Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAN69MD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2003, 05:51 PM
    Slow Network Connection
    I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out for a new win2000 server. There were no problems when My PC was connected to the old server. On my side, the client side, only the subnet mask was changed and, then my workstation was joined to the new domain. After that, my connection has been extremely slow. I have performed multiple test. They include: using another cat5 cable that I know works, trying my logon with another computer, checking hardware, which was ruled out after talking with tech support pulling out all 3com cards except for one, reinstalling TCP/IP, re-installed com drivers and re-joining the domain. There was one incident that worked temporarly. This is when I used a system utility configuration program to disable all startup drivers and .ini files. After I rebooted again using the system utility, the connection was fine until I rebooted again with all drivers and .ini file on. To me it seems that there is a configuration problem with the operating system, but I just can't find the problem. If anyone has some solutions or test to perform please advise.

Thank You,
    LAN69MD
    Tushars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LAN69MD
    I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out for a new win2000 server. There were no problems when My pc was connected to the old server. On my side, the client side, only the subnet mask was changed and, then my workstation was joined to the new domain. After that, my connection has been extremely slow. I have performed multiple test. They include: using another cat5 cable that I know works, trying my logon with another computer, checking hardware, which was ruled out after talking with tech support pulling out all 3com cards except for one, reinstalling TCP/IP, re-installed com drivers and re-joining the domain. There was one incident that worked temporarly. This is when I used a system utility configuration program to disable all startup drivers and .ini files. After I rebooted again using the system utility, the connection was fine until I rebooted again with all drivers and .ini file on. To me it seems that there is a configuration problem with the operating system, but I just can't find the problem. If anyone has some solutions or test to perform please advise.

Thank You,
    LAN69MD
    What time your network getting slow. At the time of login or overall network performance?
    If it is at the time of login then definitely the reason is GPO's or system policies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

New LAN connection [ 3 Answers ]

How would i be able to create a lan between my desktop and laptop, Please anybody help me Too urgent.

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Slow network [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madam I have a network with win nt4 server and 30 win 2000 clientes ,my problem is :sometimes my network becomes very slow even the clients work localy I mean (they work on their own PC with graphic applicationes such as corel draw and photo shope and their hard disk) and do not...

View more questions Search