Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
    One more post. Just in case God is real: I do not want to go to HELL! So with that said, be the best person you can be and love each other for who we are.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Oh I have been told by quite a few mormons, that there is a place for us non-believers... right after they gave me their book every day for a month straight...
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
    I was a christian for 18 years. I stopped going to church a few years ago, I do not agree with everything that is in the bible and I don't want to seen with people who are haters, rasists, and all together rude people. Like most christians I know are. In my opinion, they can be one-sided and VERY judgemental. Hardly any are really like Jesus. Why be part of that? Why call yourself a child of god when all you are is a child of the world? Anyway, I will not be part of such a rude religion. I think christians can be hypocrites and I don't wish to be like that. If you are seeing all these BAD sides to the religion then in my opinion you shouldn't be a christian. Why be part of something that clearly isn't right? It's not the master religion, its not the only way and it sure as heck isn't loving.

Here are url's to questions I asked of this nature/ish maybe it will help or w/e

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...not-72427.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ell-54238.html
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    Oh I have been told by quite a few mormons, that there is a place for us non-believers...right after they gave me their book every day for a month straight...
    And THIS post just happens to be your 666th post! Haha

Anyway, one cannot take the scripture word for word. It has been manipulated since origin by people who were not believers.

(Wheres NeedKarma when you need him... I always love that post from Leviticus that he throws in at times like these lol)

The ignorant are not the majority... thank God. But yes, they are aplenty! All in all, it does not matter what they think or how they feel. It does not matter what "religion" you call yourself. All that matters is believing.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 03:24 PM
    At the risk of sounding like I'm sucking up I like the type of religious person that Rickj is: he is quite devout, never tries to sway you one way or another (unless specifically asked) and is fair to all.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 03:26 PM
    For DrJizzle:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Politics (Letter to Dr. Laura)

If anyone finds any part particularly juicy feel free to comment. :D
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

May 31, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jualsy
    Catholicism cannot be Christian...it originated with pagan Rome, and the Pope states that he is Gods representative on the eart.....where does it say THAT in scripture???
    Christianity did not originate from pagan beliefs. What Christianity did to gain acceptance was to take pagan practices and say OK, you can still practice this but it now means this … instead. Christmas is the perfect example of this. It’s not to say that our Lord and Savior was born on December 25th, it’s just the day we choose to celebrate it.

The Catholics believe that Christ made Peter the first Pope. See Mathew 16:18. I'm not Catholic although I did attend a Catholic church for several years because my wife is/was Catholic. (We've since joined the Methodist church and are very happy there) I don't believe in many of their practices such as praying to saints and the necessity of having a priest hear your confessions, however I'm not going to fault someone who is faithful to those practices. If that's what draws you in spiritually then I think it's great. Take comfort in your faith!

As for Christians being hypocrites, every single Christian (myself included) is a hypocrite. We have ALL done something at one time or another that is contrary to what we believe in. That dosn't’t make us bad….just human. The great thing is our salvation was paid for and our sins washed clean by the blood of Jesus Christ.

May 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrike
    The great thing is our salvation was paid for and our sins washed clean by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Most christians use that line too losely. That can be taken like you mean your superior or that your bragging. Not saying you mean that, but it is the one thing that bugs me most. ''I've been washed with the blood of the lamb, praise the lord amen''... shoot me now . One of many reasons I am against most christians.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Rayne, you seem to be doing exactly what you hate the most.

You claim that Christians condemn you and those who do not think the way they do when you are condemning them for not thinking the way you do.

