Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
    opposite angles in a triangle
    a right angle triangle has one angle of 30degrees and the side opposite this angle has a length of 1 metre. Calculate the length of the hypotenuse and the value of the remaining angle
    kinks Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
    I take it this is maths homework - well you will want to use the cosine or sine rule, can't think which without a diagram in front of me.

Homework is to do yourself at home - that's the point :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 31, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Law of sines will work, but this problem is just getting at a basic understanding of what a sine is. Remember, the definition of the sine is length of opposite side over length of adjacent (you need to memorize that!) So for this problem sin(30) = 1/hypotenuse.

For the remaining angle: remember that the sum of angles in a triangle always add up to 180 degrees. You already know values for 2 of the 3 angles; use simple subtraction to find the 3rd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Angles of elevation [ 1 Answers ]

Heyy Amy sees a radio tower at a bearing of 293 degrees and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 10 degrees. John is 350 metres from amy and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 6 degrees. The bearing from john to amy is 252 degrees. Find the height of...

Triginometry angles [ 1 Answers ]

what is the eastiest way to solve this problem. I need to be able to understand and remember it for another day? Solve <B=30 DEGREES, <C=45 DEGREES, b=9 :confused:

Angles [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the angles x and y here? http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2773/matenurk001vz2.jpg

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

Ash is opposite of red right.. [ 1 Answers ]

My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and...

View more questions Search