Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay147 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Paying mortgae when permitted from bail conditions to live at the property in the UK
    Can anyone from experience/knowledge tell me where I stand when I am restricted from entering a jointly own house on possible extended bail condition. Am I expected to continuing paying for half of the mortgage. I live in the UK
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Hello jay:

I looks like there two different issues going on here. You've got a case in criminal court and you've got a loan that needs to be serviced. They don't have anything to do with one another.

Does the bank care that you've been busted?? No. Does the bank expect to receive its mortgage payment? Yes. Will you lose your house if you don't pay?? Yes. Does the prosecutor care?? No.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
    excon is correct, the criminal court order not to enter, comes from some threat you have presented, ( no matter if real or not, it was considered possible by the court) Now the other mortgage is a civil issue, if your are by contract responsible to pay, yes you are suppose to pay. If you don't the other party can sue you in civil court for that amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weather conditions in Sri Lanka [ 1 Answers ]

What are weather conditions in Sri Lanka this time of year. Thanks

Buyer stopped paying - don't want property back [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, this gets complicated. I will try to keep it as simple as possible. I have inherited this problem from my Dad, who is in his 80s and is in failing health. About 30 years ago, my father and his five siblings (living in Texas and Oklahoma) inherited property (a gas station) in Oregon from a...

Return of Bail Bonds [ 2 Answers ]

What recourse do you have if a bail bonds company will not return your money that you posted for a bail?

Probation conditions [ 5 Answers ]

I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was...

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

View more questions Search