That is actually what they believe and what the Bible teaches. I don't see it as them thinking they are superior anymore than your post says that about you.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

May 31, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Most christians use that line too losely. That can be taken like you mean your superior or that your bragging. Not saying you mean that, but it is the one thing that bugs me most. ''I've been washed with the blood of the lamb, praise the lord amen''....shoot me now . One of many reasons i am agaisnt most christians.
    I think there are those out there who see that as an excuse to do what they want but I think the majority of us see it as a comfort. The closer I get to God the more I realize what a pathetic sinner I am. I'm not going to wallow in it instead I try to accept His forgiveness and try to lead a better life. (It's not easy) To take God's forgiveness and go out and do the same bad things over again is a slap in the face to Christ. God's love and patience is infinite but his grace is not a place to wipe your feet.
    rachie Posts: 38, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies... its good to discuss things like this... sorry if I opened a can of worms, I just have many questions.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:15 PM
    You shouldn't apologize, it is a great topic and since everyone thinks a little differently, it is an exciting one! Thanks for bringing it up!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 04:15 PM

We like worms! :p :p
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I didn't mean I was a non-believer in the sense that I'm not religious, I meant that the Mormons that visited me called me a non-believer because I wasn't mormon. I have my own religious views, although they don't quite fit in any particular religion with the exception of maybe the Unitarian Universalists...

Much of christian beliefs comes from paganism. While some denominations are unitarian, strict monotheists similar to judaism or islam, many denominations are trinitarian, which comes from the pagan influence.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Hey Karma, I read the Dr. Laura thing. I have to say that aside from the "letter", I like some of Dr. Lauras comments on keeping a family together, whenever possible. I think she is definitely a hypocrite. I find her offensive in some aspects and enlightening in others. I know it takes a lot to admit you agree with Dr. Laura about anything, but really she does have some good points, like giving a husband what he needs, and keeping family together. What do you think? Should we start another thread on Dr. Laura alone?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Haha Dr. Laura was tossed off my local station long ago but I do remember the feeling she gave me: One minute I'd want to drive to wherever she is and wring her neck for being such a know-it-all-annoying-loudmouthed-swollen-headed-female-dog - and the next minute wishing she'd come over to my house and give me some advice on a thing or three :p :p
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Yes, my husband would invite her over more than me though, he likes the fact that she thinks I should "give it up" every night. But I am getting off course once again. I think she talks like a pig when she degrades people for who they are even if she is giving it to them the way it really is. I think she can show more compassion than that while doing it. She is definitely not perfect. Nor am I...
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:50 PM
    She's just trying to stir up some healthy debate... get people thinking, and learn others opinions.. nothing wrong with that...

May 31, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I've never said everyone is a hypocrite. Only those I know and thus the basis of my information. I try and do set examples for people. I'm always giving as good as advice as I can. No one was pointing out flaws in others, merely saying what they think about what they see in others. No one's telling people straight up they are wrong or whatever. So I'm not sure what your getting at with your post. Doesn't make sense to me. Sorry :-) But if your trying to imply that I should care about my life and myself more so then pointing out others weaknesses... your wrong because that's not what I am doing at all.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachie
    why is it that people who claim to be "christian" usually seem to be closed-minded and judgemental (the very opposite of Christ)? i am not trying to insult anyone in particular, i am just saddened because i feel like i am losing my faith....i dont proclaim to know all about God, or have any answers, but why can't people accept the fact that we will NEVER have the answers? i have faith in a higher power/intelligent designer (God) and believe that Jesus, if he in fact existed, was surely one of the most spiritually advanced humans to ever walk the earth. i WANT to believe...but lately it is getting harder and harder--the so called "bible churches" and "non-denominational" churches seem to be the worst at proclaiming their truth as THE truth, and judging other people as unworthy.
    i was raised Catholic and after trying a bunch of different denominations, i have come back to the catholic church, as it is the one i feel the most comfortable in, and i have had a great experience with my priest. i was pregnant when he married me and my husband, and he was so kind to us both. many of my baptist friends think the catholics are evil and pagan and blablabla. i am so tired of hearing it. why can't we all just get along? im starting to think if jesus came back to earth, he wouldnt attend any church at all, he woul probably be more at home sitting in silence with a buddhist monk in nature.
    anyways....does anyone else have this problem??:rolleyes:
    It's like that all over and with all things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search