Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fortifier Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 04:06 PM
    PC freeze up- no "Safe Mode"
    Hi there... I just recently installed a newer PC ( various Parts).. Asus mobo M2N-E / 2 gb ram/5200+ Amd Athlon x2 CPU/Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition Video Card/
    ... its been running well up to a week ago putting in a few prgrms ( most recent was Photoshop CS3 Extended. Now my PC is freezing up upon start up... I cannot even get far enough to do a scan with NAV or Spysweeper... I can't even get into "safe mode". Upon startup I click F8 and I get a screen that says "Boot menu".. but once in there I cannot do anything.. move up or down/ enter/ accept/ or exit... thereby forcing me to constantly do a cold shut down... any help in getting into safe mode?. or what might be wrong?. thanx Stan :)
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 01:24 AM
    If your PC in not completing the boot up process then it might be a hardware problem, which can be a fault on your motherboard...
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
    You should go over all the connections inside the PC.

For example, the CPU cooler, may have seemed to be installed correctly, but it wasn't and is coming loose.

I assume you are running dual channel memory, so try booting with one stick of ram. If it doesn't work, swap with the other stick. Try each slot too.

Reseat all plug-in cards.

Reset the BIOS.

Enter BIOS and use the default stable settings. (i.e. no overclock, no increase voltage, etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are our children "really" safe, heck, is anyone? [ 16 Answers ]

All these school and collage shootings (among other places), all the irresponsible sale of weapons and firearms. Plus, the lack of metal detectors and law enforcement within these places... Child abductions, I cannot let my children play outside for one second alone in the front yard because...

Thermostat Not Working in "AUTO" mode [ 3 Answers ]

Thermostat Not Working in "AUTO" mode. Everything works fine in "ON" position. Have replaced the main power switch and the Thermostat... but its still not working. It is a gas heater/ What do I need to check next?? Thanks for any assistance. BoneDaddy2004

Programmable Thermostat Not Working in "AUTO" mode [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me here. I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat that was installed by a professional about a year ago. About 3 days ago, the thermostat stopped maintaining a temperature and began dropping. The thermostat is showing HEAT on the display, however, no heat...

Sound Clips "Freeze" Computer [ 13 Answers ]

Often when I play a sound clip off the web, the computer completely freezes up. I can't be restarted or even shut down properly. I have to manually turn off the power and then it takes extra time to "scan" when I turn it back on again. This happens at different sites (like Amazon and Tower),...

View more questions Search