Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    Zig Ziglar often said, "If you let a hypocrite stand between you and God...which one of you is closer to God?"
    And, "If you keep throwing dirt at people, you're just losing ground."
    And, "the longer you nurse a grudge, the longer it takes to get better."
    These are wonderful quotes, thank for sharing them...
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/books-...fe-171287.html
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 10:33 PM
    startover22,
    Yes they are.
    I also enjoyed them
    Fred
    cjstout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 10:08 AM

Jesus had a very focused and organized ministry while in physical form.
    The new order of Christianity is divided into far too many parts and along with that comes horrible manners and forgetfulness about who we are ("we" being individuals that subscribe to what is now known as "religiousity")
    We're too concerned about rules in our divisions and should be focusing on our strengths as a group, not which sect of the faith we belong to.

There's a new ministry coming of age named RockNeuro who's mission it is to unify believers of Christ across all lines of division. We've been working on RockNeuro for 7 years to develop a radio sound, not the typical Christian Radio sound, but a showcase for the incredible number of artists that speak of relationships with God through their music. We find this music hidden all over, so that is why the sound of the station is so unique. We do something different though----we have announcers and DJ's that speak frankly about relationships with God and the TRUTH about life.
    I'm the COO of this ministry and we have other parts of it that I cannot detail at this time, but we're looking for people to talk about what we do... please tell people.
    Our intention is to give ministries and agencies that help people a forum and a place to collaborate, share resources, even combine to have buying power!

In our test streams we've been getting feedback that our sound is so compelling, people opt to not turn on the TV for their favorite shows and they listen to RockNeuro!
    What an affirmation of our mission!

If you'd like to be kept posted about our "go-live" date, just let me know. In the meantime, know that there are millions of people that share your views. I do and everyone that has responded in a kind way certainly does!

God Bless you, and Thank You for asking this question.
    It's a testament to your faith that you stand up and be heard.

In Christ,

Rev. Chad Stout
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Aug 24, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Lets not be so judgmental. We have no idea what is in the hearts and mind of others.
    God is spirit, you can not feel Him with our hands or see Him with our eyes
    Physically. We only have to believe. God gave us choices to make, it is up to us
    To believe. It is the cry of our hearts to have a Savior to live in us and blessing us
    Each day. David said "those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing".
    Ps. 34;10 He tell us "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29;11
    This is where we are to keep our mind on the promises of God not on what others are
    Doing or saying, we let evil enter our heart when we think on bad thoughts.
    God loves us and will strengthen us to withstand the stresses and blows of this life.
    God's indwelling presence of love and strength you and will wrap you in His loving arms.
    Trusting, Loving, and Obeying. Choose to believe and stand on the promises of God.
    Pray often, He is all ways there for us, He is waitting for us and wants to bless us.
    Gods Word is the bible, speaking to us, it is how we get to know Him, He is His Word.
    John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
    Was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made though Him, and
    Without Him nothing was made that was made.

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstout View Post
    There's a new ministry coming of age named RockNeuro who's mission it is to unify believers of Christ
    Rev. Stout:

There is already a ministry of Unity in Christ, It is the Church of Jesus Christ; you call it the Roman Catholic Church. Commissioned by Christ its mission has been to do as commanded “Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.” It has done so faithfully "…as the centuries succeed one another, the Church constantly moves forward toward the fullness of divine truth until the words of God reach their complete fulfillment in her.” (Dei Verbum) It has done so in Christ's spirit, as He prayed, “ And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me. That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (Cf John 17:20, 21) One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

JoeT
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 09:46 PM
    New church
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Rev. Stout:

There is already a ministry of Unity in Christ, It is the Church of Jesus Christ; you call it the Roman Catholic Church. Commissioned by Christ its mission has been to do as commanded “Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.” It has done so faithfully "…as the centuries succeed one another, the Church constantly moves forward toward the fullness of divine truth until the words of God reach their complete fulfillment in her.” (Dei Verbum) It has done so in Christ’s spirit, as He prayed, “ And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me. That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (Cf John 17:20, 21) One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

JoeT
    Come on joe you know there is always someone trying to reinvent the church. If it did what it is supposed to be doing it wouldn't need to be reinvented.

I cannot recall Jesus commanding anyone to build meeting halls, you cannot find it in the Great Commission "Go and build great meeting halls that the people should come and present their tythes", it's just not there. We would very much like the church to move forward but still it sits on its blessed assurance and no one goes. Jesus didn't say "have meetings and have them more abundantly". When is the last time you attended the Baptism of a new believer?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 05:03 AM
    It has done so faithfully
    BwaHaHahahaha!!
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 26, 2009, 11:08 AM

When ANY church that is Biblically sound, and goes on to duplicate the minisry of Jesus Christ, then THAT church is the true Church.

Without the miraculous (I'm not talking about weeping statues, supposed images of Jesus in various places, etc.) all you have left is a debating society. Useless!
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    When ANY church that is Biblically sound, and goes on to duplicate the ministry of Jesus Christ, then THAT church is the true Church.
    And where is it written in Scripture that everybody who follows Christ can open a church? Wouldn't we eventually end up with as many churches as there are believers? Which is the better church; the biggest, the most architecturally pleasing, or maybe the one with the tallest steeple? Or do we not need churches; who would serve the sacraments?

