Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missgallucci Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Background Check?
    Hey, I have a theft charge. I got defered ajudification if that's how you spell it well that means I never get convicted charged and it will only say pending for a year then dismissed for two years then completely gone after 3 years. But I Want a job and I am not sure what will come up when they look. How can I find out without paying any money. Call my lawyer... probation officer? Im trying to avoid that but if you know tell me thanks :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Call your probation officer and explain the problem, I am sure you will get good answers there. But not all jobs do background checks unless it is home care, cleaning, etc. where you have to be pretty reesponsible before going into clients' homes.
    missgallucci Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Jualsy Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I am not aware that the checking goes to that extreme... usually references are all that are required.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Hello Miss:

There are many different kinds of background checks and there are many different kinds of firms doing them. The bottom line is, there isn't an "is".

If the company you apply with wants to find out about your past, they can if they're willing to spend the money and they spend it with the right people.

excon
    czech Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 09:31 AM

Mainly all jobs do background checks,if your lucky you will find some that don't. If your not convicted why don't u go to county court and pay 75$ and get it seal or expunge. Then you don't have to worry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job doing background check [ 12 Answers ]

I recently was pressed with charges for theft under 5000. My job interviewer today asked if I had ever been convicted. I told her no. She's going to do a background check, and my court date is next week. The question: Will I still have a criminal record leading into the court or does it take...

Background check [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court. Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have...

Background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help, how do I go about a background check on a private school for my 6th grader? I find it strange there is only 52 kids 1-12 grade?

Background check; concerned... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, For the past year I have worked in HR as an assistant. I graduated from college last year. (05) Recently I applied for a position at a big company, and rec'd the offer for a recruiting coordinator. I accepted the offer and I have about 2 weeks until I start. The company is VERY thorough...

View more questions Search