Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seasideview Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Motor and fan will not start
    My air conditioner won't start, I have replaced the capacitor and the contactor (sp) and the motor and fan still will not start. There is no fuses to replace. Any ideas?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 07:34 PM
    When some one turns on ac, do you see contactor pull down?
    Do you have 220 in and out of contactor?
    Does the inside fan come on?
    All disconnects and breakers on?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 31, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Do you have 24 volts going to your condensing unit? If you do, check for a open or bad controls. Some units have high pressure switches that have a reset buttons on them and some have a time delay relays that can fail, it could be low on refrigerant and the low pressure switch has it off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace motor has power but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace motor will not start, however if I give it a gentle turn by hand (via the fan), it starts right up and runs fine. Is the is capacitor or a switch problem in the motor? Thanks...

Set Blower motor start time? [ 1 Answers ]

Manufacturer = Inter City Furnace Manufacture Date = 1991 Type = Forced air - up draft (house is on a slab) Fuel = Nat Gas The furnace cycles on and off correctly BUT it seems that the blower motor takes a long time to turn on - the flame is burning for maybe a minute(?) before the blower...

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

Ceiling Fan - Motor Start Capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan whose motor fails to self-start. The fan has three speeds. All three speeds work fine if I hand spin the blades, starting at low speed of course. The fan has a remote unit. Once I hand start the fan the remote allows me to change speeds up and down and turn off the...

View more questions Search