Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zaheer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Removing my name from a mortgage
    Hi there. I need to remove my name from the deeds of my house and replace them with a family member, the house is mortgaged. But I still want to pay the mortgage, such that if anyone comes asking for money, the house can not be touched, any body with any suggestions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Well of course merely transferring proper to hide it from present creditors is called fraud,
    If you do it before you are in that debt it is called good finicial management.

But if your name is on the mortgage, you will have to have someone do a refinanace or a new loan, pay off your old loan, taking your name off the mortgage and the deed.
    jay147 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer1
    Hi there. i need to remove my name from the deeds of my house and replace them with a family member, the house is mortgaged. but i still want to pay the mortgage, such that if anyone comes asking for money, the house can not be touched, any body with any suggestions.
    You can have your name removed and replaced by another. You jhave to pretend that you are selling your share for a very small amount of money. You then make an agreement with that person that if you pay the mortgage you will be entitled to a percentage of the property. You can transfer monmey into that persons account and ensure that the person then transfers the money to pay the mortgage. You must also ensure that any payment failures from you or the other person becomes joint responsibility.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hello z:

The Padre is right.

The solutions posed by both you and jay are fraudulent. If they catch you (and I don't see why they wouldn't - your plan isn't especially unique), they'll put you in jail, AND the family member you enticed into your conspiracy.

You're better off just losing money.

excon
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jun 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Also, if you transfer ownership of the property without the approval of the lender, you run the risk of triggering the Due on Sale clause which your mortgage certainly contains, unless it is very old.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I think it is called a "quit claim"... put that in Google and search it. The lady acrosss the street her boyfriend was dying from cancer, mortgage is in his name house was put in her name... he died she is paying of mortgage and the loan is still in his name. Hope this helps this is in ohio:)
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
    OK so excon answer this what if he isn't having problems creditors... and such how can that be criminal? To give the house away and still pay for it... maybe a gift to his child etc
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Lol excon your greenies always come with a but. Happy to receive them though
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Hello again, bushg:

But he IS having trouble, and he indicated as much.

If he wasn't and just wanted to make a gift, he could do it through a will or a trust. But, if he just quit claimed his interest, the bank is going to stop it. They'll do that, because he's the one they loaned the money to, not the other family member.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:31 AM
    excon... sometimes bush is slow to catch things... I reread after I had posted. So my neighbor, her dead boyfriend and their lawyer are committed a crime... eeks. The dead botfriend had excellent credit
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Hello again, bush my friend:

Nooo, she's only risking the loan being called.

Your neighbor didn't change ownership to keep the property from being seized, or to keep liens from being placed upon it due to some illegal activity or in contemplation of a civil suit being filed.

But, that's why the poster wants to do this, and that's a criminal act.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Gotcha excon. If someone will tell me how to post a thread I will ask a question about removing name from deed. DUH I DID IT TWICE AND CAN'T Remember HOW... sorry not screaming cpas locked
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Hello again:

At the top of this page are three oblong boxes. Click on the middle one.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 % down on a Mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

I have always been very conservative with my finance and fortunatly I was able to pay off my home in December. My vehicles are paid off and I have no credit card debt; furthermore, I have no intentions of leaving my current home but with all that equity tied up in my property a few questions have...

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

Removing name as Co-signer on a mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I signed on to a mortgage as a co-signer and I will like to know how I can immediately go about having my name removed from the mortgage? Such as what steps do I need to take and who should I contact? Also would the other party be able to prevent me from removing my name? And what obstacles should...

Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I own a trailer,an I keep records of payments, but I have looked everywhere for a spreadsheet to help me keep track of payments an later fees an bounced checks,I guess I need a title of what I'm looking for,I have goggle an Yahoo I just need to figure out how much she owns an what a payoff...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my friend to my mortgage loan. How do I do this?

View more questions Search