Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamiee Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Getting Rid of Freckles
    Hey,
    I have really dark freckles that I hate! :mad: Does anyone know anything to get rid or at least fade them , with natural remedies.
    Thanks
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I do not know of any type of treatment to reduce freckles. And I don't understand why you would hate them my dear. They're charatcher!

:)
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jun 1, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Unfortunately there is no home remedy for them. You could talk to a plastic surgeon about what they could offer but I am quite sure it would be very costly. Your only option at this point, if they are on your face that is, is to use a really good foundation. I am assuming you are a girl? If not then definetely don't do the make up thing... LOL
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Yes, foundation does help a lot.

Jun 1, 2007, 11:29 AM
    They have some really good stuff out there that is not heavy and covers flawlessly. You may pay a little more but it would help you cover them. I would suggest going to your local mall and hitting the cosmetic counter and asking for some help. Usually they will let you test the product before you buy it and will show you how to achieve the look your trying to.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
    I used to hate my freckles too. But, my dad always called them angel kisses... and now that he died, I figure that they are his kisses. Cover them up with foundation (that is what I did), but as you get older you will learn to celebrate them, because they make you different.
    sliptthrucrack Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I remember when I was younger I was told that if you rub a lemon (do not go near your eyes!) on your face twice a day, morning and night, for about 4 months you may see some lightness to them. I am sure they will not disappear totally. The idea is not to do it once and forget it ; ( I normally get a tendency to not want to keep doing this at a day to day thing either. Good luck! I have to say this though, freckles are sooo cute! Why would you want to get rid of them?

Jun 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Beautiful Answer Tuscany!!

Jun 3, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sliptthrucrack
    I remember when I was younger I was told that if you rub a lemon (do not go near your eyes!) on your face twice a day, morning and night, for about 4 months you may see some lightness to them. I am sure they will not dissappear totally. The idea is not to do it once and forget it ; ( I normally get a tendency to not want to keep doing this at a day to day thing either. Good luck! I have to say this though, freckles are sooo cute! Why would you want to get rid of them?

Thanks I will try it!:)
    JayJay16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiee
    Hey,
    I have really dark freckles that i hate! :mad: Does anyone know anything to get rid or at least fade them , with natural remedies.
    Thanks
    I hate my freckles too!
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Jun 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Jaimee, don't put lemon juice on your face!! It's not going to help, and the citrus is too harsh on your skin! It will also dry it out terribly! I have freckles too, and I hated them. They make you unique, really, they do. You don't see it now, but someday you will!
    sliptthrucrack Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Hey kanicky ; ) Good luck and hope that you keep up with it. I remember doing it for almost 2 months, when I saw it starting to clear up I stopped... I should have kept at it! I then, did not have as many freckles as before but when I got married and started to have children they came back ; ( I don't have the time to do all this and of course I got used to them now. They actually look nice on my cheeks I have been told ; )

Jun 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by llope6425
    I agree! dont use lemon juice on your face. Lemon actually causes more dark spots on your skin even more so if you are in any sun light. I have freckles on my face not that many but people often think they look cute, learn to appreciate them as someone else said they do are character

K I won't because I just started and my face always stings when I put it on , but can you suggest anything more than doesn't dry your skin?

Jun 7, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by llope6425
    I've heard about very good results with Neostrata Skin lightening AHA gel. They have really great products maybe you should give it a try. Here's a link
    Amazon.com: NeoStrata Skin Lightening Gel - AHA 10 1.4 oz: Beauty

Hope it helps!

Thanks so much , I will give it a go :) :) :)
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 9, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Comment on shoegal's post
    She doesn't want to feel good about them she wants to get rid of them
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jun 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiee
    Hey,
    I have really dark freckles that i hate! :mad: Does anyone know anything to get rid or at least fade them , with natural remedies.
    Thanks

I have them too but as I've gotten older I've just learned to except them. The only thing I know to tell you is to avoid the sun as it makes them multiply. I found that I don't freckle as much using the tanning bed as I do in the sun.
    Hillman Hydro Jetting Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
    The best advice I would have for you is to make sure you are wearing a sunscreen on a daily basis no matter what. You could pay all the money in the world to get rid of them and the moment you walk out in the sun with no sunscreen, they will come back. I, myself have freckles all over my face and body and can relate to the endless days with trying to hide them behind loads of make up. I would suggest a couple of different active ingridients that could help.. Glycolic Acid, Mulberry, licorice, Vitamin C, Lactic Acid, Kojic Acid. I would use either one of these in your daily skincare regimin along with a good sunscreen :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning without freckles? [ 19 Answers ]

I have pale skin and a lot of freckles! In the summer, my freckles really come out and cover my WHOLE face. I am going to be in a wedding soon wearing a strapless dress. All the other bridesmaids are so tan, so I'm going to start tanning soon so I have lots of color for the June wedding. ...

What to do about my freckles? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a white female and I've had freckles all my life. I'm now 26 and I'm trying to desperately to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Really dark freckles [ 3 Answers ]

I get these really dark, almost black freckles when I get a little bit of a tan. My skin is naturally very pale, but I've gotten more color so far this summer. Can anyone tell me how to make these spots on my shoulders and chest go away?

I am covered in freckles is there anything I can do to dull them down? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm covered in freckles from head to toe Is there anything that will dull them down or get rid of them? :confused:

Freckles? [ 2 Answers ]

I have always wanted my skin to clear up and to lose my freckles... they seem to be disappearing but very slowly... will they completely disappear and how long will it take if they can disappear... :D

View more questions Search