JoeT
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 26, 2009, 02:03 PM
    And where is it written in Scripture that everybody who follows Christ can open a church? Wouldn't we eventually end up with as many churches as there are believers? Which is the better church; the biggest, the most architecturally pleasing, or maybe the one with the tallest steeple? Or do we not need churches; who would serve the sacraments?

JoeT
    You didn't address any points in my previous post.

There is only ONE Church. It is the corporate Body of Christ, His representative on planet Earth, and it DOES continue the ministry that Jesus began, and as we see it furthered in the history of the Bood of Acts.

Does your church exhibit the ministry of Christ and those whose ministries are shown in the Book of Acts that did so?

The Church has NOTHING to do with buildings, steeples, or any other efifice.The earliest church congregations met in member's homes.

Any believer is authorized to administer baptism and the Lord's Supper.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Useless debating society

Without the miraculous (I'm not talking about weeping statues, supposed images of Jesus in various places, etc.) all you have left is a debating society. Useless!!
    That is, of course, provided you are allowed to debate, but we know that in such Churches debate is stiffleled, this is why what you have left is an empty shell. What did Jesus say white tombs full of dead men's bones, somehow I think he was being prophetic when he made that statement
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 07:20 PM
    You didn't address any points in my previous post.

There is only ONE Church. It is the corporate Body of Christ, His representative on planet Earth, and it DOES continue the ministry that Jesus began, and as we see it furthered in the history of the Blood of Acts.
    Precisely, one Body of Christ, one faith; a mystical body you call the Roman Catholic Church this is the “one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts,[ Cf. 1 Cor. 11:18-19; Gal. 1:6-9; 1 Jn. 2:18-19] which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable…For it is through Christ's Catholic Church alone, which is the universal help towards salvation, that the fullness of the means of salvation can be obtained. It was to the apostolic college alone, of which Peter is the head, that we believe that Our Lord entrusted all the blessing of the New Covenant, in order to establish on earth the one Body of Christ into which all those should be fully incorporated who belong in any way to the people of God. During its pilgrimage on earth, this people, though guided by God's gentle wisdom, according to his hidden designs, until it shall happily arrive at the fullness of eternal glory in the heavenly Jerusalem.” (Unitatis Redintegratio, 3)

This is what was being explained to Rev. Stout. There already is One Church in unity with Christ.

Does your church exhibit the ministry of Christ and those whose ministries are shown in the Book of Acts that did so?
    In Christ’s Church we hold that the Acts of the Apostles is a view of the formation of the Catholic Church by the Apostles. (It’s Christ’s Church, not my Church) In Acts the first twelve chapters are of St. Peter’s preaching and in the remaining chapters we read of the Apostle (sometimes called the 13th Apostle). Acts isn’t simply a history of the early Catholic Church, it paints its ordeal in feeling it’s way with the help of the Holy Spirit. In acts we see the continuation of Luke’s Gospel with the risen Christ, and the acts of the Christian missionaries and communities in Jerusalem, Antioch, Corinth, Ephesus and other parts of the Roman Empire. We see the Catholic Apostles given power of the Holy Spirit working in its Church defending it so that “the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

Therefore, we find Christ’s Church is “compared, not without significance, to the mystery of the incarnate Word. As the assumed nature, inseparably united to him, serves the divine Word as a living organ of salvation, so, in a somewhat similar way, does the social structure of the Church serve the Spirit of Christ who vivifies it, in the building up of the body (cf. Eph. 4:15).” (Lumen Gentium , I)

We have various images of the Church such as the sheepfold or the bride of Christ; driven by the Holy Spirit she plays her part in fulfilling God’s plan constituted by Christ for our salvation and the salvation of the world. Her human shepherds commissioned by their Lord and is called the ‘building of God (1 Cor. 3:9), built on Peter, the rock. The Church is our redemption in Christ even in her poverty and oppression “clasping sinners to her bosom, at once holy and always in need of purification, follows constantly the path of penance and renewal.” (Cf. Lumen Gentium, I)

Yes , I see the Acts of Catholics ministering to the one
    The Church has NOTHING to do with buildings, steeples, or any other edifice. The earliest church congregations met in member's homes.
    A building normally takes on the name of the function that takes place in it, i.e. the courthouse is the building in which the court resides. A church is no different, e.g. the Church is where Christ resides; so in the same sense it is about buildings, edifices, columns, cornices, etc, allegorically and literally. And her body members “are God's coadjutors… are God's husbandry… are God's building.” Paul goes on to tell us that, “According to the grace of God that is given to me, as a wise architect, I have laid the foundation: and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Christ Jesus.” (1 Cor. 3:9-11) Yes, the Roman Church is a building, a group of buildings, a congregation, a collage of congregations making God's university called the Roman Catholic Church.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 09:36 PM
    God in residence

A building normally takes on the name of the function that takes place in it, i.e. the courthouse is the building in which the court resides. A church is no different, e.g. the Church is where Christ resides; so in the same sense it is about buildings, edifices, columns, cornices, etc, allegorically and literally. And her body members “are God's coadjutors… are God's husbandry… are God's building.” Paul goes on to tell us that, “According to the grace of God that is given to me, as a wise architect, I have laid the foundation: and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Christ Jesus.” (1 Cor. 3:9-11) Yes, the Roman Church is a building, a group of buildings, a congregation, a collage of congregations making God's university called the Roman Catholic Church.

