Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Yes, we must all vote to oust the incompetents.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

Jun 1, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I am just jumping into this conversation and I did not read any previous post, so my comment is only toward the original post (song lyrics).

I enjoy Pink's music and I would probably like this song if I heard it, but I think that the lyrics to this song are based on a very ignorant idea that one person controls and changes the world!

I am sure that in George Washington's day he could make a big impression on the USA, because there was a smaller population and MOST people had similar views. Today, in George Bush's day, there are millions of people in the USA alone and everyone has their own ideas and views. That doesn't include other countries and there population or views.

We all are individuals and SHOULD be responsible for our own actions, NOT BLAME SOMEONE ELSE! Like the President.

If we are hungry... whose fault is that? President Bush's? NO!! His job description doesn't include feeding us all. Yes, he should care and I am sure he does, but it isn't his responsibility to feed me or you!

If you are homeless... whose fault is that? Bush's too, right? NO!!

The reason President Bush is President is because he did WORK HARD to get where he is. Yes, his Daddy paved a nice road for him, but he didn't study for him through college or rig the election to get him elected. So, believe it or not, BUSH KNOWS HARD WORK! No, he didn't have to dig ditches or work at McD's, because he went to college and busted his tale there!

I am sure that Bush does live in a bubble that prevents him from seeing things from our own point of view, but he is still human and he all makes mistakes!
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteladybug2002
    We all are individuals and SHOULD be responsible for our own actions, NOT BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!! Like the President.
    Ok, I'll bite. What responsibility could the individual person take to prevent illegal wiretapping, or protect their habeas corpus rights which have been demolished, or prevent the hemorraging of money (and hence bloat up the debt) for the war and the $590 million Iraq embassy? At what point doe the individual get to take responsibility and stop those things?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 1, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Need karma:

By taking part in the process,

Vote, even if you think it does not matter,
    Run for office - change things from within

We can look at things half empty and give up and scream from the outside looking in
    Or
    We can look at things half full and be part of the process and change

Grace and Peace
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 11:50 AM
    I agree that voting is key but it could not have prevented the abuses mentioned. Even Repubs are sickened.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I'm glad the song touched you... but it's more than a little naïve for me. I believe Pink and Bright Eye's efforts would be better served by directing their hatred toward those that really are evil.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jun 6, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Did they say they hated anyone? No. Now your putting words where they don't belong.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Yeah, I watched the video... its okay, I suppose. Nothing against Pink, she has a few good songs out there but this definitely doesn't stand out as one of the best "eye-opening" songs about the government, president, or the problems in the world today. There are much bigger, more pertinent, issues that this song could have spoken against.

Bush didn't create the homeless problem... this isn't the only war this country has lost loved ones to... Bush isn't the only one to f*** with our rights or fight against homosexuality. Hes actually done quite a bit worse lol but the song doesn't even touch on these points. This song could refer to just about any president
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Did they say they hated anyone? No. Now your putting words where they don't belong.
    Um, no. Allow me to rephrase. Pink merely wishes to lecture, criticize, chastise and heap guilt on the president - I'm sure from her morally superior platform. On the other hand, Bright Eyes' song is just disgusting vitriol.

Here's my question, isn't there a better way to communicate one's concerns than When he kneels next to the presidential bed/Does he ever smell his own bullsh**/When the president talks to God?

Seriously, can the critics speak intelligently, without the hateful dialogue, or perhaps even bear in mind what the Jihadists are trying to do - or is it mandatory to be in denial of the true evil we face?
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    ... I'm sure from her morally superior platform. ...
    Dude, most of us have a morally superior platform compared to Bush.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    yeah, i watched the video... its okay, i suppose. Nothing against Pink, she has a few good songs out there but this definitely doesnt stand out as one of the best "eye-opening" songs about the government, president, or the problems in the world today.
    I agree. See Rage Against Machine for eye poppers. :)
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Exactly, Skell! Zack de la Rocha has the experience to speak from!

Gee Pink... did YOU ever work minimum wage with a baby on the way? Rebuild YOUR house after the bombs took them away? Build a bed out of a cardboard box? I don't think so... Let ME tell YOU about hard work!
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Dude, most of us have a morally superior platform compared to Bush.
    Care to elaborate?

Jun 7, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Exactly, Skell! Zack de la Rocha has the experience to speak from!

Gee Pink... did YOU ever work minimum wage with a baby on the way? Rebuild YOUR house after the bombs took them away? Build a bed out of a cardboard box? I dont think so.... Let ME tell YOU about hard work!

