched on my fluorescence light and when my neighbor switches on his light, my fluorescence light would produce a 'rrrrr' or 'mmm' sound which sometimes can be loud and irritating. I have tried changing the light bulb and even the ballast...

Neighbor's LOUD RC car toy driving me nuts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Is there a way to intercept my neighbor's remote control car toy signal? He drives me nuts with this extremely LOUD toy. The guy is maried, about 24 with a kid and owns the house next to me. I've closed the front door, all the windows and the noise still pierces through my house. I've talked...

View more questions Search