Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulsme2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
    2nd. Mortgage
    Can you get a 2nd mortgage if you have a equity loan? What is a 2nd mortgage??
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 31, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Your Home Equity Line Of Credit IS a second mortgage. You could get a new second mortgage, that would have to be large enough to pay off the existing second. If you were able to find a lender willing to loan you additional money on your home without paying off the old second, then the new loan would be a 3rd mortgage, that would carry a MUCH higher rate that a second, due to the added risk of being in third lien position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd mortgage foreclosures [ 1 Answers ]

If the 1st lien holder forecloses on a property can the 2nd lien holder seek monies?

2nd mortgage and maternity leave [ 3 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I filled out an application to borrow from the equity in my house. I wasn't approved at first, but then they did something they called a "reserve" plan, at which my interest rate was higher and then approved me. I am currently on maternity leave, but I go back on December 7th. My...

2nd Mortgage Holder did not file claim [ 2 Answers ]

Our Chapter 13 was confirmed in November 2005. We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage but our 2nd mortgage holder, Charter One, did not file a claim. So only our 1st mortgage is being paid through the plan. Does Charter One still have a lien since they did not file a claim within the 60 day period? ...

2nd mortgage on Rental Property Possible? [ 9 Answers ]

I have two rental properties- one is a single family home I have owned for 7 years, the other a building with 4 apartments. I live in the apartment building, had to agree to that for the loan to work, so I ended up renting my previous house (the one I have owned for 7 years). So basically, both...

View more questions Search