Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Viodox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I have one testicle
    When I was 9 years old, my right testicle was hurting real bad, so I went to the emergency room, I got taken, and the doctor said he will try his best to save my testicle. Well it turns out it twisted and didn't get any oxygen, and now I am currently 16, and I have a dream of become a United States Marine, and my question is, will I make it through? Am I weaker because I have one testicle? Can I get one replaced? I really want to become a United States Marine, and I keep thinking I won't make it because I will be of less strength. Thank you all.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 31, 2007, 10:35 PM
    You can't replace a testicle, however I think you can still be accepted into the marines if you are overall healthy. This should not effect your health and I am pretty positive you can still get in to the Marines. Having only one testicle should not effect your strength at ALL, does it? You should live the same as any person and no different.. Some people that apply and get declined in to the army or marines are really sick or have major health problems.

May 31, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy681
    You can't replace a testicle, however I think you can still be accepted into the marines if you are overall healthy. This should not effect your health and I am pretty positive you can still get in to the Marines. Having only one testicle should not effect your strength at ALL, does it? You should live the same as any person and no different.. Some people that apply and get declined in to the army or marines are really sick or have major health problems.
    That's good to hear, I don't want to feel less or think I cannot do it because I have one testicle, but I will try my best into going in, I have no other health problems. Can I get like a transplant so it can look like I have two testicles?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 10:51 PM
    I do believe that they have implants, but it would be purley cosmetic and probably not covered by insurance.

May 31, 2007, 10:51 PM
    You know how much they cost? Probably like 3 grandish?
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM
    I really could not tell you. A cosmetic surgeon or a urologist would be who you would need to contact.

May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Thanks, and I am glad I won't have to worry about being weaker or less tough :D
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Nah, I had breast cancer and lost both breasts, but I am still a woman. LOL
    brcow2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I'm 38 and had one of my testicle removed three years ago. I was told that I shouldn't have any issues and that my body could easily work with one testicle. While it was the case for most men who had this condition, I had to be placed on Androgel (testosterone replacement therapy) because I suffered from extreme low testosterone levels. After trying different forms of therapy, I had the best, most stable, hormone levels with the gel.

To answer your question, unless you have low hormone symptoms, you shouldn't have any issues. However, if you are trying to regain the normal appearance, you can seek help with an implant. I don't have an implant, but I'm considering it. This is purely for my own reasons.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
    I lost a testicle through an accident when I was 9, and I have developed slower than most guys, but I'm ticking along just fine. :-D

Jun 10, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Funny thing is that I look older than most guys, and I had a testicle removed, is that a good thing? Or if I had two would I of had even higher testerone levels? When I am around 20, I'm going to get implants, I will tell my wife what happened though, can't keep something like that when I am married because that's lack of trust. I really hope the military accepts me.

Jun 10, 2007, 10:37 PM
    I think they should.

And I think you're just a normal man- one testicle can produce enough testosterone to maintain your body balanced and manly :p

Jun 10, 2007, 10:41 PM
    I don't think girls understand that lol.

Jun 10, 2007, 11:30 PM
    It's because they don't have them...

Apr 18, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Meh, back on topic, how can I get my testerone levels up? Will I be able to weight train like everyone else, or do I need to take something to enhance my testerone levels?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One testicle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 1 testicle and have had my hole life, I think it must have gone undetected as a kid as no one ever mentioned it to me. I have seen a doctor or anyone yet because I want it to be a secret. I was wondering am I indangering myself by not seeking advice.

Hernia: preventing testicle pain while lifting! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

Testicle pain when weightlifting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

View more questions Search