How about you do all those things, then when your done you have the right to biotch. She's merely singing about what people go through. She's been through enough, seen enough to be able to sing about issues. Hell I think she even does charity as well as many other artist and actors. YOU don't know hard work either... unless you are outside breaking your back everyday. In the heat, sun and sweat. Like MY dad. If you sit at a desk inside, that's (in my opinion) not hard work. A lot of people don't know true hard work in this sense... big whoop. Doesn't make you bad. She's informed and wants to let them know she knows and cares. *Pulls hair*

Jun 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Um, no. Allow me to rephrase. Pink merely wishes to lecture, criticize, chastise and heap guilt on the president - I'm sure from her morally superior platform. On the other hand, Bright Eyes' song is just disgusting vitriol.

Here's my question, isn't there a better way to communicate one's concerns than When he kneels next to the presidential bed/Does he ever smell his own bullsh**/When the president talks to God?

Seriously, can the critics speak intelligently, without the hateful dialogue, or perhaps even bear in mind what the Jihadists are trying to do - or is it mandatory to be in denial of the true evil we face?

Her words are not hateful. Read them AGAIN. Her words are very intelligent, you don't care for her and clearly you are a Bush fan. So this thread isn't for you. Of course you people who like Bush woln't agree with Pink or anyone else like her. Get over it and read a different thread. This ones for people who aren't one-sided and who would love to see the prez impeached or whatever. In general those who don't care for the idiot, crack headed prez.That's what he is, his speeches are sooo retarded he's on something. "Uhh yea yea were gunna get that there done...huhh uhhh whats that a wittle birdy..."
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 7, 2007, 08:31 AM
    You keep saying she's 'been through' stuff! Like what?

And so she should give to charity, she's a cebrity and she's worth millions! I give to charity and I earn next to nothing! That's no way to base an argument!

And to say that desk-work isn't tough is borderline ridiculous, and will no doubt upset a hell of a lot of people!

YOU asked people what they thought of the song 'Good or Bad' and now you're rebuking them for their opinions! Lol!

Jun 7, 2007, 08:32 AM
    And I don't like G.W either!

Jun 7, 2007, 08:36 AM
    I said work as in outside work... heat, sun sweat... to me and my father is hard work. Pushing buttons isn't. Working in a home with crazy people or ill elderly's is hard as well. I wasn't going to name every damn job... lol. But for the most part personally I feel working outside or with people is the hardest. No one is ''rebuking anyone'' I'm telling how it is in my eyes. What's wrong with a debate? If I don't agree I say something. Oh well, sorry.

Jun 7, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    im thinking she was abused as a kid, plus do u know how much crap some artists and actors go through? They get no childhood, they get no rest and no respect and no alone time.
    I've never heard any claims from her, or anyone else in proximity to her that she was abused. I know she came from a broken home, but that's not uncommon.

Being a celebrity is all about being in the public eye, people love you, people hate you, accept it or ship out, it's as simple as that!

I didn't ask you to list EVERY job, I just said that you saying us desk-jockeys don't have a hard job is mis-informed. Fair enough, I don't break a sweat doing this, but my job is difficult in it's own way. If I wanted to work in a field, or with 'crazy' people, I would have! I still wouldn't think this meant I could berate everyone else for their 'easy' jobs!
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Well Meg, you lost me too. Sorry I don't work in a field or in a home with crazy people, that's not where my strengths lie. Good luck with your alienation of people. Buh-bye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dear Paris Hilton [ 81 Answers ]

Dear Paris, As a retired prison guard, I feel it is my obligation to warn you not to take candy from any stocky, short haired female inmates that have the name "DADDY" tatooed across the back or their neck. Yours truly, Magprob

Dear Abby [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Abby, I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... the phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently...

Dear Santa [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry guys I just had to: deer santa: I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer. Yer Frend, BiLLy Dear Billy, Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care.. How about I send you a frigging book so you can learn to read and write? I'm...

Dear Pentium experts [ 1 Answers ]

Based on Pentium IV a. List the cache architecture utilized by the processor. b. Is the Cache a Harvardarchitecture? c. What is the size of the caches? d.What is the cache mapping scheme utilized? e. What is the size a block/set of the cache? Thank you

Dear Diet Friend.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I Want To Start A Diet.. The Thing Is That I Want Some Companey To Start With.. well.. Here Is The Deal.. 1- We Consult A Dietition . 2- We Keep Each Other On Track.. By Email. 3- It Will Take A Long Time... So We Need Support. If You Are Ready.. Post A Replay With Your Email Or...

View more questions Search