Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalayvalley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Jogging for weight loss?
    Hello!
    I am a new one here. I would die to lose 40 pounds in 40 days and can do anything for that. I want to know exactly what things can make me do it.
    I also desire to have broad shoulders and deltoids but don't want to build huge muscles at the same time. I am 5 feet 6.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 10:24 PM
    OK, first fix what your consuming, make a journal for a couple of days and see what and how much your eating. Next take out what you shouldn't eat. Fast foods, fried foods, fatty foods, high sugar or high salt foods. Choose whole wheat grains like pasta, rice, breads, cereals, lots of veggies, lots of fruits, water instead of presweetened drinks or sodas, Dairy like low fat 1-2% milk or skim, low fat or partially skim cheese, low fat/sugar yogurt. Choose lean meats, like skinless chicken, or turkey breast, fish, loin type meats cut out processed foods, cooked broiled or baked in olive oil or canola. Check you portion, choose smaller portion, 3 ounces is a serving of meat! check nutritional label for the correct serving for One, and stick by it, and exercise a total body wrokout 30-60 min, 4-5 times a week
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Hi Shalay ,
    Your time frame is ambitious and will be tough to meet this goal but you can come very close ! Start with drinking 5-6 liters of water every 24 hours . This is not hard to do and keep this habit the rest of your life .
    Over 40 days just do pushups , use dumbells and walk on all fours . The body sculpting takes longer . Many setups reduce the waistline and this gives the appearance of a bigger chest .
    Jogging is great . Suggest running in the heat of the day . When you get winded then walk some . At the end of the workout run some short sprints , stairs , bleachers , up and backs , etc . A few minutes of handball or basketball are good later in the month .
    If you are really out of shape you can workout 2 times a day this weekend . Use the sauna suit later in the month . Your body will need several days of rest over the 40 days . Push yourself and warm down as best you can .
    Good luck... Russell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss help [ 5 Answers ]

I want to lose weight and become a medium instead of a XL! but i don't want to go on diet pills can any 1 help? :o

Weight loss [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask about some information for "Himalayan diet breakthough".I am thinking to try it,but bifore that,I want to know is it work or no.May be I could finde some one who used bifore and to give me some idea there is use of it or no.I am looking for some medicine to help me to lose weight.I am...

How do I loss more of my weight? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I'm like 218 pounds and I like this guy but he doesn't see me they way I want he only goes for my friends that are really skiny and I want to know how to loos my leg, belly, back, and arm fat Will someone hepl me...

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

Weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?

View more questions Search