Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Bascially because the two threads were almost identical the original one was deleted because it was becoming too long and it was beginning to get "nasty"

I am sorry that it was deleted, but each thread only has so much storage space before it is closed or deleted.
    What the hell? "Nasty"? Compared to what? To me it seemed like an unusually kind and helpful thread. Also, compared to plenty of others, it wasn't all that long. Even if it was getting too long, it could have been closed without being deleted. That's just wrong. I don't usually b!tch about the moderating because I'm sure it's a hard and mostly thankless job, but this has to be the most unjustified and wrongheaded case I've seen. If there's something I'm missing here, I'd sure like to know what it is.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jun 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
    I am with you cowboy! Thanks for realizing what I have been thinking all fri@@in day. I think it was heartless and rude and uncalled for. I won't go down without a fight, they haven't got rid of me yet!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    What the hell? "Nasty"? Compared to what? To me it seemed like an unusually kind and helpful thread. Also, compared to plenty of others, it wasn't all that long. Even if it was getting too long, it could have been closed without being deleted. That's just wrong. I don't usually b!tch about the moderating because I'm sure it's a hard and mostly thankless job, but this has to be the most unjustified and wrongheaded case I've seen. If there's something I'm missing here, I'd sure like to know what it is.
    I'm with you too. I have no idea why it was deleted other than what I was told. I thought it best to share what I was told rather than keep it to myself. Guess I should have just kept it to myself.:o

Jun 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Well, I don't think you are wrong for not keeping it to yourself. You were honest and you should be. I know I appreciate it. I am also pretty sure who that came from and who is responsible although I don't know why someone who lives in glass houses throws stones!! The one saying it was turning nasty is nasty themselves. I guess maybe it is like looking in the mirror, you can't face the truth when its right in front of you. I never thought it was you and I have appreciated your insight from the beginning. You test me and that is a good thing. I like that. I am still learning from what people write, that's why we are here. That's why no one should have F@@@ed w my post
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Shattered, unfortunately, your thoughts of who did it are a little off. The one who did it is not nasty, but actually very loving and kind. This was a mistake that was made, it happens from time to time. Mistakes are unfortunate, but they do happen as we are all human.

I am glad that you like that I test you. I am being tested right now with the death of my father, he left us today.

So, in your grief I can relate to you. However, I am a very strong person (not saying that you aren't), maybe I can help you get over this. See the good things that happen daily to keep our loved ones close to us when we are in need of their love or guidance.

Jun 6, 2007, 05:49 PM
    I am feeling quite foolish right now for being so trivial. I am really saddened to hear of you losing your father today. You have continued to reach out to others even while suffering yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God's love and faith surround you during this difficult period of loss and pain.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
    I have no idea why it was deleted other than what I was told. I thought it best to share what I was told rather than keep it to myself. Guess I shoulda just kept it to myself.
    No, I very much appreciate your finding out what happened and sharing it. Having whole threads mysteriously "disappeared" with no notice or explanation is just rude.

This was a mistake that was made, it happens from time to time. Mistakes are unfortunate, but they do happen as we are all human.
    I understand that, and that being the case, the human thing to do would be for the person who made this particular mistake to acknowledge it and apologize for it. Or, if they don't really believe it was a mistake, to explain why they did it. Seems like common courtesy to me.

I am being tested right now with the death of my father, he left us today.

So, in your grief I can relate to you. However, I am a very strong person (not saying that you aren't), maybe I can help you get over this. See the good things that happen daily to keep our loved ones close to us when we are in need of their love or guidance.
    This thread really is about bereavement, isn't it? I am so sorry. You mentioned earlier that you had to travel several hundred miles to be with your father, and that he was dying a slow and painful death. One thing that has occurred to me in dealing with the deaths of both my parents, as well as others, is that sudden and unexpected deaths are quite a different thing to deal with than slow ones that take some time to unfold. All of the deaths of people close to me have been sudden and unexpected, so that's the only kind I know first-hand. For the person who dies, it mercifully cuts short their suffering and pain, but for the living who remain, it doesn't allow goodbyes to be said, and offers no chance to clear up misunderstandings or other loose ends in the relationship. That's been hard for me to deal with sometimes. I hope you got to do what needed to be done along those lines with your father before he passed. Aren't you glad he waited until you were able to get there? I offer you my heartfelt sympathy and condolences.

Jun 7, 2007, 06:38 AM
    It is easy to hide behind a computer when you make mistakes, or do things intentionally. I do agree that being honest about it makes it less hurtful. Yet, I cannot make someone do something they are unwilling to do. Maybe there is a lesson for me to learn in that being taken away from me. I have to stop taking everything so personally. Even when I have been wronged, I have to realize it is more about the other person than it is about me. J_9 is dealing with a loss that no one can know how it will affect her. She has traveled a long way to be with her father and care for him to the end. There is an unexpected blessing in being with someone who dies like that. I felt honored to have my father in law die in my home. It was a sad, but beautiful experience. It is hard to watch someone in such pain and there is nothing you can do. We are given some mercy in knowing they are without any pain or suffering, only eternal life and love. We have difficulty letting people go,but we have to realize we aren't losing them, they have just gone on to an existence separate and different from our physical one. I am still learning as I go, death has so many lessons in and of itself. I am sure you being there meant everything to him and your love for him will travel from this lifetime into his next one. I wish you peace my friend

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search