Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
    34 Minute Freeze
    I've been searching all over the web for a solution to this.

I'm installing Windows XP Pro on a computer that is currently running Vista. I know Vista is better, but I need XP Pro to log into the server. The installation gets to the 34 minute countdown and freezes up.

I've tried unplugging everything but the keyboard and monitor. I've tried deleting usbport.inf, which was showing as an error in setupapi.log, does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
    OK what exactly have you tried?

In cases like this I would make sure that you use the most basic of perif's i.e. keyboard/mouse, so time to dig out the old ps2 ones.
    Also make sure you follow the FULL format route to ensure everything has been wiped.
    Have you tried different install media ?
    Can't think of anythig else, please let us know what you have tried.
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I think I figured out the problem. From what I've been reading, HP systems designed to run on Windows Vista (Which this system is) has hardware that XP can't assign drivers to (Thus why it keeps locking up in at the driver installation point.

I've got a consultant coming by who is going to piece together drivers from older HP machines. Thanks for the advice, though. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last minute [ 3 Answers ]

How can I avoid doing my projects or homeworks last minute?

Last minute ice cream shoppers... [ 6 Answers ]

I have heard it said from friends who work in ice cream busisness, and I now that I too work with one, WHat in the world is with you last minute ice cream shoppers? We close at 9pm and we will get a rush of like 15 people at between 8 54 and 8 57 pm. Which means although we are supposed to get...

Looking for last minute advice on stack replacement [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I have replaced one cast iron stack a few years back. It is a memory I don't not look fondly on. However I actually had to cut that stack as it went deep in the ground to the septic and I didn't want to replace the whole septic line. In the house I am in now, it would seem I have an...

Minute blood in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I took a medical exam for my job today, part of the procedure is to do a urinalysis.. . Checking for sugar. When the doctor came into the exam room he told me that blood was detected in the urine. This is not visible to the human eye. He said I might wish to check it out with my GP sometime. He...

Quik 1 minute test please [ 5 Answers ]

Fixed Major outage

View more questions Search