JoeT
    Joe Christ doesn't reside in a Church building, He resides in the hearts of the believers. The Church is the people not a building. If your church is a building you have placed your faith in the wrong place bricks and mortar cannot save you
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
    paraclete,
    Jesus IS in the Church building I go yo in the form of the Holy Eucharist.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:24 AM

Well, the bible does say this:

Where two are three are gathered together in MY name there am I in the midst.

All I would say is... wherever you are gathering to worship the Lord... just make sure you are gathering to HIS name.

For there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

Personally I worship at a non denominational building.. for the real church is simply the body of Christ and that includes EVERY believer... no matter what denomination.

I can see no where in scripture that places a position of authority OR a leader in the Church as more HOLY than anyone else. We are made the righteousness of Christ when we accept him.. we are place IN him and Him IN us after we believed. But we are sanctified by how we walk. We are ALL to be holy for HE is holy.

Right? Or am I wrong?

Tess
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:45 AM
    For it is through Christ's Catholic Church alone, which is the universal help towards salvation, that the fullness of the means of salvation can be obtained.
    What a bunch of arrogant crap. I find it supremely ironic that even though Jesus attacked the very idea of a "chosen people", many of his supposed followers continue to embrace it fervently.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Precisely, one Body of Christ, one faith; a mystical body you call the Roman Catholic Church this is the “one and only Church of God
    I know you guys mean this in all sincerity, but this is perhaps the most arrogant, outrageous, nonsensical belief in all of Christianity.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I know you guys mean this in all sincerity, but this is perhaps the most arrogant, outrageous, nonsensical belief in all of Christianity.
    I second that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Well, the bible does say this: Where two are three are gathered together in MY name there am I in the midst.

All I would say is... wherever you are gathering to worship the Lord... just make sure you are gathering to HIS name.
    Simply gathering in His name does not constitute a Church. We cannot take the phase “For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” found in Matthew chapter 18 as saying that a church is formed. If this was true then each time any two Christians came together a church would be constituted, which we know to be silly. If this were the case we’d have a severely schizophrenic God, telling this church one thing, this other church something else. Paraphrasing St. Cyprian we see that gathering together is predicated on orthodoxy, being compliant with the Church. To suggest that two gathered together can form a new or different church would be saying that Christ’s intent was to divide the Twelve, which we know not to be the case. Matthew, chapter 18, v. 17 through 20 tells us that Christ is actually giving authority to the Apostles and their successors binding our faith to the Church. (Cf. St. Cyprian, De Unitate Ecclesiae circa 250 A.D.)

For there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.
    Agreed.

Personally I worship at a non denominational building.. for the real church is simply the body of Christ and that includes EVERY believer... no matter what denomination.
    Catholics hold that they too are the body of Christ, and that the Church is the Mystical Body of Christ. (Cf John 15:5-12) Catholics are bound together in a supernatural life through the Christ centered sacraments as one body with Christ as it’s head. “17 For we, being many, are one bread, one body: all that partake of one bread. “ (Cf1 Cor. 10:17) There is only one Church of Jesus Christ.

I can see nowhere in scripture that places a position of authority OR a leader in the Church as more HOLY than anyone else. We are made the righteousness of Christ when we accept him... we are place IN him and Him IN us after we believed. But we are sanctified by how we walk. We are ALL to be holy for HE is holy.
    I see an authority referred to in Scripture; to the Apostles He said, “teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.” (Matt 28:20)

Right? Or am I wrong?
    Tess
    I let you decide that for yourself.

JoeT
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 01:32 PM

"There is only one Church of Jesus Christ"
    I think we all agree on that, we just don't agree that it is manifested as the "Roman Catholic Church." I realize this is one of those issues on which we'll have to agree to disagree in all likelihood but it is just a claim for which I can find no scriptural basis.

I know all the arguments, it doesn't mean we can't find salvation or that we aren't an "ecclesiastical community," we're just "separated brethren" who are a little "defective."
    Doesn't scripture say a thing or two about such arrogance, such pretense, such judgmentalism?

Who decided we were kind of OK, but defective anyway? Was it the sixteenth Council which declared all, even the pope were subject to the Council? Or was it say, the twentieth Council which declared the Pope's definitions were "irreformable of themselves and not from the consent of the Church? Or did that come later?

Didn't Peter himself give an indication of how wrongheaded such a belief is, when he declared "And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith."

It doesn't matter if you're Catholic, Baptist or whatever, it only matters that your heart is "purified by faith" in Christ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search