Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arumar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 08:36 AM
    10 Days Late
    I am 35 yrs old and I have a 4 yr old. We have been trying to have a 2nd baby a little over a year. The first day of my last period was 4/23 and I was due 5/21. During this time my breast was sore and I was very bloated. As if my period was coming on but never did. I have taken several HPT and all NEG. My breast are not sore and I am no longer feeling bloated. I have an appt on 6/5 to get a blood test done. If the blood test comes back NEG then I don't know what I am going to do because we want this so much. Could this blood test more accurate than an HPT??
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Yes a blood test is more accurate. It is possble that stressing over conception could be causing the delay. I would just wait for the doctors appointment personally. No use spending more money on HPTs. Good luck!

May 31, 2007, 08:45 AM
    If the test shows NEG, is there some type of meds that the dr can give to help?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 08:57 AM
    The test can show negative and you still be pregnant at this point. It really depends on your hormone levels. If you are indeed not pregnant, he can discuss fertility options for you. There are medicines you can take, but I think there is a round of other tests you have to try first. Good luck
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 31, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Yes the doctor can give you an exam to make sure that you are able to conceive. He may or may not give you medication to speed things up (be sure to at the very least ask him about the possibility-many doctors will not bring it up it you don't ask). Make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins every day even if you are not pregnant. Prenatal vitamins can help your chances of conceiving a child.

May 31, 2007, 09:04 AM
    I just got my period while I was searching for answers. Its light pinkish looking. Now that I have my period, is there any need to get the blood test done?
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 31, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I have been told the best time to see your doctor about fertility is at the beginning of your cycle. I would call your doctor and make an appointment.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 31, 2007, 08:50 PM
    I would say that you no longer need the blood test, but I would keep the appointment and talk to your dr about conception worries, fears and stress.

Jun 1, 2007, 08:07 AM
    I will keep my appt for next week and see what's what. Thanks for everyone's help. It's a new month and we can aalways try again
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 1, 2007, 10:18 AM
    The key is to have fun while trying... Go out on a date... have a romantic dinner... Make it non stressful and you will have more success.

Jun 3, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Hi ladies, On the 31st I stated that I had gotten my period!! Well wrong I only had pinkish brown spotting for that day. Nothing else since. What could that be??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

I'm about 7 days late. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new at this so sorry if I asked in wrong plce... I'm going to be 21 may 15th and last month I hd my normal cycle it started on the 4th and lasted 4 days like always well this month I haven't started I'm almost 7 days late and I took one home test it came out false then I went to new...

10 Days Late [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice, I'm 23 and I am trying for my second child. My last period was on 20th Jan and I have not had one since, my periods always start on or around the 2oth. I have taken 3 HPT and they have all been negative. I am getting a dull pain in my stomach (lower) and sometimes feel a...

Three days late! [ 2 Answers ]

Well I just wanted to thank all of you for your support all the times I had questions. I took a hpt today and... positive... Yes! Chery I'm going to the dr. as soon as I can get in. (I just knew you would say something) I will keep you all posted. I hope that this isn't a false positive and I...

View more questions Search