Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flylihop Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Mu puppy is terrified of drum kits! :(
    My brother plays the drums but he can't at the moment because our little puppy is terrified of them! :(
    We don't know what to do!
    Xxx
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Try introducing the pup to them let her sniff them and tap on them lightly so she know where the noise is comeing from. She is proabley just scared of the noise you have to remember that animals hearing is so much better than ours and something like drumbs can be very assaltive to her senses! Good luck!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flylihop
    My brother plays the drums but he can't at the moment because our little puppy is terrified of them! :(
    we don't know what to do!
    xxx
    The drums probably hurt her ears... take her in another part of the house with the door shut... or out on the porch in a crate... but not for to long and keep an eye on her. Good luck
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 10:48 AM
    At 9 weeks old, she should adjust to them as long as she is not so close to them the loud sound hurts here ears. I would bring her up to the drums when nobody is playing and pat them and talk to them calling them good drums. Be happy and confident. If you show stress, she will only conclude they are horrible, awful things. Don't reward her for fearing them, no 'Oh, poor little doggy woggy!''. Let her sniff them. Once she is comfortable around them, play, or have your brother give them a few gentle taps. Don't put this off. If you wait until 12 weeks, she may never accept them. Just don't overwhelm her.

At 9 weeks, I am walking my puppies around heavy traffic.
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Jun 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I would agree with Labman. It sends the wrong message to the puppy (and your brother) if he is not allowed to play the drums because the puppy doesn't like them. The dog needs to learn to live with you, not the other way around. MrPippin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Terrified to pick up my hamster [ 22 Answers ]

I have a panda bear hamster who is 2 and 1/2 months old. Whenever I get ready to pick her up I get so nervous and shaky, and I know this make it worse because hamsters sense fear and don't like being handled by nervous owners. What can I do to make myself seem less nervous? She has bitten me twice...

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

Completely terrified [ 5 Answers ]

How can I tell my parents, whom I have no bond whatsoever with, that I have been depressed for 5 years and in need of help withouth becoming physically sick, shaky, utterly terrified, dizzy, lightheaded, and scared? :(

Removal dye kits [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hair removal dying kit or something like that and it was supposed to take the purpleish black(not my natural color) out but it turned it out orange and I don't know what to do I've tried just about everything :(

View more questions Search