Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deedee06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Jun 1, 2007, 08:39 PM
    How do I say no without hurting him?
    I recently started working at a restaurant (like three weeks ago)... and I really wasn't very close to any of the other workers. Well last night I was working and one of the workers (I'll call him Jake) invited to come along with a bunch of the servers to a bar to chill, etc. Well not thinking anything of it I said yes. To make a long story short, turns out he likes me, but he is one of those guys who you look at and say to yourself "man, he works two jobs full time, is still in college and 27, is already begginning to bald, he's gonna be a loner"... yeah... so I have no desire to even get him a shot (although he is really nice, I just don't ever see myself dating him)... he even asked me out, but I was working the only day he has off (thank heavens)

How do I say no? Or get him to stop following me around and trying to date me without actually confronting him about it? Should I ignore the problem and hope it goes away? Mention a boyfriend (that I really don't have)? Help!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Confront him. He needs to know what is on your mind and how you feel about this.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 08:44 PM
    No, I am not interested. I am not interesting in dating. Please leave me alone.

There is not one nice way to put it because no matter how you say it, it will feel like a let down.

Do not lie that will cause more problems. You sound superficial though there is more about dating or not dating somebody because they are balding. Or because you think they think they are going to be a loner. How do you know that?

The longer you wait to tell the truth the harder it will be. Nip this one in the bud or you will end up hurting him.

Jun 1, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Everyone is a little superficial in dating... you are attracted to some people and not others... it's a fact of life. He is not my type, too old (that was the balding comment), and doesn't seem to have much ambition. I guess if he tries to ask me out again I will flat out tell him that he is not what I am looking for.
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

Jun 2, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Ok, I was going to Rate/Disagree but I hate those 'red' marks. But just for a second look at what you've said between the two posts: "He's working Two full-time jobs and is also going to college". Sorry but I don't get the "doesn't seem to have much ambition" quote!
    I really agree with everyone about how if someone is not 'your type' then that's just how things are.
    Unless this guy's a stalker or semi-psycho, just be adult and reasonable... not everyone is supposed to be attracted to everyone. He should certainly understand that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Let me see, he is a very hard worker and going to college to better himself, yep sounds like a real loser, too bad he is not on welfare and smokes dope, but has hair, that would be a real catch.

You just say no and he will be the better for it, since he deseres someone that will respect him for what he is trying to do.

Jun 2, 2007, 11:32 PM
    You misunderstood... he is not going to college right now... I meant that he completed some college but stopped... but I can see how what I said was interpreted wrong... sorry half the time I'm exhausted when I get on here and not really paying attention

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hurting so much [ 9 Answers ]

Everyday seems like a struggle at the moment.went out last night with friends had nice night then wake up to a text from my soon to be exhusband saying that he'd told his girlfriend about us sleeping together and gave her dates and times and now she wants 2 meet me.should I meet her and give my...

Hurting [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend broke up with again. We have been together for 6 years. This has been about the 3rd time he said he was breaking up with me and each time it's over nothing. He won't call for a couple of weeks then he starts calling again like nothing ever happened. I'm beginning to question...

Hurting so much [ 9 Answers ]

How do I stop feeling like I'm dying inside when my daughter goes with her dad n his girlfriend out4 the day?

Hurting [ 51 Answers ]

OK I will apologise in advance about the length. Basically I'm a 24 year old male and recently my girlfreind of 7 years broke up with me. It has devastated me beyond belief. I know we were together from a young age and at first it was probably puppy love but over that time our love grew stronger...

Need Help... Hurting! [ 8 Answers ]

I've just come home from the doctors, it was a very embarrassing problem, for me about discomfort and irregular periods. (I've just turned 18, and never been to the doctors for anything like this before). He said it could be a number of things but he could examine me straight away to check if...

View more questions Search