Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrkneeavis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Pregnancy Tests
    I know you can take a pregnancy test 5 days before your missed period... I was just wondering if there was a test that you can take sooner? Or if there's a test you can take as soon as you think you conceived? I know it takes about 6 days for the pregnant hormone to be detected in your body...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Longer than that most of the time. I know of no test that tests sooner. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many women confused on whether they are. It depends on your body. Some women are 2-3 months pregnant before they ever get a positive test... here is a table of how the hcg levels vary to help explain... and this is only after the fertilized egg has implanted which can take 1-2 weeks from conception... a blood test can work as soon as 11 days after conception... but it is also looking for HCG... it is just more sensitive.

HCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
    Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
    Postmenopausal: <9.5 mIU/ml
    * These numbers are just a GUIDELINE-- every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.
    rrkneeavis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Oh OK... thanx
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
    When we were trying - I took a test when I was 3 weeks pregnant . It came up positive - but my doctor would not even think about seeing me until I was 7 days late. They let me know that I could have gotten a false positive and not to get my hopes up.
    Luckily, I was pregnant.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Yes I was 3 weeks when I took mine as well and got a pos... but that is very very rare, and in some cases, you are actually farther along than you realize..
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I was exactly 4 weeks when I got my positive and the doctors didn't want to see me until I was 10 weeks but I made them see me at 7wks.

Really all you can do is wait it out and take a test. When ever I would think about it, I just told myself to block it out, and if I was late, I'd take one, if not, no biggie. Just try not to think about it too much.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 10, 2007, 02:08 PM
    There is a commercial on TV for one that tests 5 days before your missed period. I think it might be EPT.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 03:54 PM
    My suggestion is for the Clear Blue Easy test. You get two in a box and they are digital read out, very easy to understand.

Good luck. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods and pregnancy tests [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I tried to get pregnant for four years and then we finally did and we had a son... now we have been trying for 10 months again and nothing has happened yet... I have irregular periods which I may get every 3 to 4 months and they last about 14 to 17 days... but on Dec.27, I had a...

Home Pregnancy tests [ 7 Answers ]

Help! Anyone, I am really anxious as to wheter or not I may be pregnant. Going by my ovulation date which was 19th may (Sat), would it be worth using a HPT kit today, I really really want to know.

Home pregnancy tests [ 1 Answers ]

How accurate are home pregnancy tests when taken a week and a half after your missed period?

Are pregnancy tests right [ 3 Answers ]

I came of the depo injection in dec 06 as the doctor thought it was making bleed.I then went on the pill and had my last bleed on the 28th jan 07 which I decided to stop the pill and try for another baby.I have not had a period since.my breasts hurt and my belly is hard and swollen but still no...

Home Pregnancy Tests [ 6 Answers ]

Do all home pregnancy tests work the same? I bought First Response, I am 1 day late with my period but the test came back negative, I'm just curious if I could still be pregnant or maybe try and use another brand that's better, any thoughts?

View more questions Search