Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Jun 2, 2007, 02:07 AM
    Coconut oil
    Is coconut oil the same as coconut milk?
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 2, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix25
    Is coconut oil the same as coconut milk?
    No it isn't
    Nikki11 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Hi there,

The milk of the coconut is extracted by pressing out the flesh of the coconut - that white part that is so yummy to eat. The milk is actually about 17% oil, also water and solids. This mixture is fermented so that the parts separate, and then the oil can be removed.

'Coconut milk' can also be used to refer to the clear liquid in the centre of the nut, so do check. However, when we say milk, we normally mean the milky looking substance. The clear substance should really be coconut water.

Health benefits of virgin coconut oil are well known, and some claim it has a thermogenic effect too. Whereas coconut milk is used for flavour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypothyroidism + coconut oil =? [ 2 Answers ]

Does coconut oil help people with Hypothyroidism lose weight?

Virgin coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

Where in Australia can I buy virgin coconut oil?

Coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

What are the health benifets of coconut oil?

Coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

OK, coconut oil has been good to me in some ways (with my hair and scalp). But with my skin, it doesn't do anything about my blemishes. It leaves my skin feeling wonderful, but it does nothing for my acne. Sooo, I recently purchased 100% tea tree oil and I will buy 100% jojoba oil tomorrow. I...

Virgin coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

I have just discovered the amazing health benefits of unrefined virgin coconut oil. It is recommended that you take 1 tablespoon twice a day. However, I am having difficulty taking it by itself. Does anyone know if you can put the oil in any type of juice, etc and take it that way?

View more questions Search