Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfbshop Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2007, 03:31 PM
    some pictures will not display on myspace w/vista & ie7
    I have Vista Home version and Internet Explorer 7 on a new Dell computer. I am having problems displaying pictures on myspace webpage and on other myspace websites. Some of the pictures with display OK and some will only show a small box with an X in it. I can right click on each picture and click show picture and the picture will display. Sometimes I can Refresh the webpage and the pictures will display. I have Kodak Easy Share Software and have updated my software and still have problems displaying pictures on myspace websites. I have not completely checked other web sites for the same problem. I did go to some websites and did not have a problem. I have checked Show pictures under the Tools menu on IE7 and have checked the setting on Vista firewall but could not find any problem with the settings. I had a third party firewall but had problems with Vista so I removed the third party firewall and went back to the Vista firewall and that is when I seem to begin to have problems displaying pictures. Also was having some problem with my Easy Share Software with Vista so I updated that software and it is supposed to be for Vista.
    I don't know what to try now. Any help anyone can give me would be much appreceited!
    pfb :confused:
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 31, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Did you just recently get Internet Explorer 7?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Hmmm... my advice would be to buy a mac :) but in the meantime, there is a forum that may be able to help you

Windows Vista Forum

Good luck!
    pfbshop Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2007, 08:02 PM
    No I did not just get IE7 now, it came with the Dell approx 30-45 days ago and this is just now a problem displaying pictures on myspace pages
    Pfb

I was able to display all pictures on myspace websites on another computer - Dell desktop w/XP and IE6. Don't know why the new Dell which came with Vista Home edition and IE7 will not display the pictures without refreshing the webpage or right clicking on the picture box and clicking Show Picture. I think it has something to do with the Vista firewall or IE7. If I download and reinstall IE7 do you think that would help??
    Pfb
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
    I don't think reinstalling will help. This is one of many security precautions they are taking now. I don't know much about vista but I don't think they even have a way to disable specific options if you want to... like I said, get Mac ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Embedded pictures on Myspace [ 1 Answers ]

How do you put a picture in your myspace profile or on a comment?? Please help

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Pictures won't Display [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try to view pictures on myspace they either have a box with a red X in the corner on Internet explorer or on Mozilla Firefox they show a broken box with 3 little shapes inside of it, why is this, and how do I fix it? Thanks.

Some pictures won't show up on myspace.com. [ 15 Answers ]

why don't some pictures/images, whatever, show up on myspace.com? Instead there is a red x in a box in the upper left hand corner. Is it norton? A virus? Settings? I thought it was myspace, but the pictures show up on my laptop.

Modem & Vista [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I recently purchased a Gateway computer that came with Vista Premium. I currently do not have internet at home, but service will start tomorrow. My question is, can you install an external modem (Motorola SB5101) without having the installation cd? I have the modem, but no cd to go with...

View more questions Search