Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 06:28 AM
    A new record for me - a reddie a full year later
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/needkarma.html

If you look at that last reputation received it's a post from June 11, 2006. Anyone else beat that?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Now that is darn impressive.
    Some one has way too much time on their hands me thinks.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 06:34 AM
    I kept getting distracted by NK's avatar.

What post?

/runs away
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Hehe. It's true, it is big and animated. I'm thinking of changing it.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:41 AM
    LOL Well are you confusing them or not?? I'm sorry I am laughing so hard I am crying.
    That is just terrible.

Oh and Technically, it is not quite a full year, but fortunately for you I can not give you a reddie this time next year to disagree with your contention of it being a full year in Members Discussions.

This sure has been a week of weeks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Hmmm. Fer the fun of it I was going to give you a greenie on an old one and discovered that I could not give rep in this thread:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...tml#post335556

... so seems there must be a time limit built in...
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Errrrr Rick that's because it's a closed threda ;)
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 08:42 AM
    It's closed? There's no closed indicator visible for me. Do you see one on it?
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 08:49 AM
    To me that thread just disappeared.

Edit to add: perhaps related to some letters received.;)
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 10:08 AM
    *Cough* Psssst Rick it was SD'd as rather blatant advertising ;)
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Oh I see :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 11:10 AM
    If it is a bad answer, it deserves a reddie no matter how old. Frankly, many of the reddies I see are on good answers. And entirely too many of the greenies go to bad answers. The sooner we drop the rep system the better. It is mostly a popularity contest.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 05:17 PM
    No can't beat that NK. Probably has something to do with me being a member for less than a year.

Never the less I don't think I could offend someone near as good as you can. ;) which is what most of the reddies given are really for!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 05:29 PM
    I can beat it with a GREENIE! About the... 8th one down given on May 23rd, 2007 for the thread "cant have an orgasm" was from a post I made in Jan 18th 2006!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/drjizzle.html
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    I can beat it with a GREENIE! about the.... 8th one down given on May 23rd, 2007 for the thread "cant have an orgasm" was from a post I made in Jan 18th 2006!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/drjizzle.html

Wow I guess it was an answer that just kept giving. :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
    I really like my string of reds and greens. Looks like Christmas lights on the Empire State Building. Some times I scroll up and down real fast and sing "It's Beginning to Smell a lot like Christmas."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/usercp.php
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 04:04 AM
    How about the poorest reasoning for giving a reddie?

''A gambler would take the male/female at even odds. The conventional wisdom is that female/female is most likely to result in insoluble problems and rehoming as mentioned. Spay/neutering helps getting along with other dogs along with many other problems. It is a no brainer.

If you just must have another male, as the breeder for a lower ranking member of the litter. If you get a blank look, run, don't walk away. We have a huge problem with totally clueless people breeding dogs.

Comments on this post
    Bushg disagrees: "no brainer".. could be contrived as hostile to someone that know nothing about dogs... may turn them away from looking for answers for fear of being belittled''

Anybody agree with her reasoning?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Labman, I don't think it is beneficial to anyone to air dirty laundry/personal conflicts on Needkarma's general inquiry thread.

NK, I haven't been here long enough to attain your record. Give me time. I am sure someone will pick up one of my misguided answers and slam me for it two years from now.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Ruby, I think I see what he is saying, the person took the common expression "no brainer" and found something offensive in it. There are all types out there.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I understand NK. Unfortunately, there is an ongoing feud between both parties. Since this is your thread, if you don't mind it being brought out into the open, who am I to disagree? I just hate to see divisiveness. This is one of those things that I believe will never be resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

Worked full year in CT , but live in MA [ 1 Answers ]

I know that I have to file state returns for both. My question is CT took out $1,950 in state taxes, and MA only took out $193. Do I have to pay Ma income tax even if I worked in CT for the full year? Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

View more questions Search