Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prcook Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Staying Connected to AOL
    I am having trouble staying connected to AOL. I have used AOL for 2 years and never had this problem. I used to leave my computer signed in 24/7 and never got kicked off and now for the past few days I can leave it on and have no activity for a couple of hours and go back and I've been kicked off and a message reads that I've been kicked off due to inactivity. Does anyone have any answers.. Best Regards, prcook
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 31, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Does your computer have a sleep mode?

May 31, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    Does your computer have a sleep mode?
    Not sure, I am pretty new at all of this.. I've had a computer for 2 years but I have only recently started really getting on it. Thanks for the help. I'll try to find out about the sleep mode. Thank You, prcook
    Viodox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Probably because the lack of bytes being sent, you are being disconnected, you can try using TCPoptimizer from SpeedGuide.net :: Your Guide to Broadband, and move the bar to 56k, then click on optimal settings. Save, and it should help.

May 31, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Viodox
    Probably because the lack of bytes being sent, you are being disconnected, you can try using TCPoptimizer from SpeedGuide.net :: Your Guide to Broadband, and move the bar to 56k, then click on optimal settings. Save, and it should help.
    Don't think that this will help me because I'm on regular dial up. Thanks. prcook

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control. The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the diagnostic light is 3 Blinks...

Staying Competitive [ 3 Answers ]

I would appreciate it if someone with a legal mind could help me with the following scenario and the questions that follow. Thank you very much. Two weeks into your new and exciting responsibilities of national sales manager, you are beginning to lose your good feelings. This change of...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search