Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martuff70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2003, 07:14 AM
    Keyboard error
    I'm having a very bizarre problem with my system. Whenever I power-up my PC, I get a keyboard error. I then need to unplug and replug the keyboard, hit F1 and then reboot cause the keyboard doesn't work. After all that, it works fine. I brought my machine to the store where I bought it and also brought my keyboard. When I hooked it up over there, it was working perfectly. >:( I shut down my machine and powered it back up 3 times with no problems. When I got home, the first time I powered the PC, everything was fine. Then I tried to do a shut down and power it up again. Well, it was back! Keyboard error. Please help.
    Dr._Ephemeron Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2003, 03:21 AM
    keyboard error
    Try another keyboard...
    martuff70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2003, 05:53 AM
    keyboard error
    I already did. Did not work.
    Dr._Ephemeron Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2003, 06:18 AM
    keyboard error
    Check the electrical outlet for low voltage or a bad ground.

Check an make sure there are no wires or anything being pinched up against solder on the motherboard causing intermittent problems.

You might check the manufacturer of the computer or the motherboard's website and see if they have any bios updates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard in a muddle [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya, don't really know a lot about computers but my keyboard, when pressing the @ key comes up with specch marks and vice vesa. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Keyboard conflict [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a little harware problem with my computer. Everything was fine last week, and then my internet got blocked for a few days. After it was working again, I couldn't get my mouse and keyboard working toegther. Both are fine. I know the keyboard is OK because: -If I restart my...

No keyboard at welcome screen xp pro [ 11 Answers ]

I installed spy sweeper on an xp pro machine to remove some adware. After the removal was complete it asked to reboot my system. After the reboot I clicked on the user to login and when I hit any key (to enter password) but the keyboard not responding I tried safe mode reboot but same thing. It...

Code 19 Error - Keyboard Freeze Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I recently removed several unused programs from my computer. Somehow it seems this process corrupted my registry. Touching any key on my keyboard now freezes the mouse pointer. Oddly enough the mouse and computer work fine until I touch a key on the keyboard. Processes already run continue to...

View more questions Search