Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pramvir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Rattling in the house when AC is on
    Hi, hoping someone could help me with this. When I turn my AC on upstairs (3 level house), I hear a low to moderate rattling noise upstairs. When I checked out the furnace room in the basement, I could also hear a similar rattling noise in the ceiling where the vents are. There's no noise from the actual AC units outside.

Thanks.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Is the noise coming from the furnace?
    pramvir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Hi, the noise dose not appear to be coming from the furnace- just checked.
    Newtons_Heating_Law Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Any changes to your heating or AC layout (vents, other equipment) prior to this noise?
    When did this noise first become evident to you? Just a shot in the dark, but it sounds like vibration in the ductwork in general. H
    Ave the ducts been cleaned in the last few years?
    Is your filter dirty?
    Obstruction in the supply ducting might create higher static pressure when the fan kicks into high speed.
    Rattling in the furnace would have introduced the possibility that the blower was causing the vibration, but you have apparently ruled that out already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rattling, banging sounds in wall [ 2 Answers ]

When we turn on a shower, or flush a toilet, or turn on washer (Not necessarily all at once), we get this loud banging sound in our walls throughout or home. It doesn't matter if it's the cold or hot water. We live in California, moderate weather, two story home. This has never happened in the...

Rattling cold tap [ 3 Answers ]

We recently fitted new taps to the sink and bathroom. The cold tap in the sink occasionally makes a loud noise and rattles when turned on a little way. Turn it further and the rattling stops. It doesn`t happen every time. What can it be?

No Hot water to one pipe and rattling/squealing [ 4 Answers ]

Sounds like I have a problem exactly as this: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/kitchen-hot-water-stops-flowing-35745.html?highlight=hot ------ Think it's been a ongoing problem for a long while. I just never noticed it before... what basically used to happen was... I'd run hot...

Rattling refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what could be the cause of the absolutely unhingingly annoying rattling/squealing sound eminating from the back of my refrigerator. It is a frigidaire gallery about 5 or 6 years old. I have asked my landlord to look at it but he says its normal. I think its normal for him to...

Rattling noise in heating ducts [ 1 Answers ]

After I have turned the heater on and it warms up and the air starts to flow through the ducts there is an aweful rattling noise coming from the ducts. There is warm air coming out. Is something loose or do I need to call out a professional. Thank you, Mimi

View more questions Search