Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I'm quite familiar with how internet forums work. Didn't want to to expect a reply, that's why I posted. I'm 99.9% certain that she doesn't visit this site anymore. The question was revived by a poster who posted a irrelevant homework question.
    If you didn't want a reply you shouldn't have posted. That's how forums work, someone browses the forum, comes across an open thread and feels they have something to add to and so they do. As homesell noted, whether the person that started the thread still visits the forum or not is irrelevant, as is your belief they no longer visit and your opinion that it was "revived by a poster who posted a irrelevant homework question." We have enough moderators already, NK.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Oops, my crappy typing skills are evident again. Meant to type: "I didn't want him (Homesell) to expect a reply". My bad. Just trying to help.

BTW this was the question that revived the thread - standard homework question that is irrelevant to the OP's question. No need to apologize.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Oops, my crappy typing skills are evident again. Meant to type: "I didn't want him (Homesell) to expect a reply". My bad. Just trying to help.

BTW this was the question that revived the thread - standard homework question that is irrelevant to the OP's question. No need to apologize.
    Then perhaps you should start saying what you mean in the first place?
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 09:16 AM
    I try but the drinking gets in the way.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jul 1, 2009, 10:49 AM
    I don't post to get replies. That's why I never ask questions. My satisfaction comes from believing that someone reads my answer and says,"hey I never thought about it that way before. Maybe thinking outside the box is good"

I do like that the character in needkarma box moves. That looks pretty cool.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 12:06 PM
    I've made friends with admins here. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 01:31 PM
    I've made friends with admins here. :)
    Ah, so the admins DO play favorites here? That would explain some things...
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Sure they do, we help each other out. That's how the world works.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jul 1, 2009, 02:40 PM

Your question has been asked by many I assure you.
    First be relieved to know, as many of us have asked that question. We are thinking from the human part of things. You already begin to answer your own question. Jesus our saviour is the most advanced man to ever walk the earth. ( No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him ( John1:18) that makes him. Knowing that helped me a bit.
    Once again you are right when you say . If Jesus should come back to earth now ,hear the Mythologies built up arounde him , see the creedalisim, denominatinationalism, sacramentalism, carried out in his name He would certianly say, If this is Christianity, I am not a Christian.
    We were forewarned of these times as well by the great prophets by the Binal predictions foretelling of the great Apostasy, where men would be lovers of themselves, blasphemers, boasters, disobedient to parents etc. ( I am not saying this is the end of the world).

( Let no man decieve you by any means; for the day shall come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.)

I am not here to Judge anyone or thing. Only to tell you don't feel like you are the only one to ever suffer this question.
    However, if any of you or anyone lack wisdom, I do suggest you do as I did. Find a place where you feel comfortable, without distraction
    get on your knees and bring your questions upon the Lord Directly. Ask him for guidance, answers, what path is it he wants you to be lead , and that you want to serve HIS WILL first , before your own. If done from the heart, and Faithfully, Your answers will be shown to you.

Remember the Scriptures are our map to our Father, getting to know him as well as coming to love him. The Doctrine written in it is perfect in everyway, only the people are not. This is why we are Human. Put here to be tested, tried in everyway that our Father sees fit.
    Don't let them discourage you. God is not one of confusion.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Sure they do, we help each other out. That's how the world works.
    Gee, like we didn't know that. The point is I'm sure a number of people wouldn't be too happy to know you get special privileges. The rest of us get this message, "You may not upload animated images."
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:01 PM
    It's just an animated gif. If you're nice and help them out they may allow it for you. I help with my technical knowledge and experience. Geez, bitter much?
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:18 PM
    It's just an animated gif. If you're nice and help them out they may allow it for you. I help with my technical knowledge and experience. Geez, bitter much?
    Why do you always assume bitterness on my part? I couldn't care less that they allow you to have an animated photo. But, I have been around these forums long enough to know not everyone sees it that way, they expect the site to be free from partiality in the administration. And I think they have a point.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Nah, you care or you wouldn't be dragging this on. If me having an animated avatar makes think this site is impartial then they are correct - it's a private site that is moderated the owners wish it to be moderated. If people aren't comfortable with that they are free to find another forum that matches their views. I mean for chrissakes it's just a website and I didn't even ask for the avatar.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Nah, you care or you wouldn't be dragging this on. If me having an animated avatar makes think this site is impartial then they are correct - it's a private site that is moderated the owners wish it to be moderated. If people aren't comfortable with that they are free to find another forum that matches their views. I mean for chrissakes it's just a website and I didn't even ask for the avatar.
    If you knew me you would know I've made the same argument at other sites, that the owners have the right to do as they wish... that doesn't mean others don't have a point about partiality.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 05:16 PM
    There are no "others", just you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 05:35 PM
    There has been a great deal of foolishness in the past and it has led to judgemental attitudes. The forgivenness of God has not been well understood or preached, too many sins have been treated as unforgivable,and the Church has been unwilling to change and have light shone on some bad attitudes which developed over time. When I speak of these things I speak of all denominations or should that be abominations. What is reasonably certain is the longer you remain in a particular church the greater the possibility you will be hurt by someone in authority.

You have had a good experience with one adherent of the Catholic Church, you may not have been as well received in another place and this is true of all denominations, one pastor will be judgemental, another helpful. All you can do is forgive those who fail to treat you as well as you expected as Jesus would have done and move on.

The Churches we have today are far from the model that Jesus demonstrated, he preached moving from town to town, healed the sick through prayer, raised up desciples to do the same. His cathedral was the great outdoors and he was led by the Spirit so if a Church is described as pagan it is because it has adopted the ways of the world which always seem good to man but may not be the way God operates
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:22 PM
    There are no "others", just you.
    Whatever, NK. You're free to think what you want, you always do. I'm happy for you that you've found favor with the admins, I don't need that sort of validation. I'd much rather be able to post here freely without others knowing I'm the admins' pet.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 07:26 PM
    It's almost like you're still in high school. :)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Personally, I like the avitar that you use with the dufus head dorky guy. I laugh every time I see it... it is EXACTLY the way I picture you in "real" life... ha ha ha. Yes.. I think I am a HOOT! ;)

(oops... I didn't go and put my foot in my mouth did I?. that IS just a picture of a dufus head dorky guy and not YOU?) :D
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Whatever, NK. You're free to think what you want, you always do. I'm happy for you that you've found favor with the admins, I don't need that sort of validation. I'd much rather be able to post here freely without others knowing I'm the admins' pet.
    Well speech... not that my vote matters much... but I think you are smart, witty and politically correct and I enjoy all your posts... (yes, I'm a fan ;) ) I haven't found one single thing you have ever said that I disagreed with. (course... I'm not admin's pet:mad:)... BUT!! I'm darn fun, cute and sweet in the real world :cool:... go speechy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search