Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2005, 11:00 AM
    HamptonBay fan remote control interference
    I have just installed 2 Hampton bay fans/light fixture in 2 rooms with remote controls and I have run into odd problem. Each remote seems to be controlling both the light fan combo in both the rooms. Which means if I turn off one light using the remote, the light for other room also turns off and if I turn the fan on in one room, the fan in the other room turns on, Has anybody expererienced anything like this and ave a solution to this one.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2005, 12:13 PM
    The remote and...
    Quote Originally Posted by ajain
    I have just installed 2 Hampton bay fans/light fixture in 2 rooms with remote controls and I have run into odd problem. Each remote seems to be controlling both the light fan combo in both the rooms. Which means if I turn off one light using the remote, the light for other room also turns off and if I turn the fan on in one room, the fan in the other room turns on, Has anybody expererienced anything liek this and ave a solution to this one.
    ... a sister receiver in the fan housing have what is referred to as a set of DIP switches whose positions may be changed (both fan/remote pair must be set the same) to allow for fans that operate near one another to not interfere with one another. These switches set a unique key pattern to be transmitted/received to/by each fan pair thereby eliminating the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I Have A Hampton Bays Ceiling Fan - The Remote Control Does Not Work The Fan. Can I Buy A New Remote Control And Get The Light And Fan Working Again? If I Can, How Do I Go About Ordering One. Thanks For Your Reply.

Bypass Hampton Bay fan remote to wall control? [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a room addition to my house and we prewired the room for a fan wall controller. The wall controller will allow me th dim the fan lights and the recess lights all at once and the fan control to control the fan speed of course. I am in a big mess now because the fan I bought from home...

Wiring Remote Control Fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that came with a remote control. He really didn't want the remote and wanted it wired with the switches on the wall. However the only way you can reverse the fan direction is with the remote so he wants to use the switches on the wall for the fan and...

Noisy Remote Control Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Reddington II, remote control fan (no other switches) that works great when the switch cup is not attached. When the switch cup is attached, it makes quite a bit of noise. I've tried tightening screws, insulating the fan cup and moving the wires.. . Still very noisy. Without...

View more questions Search