Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragnflyangell Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 17, 2005, 03:05 PM
    What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you?
    I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one with physical harm. I have never hurt anyone before I think the reason that this is happening is because I am building clients faster than she is and she feels threatened. I am working really hard. I don't know what to do I haven't done the things they have told my boss Ive done and Im scared that because there is two of them telling him the same thing. Im afraid that he is going to believe them and I know that I shouldn't care what people think but it drives me crazy when someone thinks Im lying. I have been working on and off there for 7 years and I love working there but even if I do stay and they leave that I will be blamed for making them leaving. I am 35 years old and Im just not into playing games I can't be on the phone when it rings and make sure that there not staeling my clients I don't trust that they wouldn't do that one of them has already done that but I didn't tell my boss because again Im not into playing games. What should I do?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 18, 2005, 02:40 AM
    Tell them in the face you know what's going on and that you have a problem with that. Tell them if that continues to happen you might as well harm someone. Also, tell your boss you know what they've been doing (telling lies) and see what the boss says.

May 18, 2005, 06:19 AM
    I have told my boss and he doesn't seem to care he's gay (not that I have a problem with that) he just likes the drama as much as any woman. I love that job and can handle him but I can't compete with two liers. Honestly if I was in his place I would believe what there saying. But I have been in recovey for 11 years and so I have hurt people but Im not that person anymore but its hard to shake that sterotype. I have great communication skills and I have tried to use them with one of them but she just started yelling at me then I started yelling at her and it wasn't want I wanted to happen. Thank you for responding.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 18, 2005, 02:25 PM
    Well, if boss is not concerned - you shouldn't be either.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

May 18, 2005, 07:27 PM
    Beauty among Beast
    Success... comes with scrutiny, just know that... some people are too afraid to say Job Well Done, remember Jealousy, envy translate to this, You got what I want, be it material things, talent or ability. People must learn to be content... till then... give them something more to talk about... do your job and do it well. It's an old saying but it is appropriate... If I can get your goat, I got you, but if you ignore me, then I play the fool. Allow their sharp piercing words to be wind underneath your eagle wings... for when they get done bumping their gums, you will have established your clientele, and soaring high. You do not have to stoop to their level, bring them up to yours. You will always teach people how to treat you. If their words, ruffle your feathers, come up hither, never let them see you sweat. Remember, when you blow your gasket, they know your number, but when you remain silent, hum a song do whatever you need to do to keep you calm, this puts you in control because now they are left wondering... what are you going to do. Never let foolishness steal your bread. They will grow-up in time, moreover, if you keep your composure, they will respect you because they will see you are someone of character, to be feared and revered. Silence is the best weapon. Now if it comes to blows; handle your business. But if all they got is talk, beat them with silence. Diffuse the tension. No respectable client will leave you, those that leave, truly did not appreciate your work. So remember, let your work speak for itself.

May 19, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Thank You
    You are so right. I really like that quote about getting your goat. You sound really wise. Thank you again.
    LawLover Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 08:43 AM
    Yes, if he doesn't care. You shouldn't, if it hurt you in any way, reputation wise, it would be slander though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rashes on my leg and spreading! Please help me [ 19 Answers ]

I have these rashes on my legs... there not that noticeable but they are spreding now. I got the first one about 2 months ago... and now recently they are three of them. They are about two inches and itch a lot. When I scratch them it starts burning... at first it looks like a bruise with a pink...

A lien on a workers comp case... [ 4 Answers ]

If the father of a 13 year old boy receives workers comp and doesn't pay Child Support, there is a lien against his case but how long until I receive any asst from him?

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Red marks and spreading [ 14 Answers ]

My legs are covered in red marks. Not dots, or bumps. Just ugly red marks all over my legs. It looks real ugly like if I have a disease. They started appearing a little before Easter and now they are dark and spreading. Not itchy or burning. No symptoms as a matter of fact. My husband...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

View more questions Search