Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JunNYcorp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 07:12 AM
    NJ Resident working in Phili for NY corp income tax witholdings
    I have an employee who lives in NJ, works 98% of the time in NY and is doing a temporary job in Philadelphia. Our company is located in NY. He is having Phili local tax withheld. Does he need PA state taxes withheld or is he considered a non-resident. He has been having NY state taxes withheld because they are greater than NJ and the taxes have been following the work. Any advice? Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 30, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Yes, he needs to have PA state taxes withheld. There will be no offsetting credits on the PA tax liability, so withholding is needed to keep him from getting a nasty surprise next year come tax time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income tax: Non resident dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I have the question about the $ 3300 deduction for the dependent. I got married in December 2006. My wife came to US in 2007. I am using turbo tax to file my income tax returns. It guided me through a set of questions like 1) Was your status...

Non-resident alien - income tax during CPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a non-resident alien (F visa) and I had several CPTs with the same organization during 2006. I got a work authorization for CPT from my school, and worked as an independent contractor (as my CPT). However, my employer did not withhold ANY taxes (not even income) when I worked. They didn't...

Total Income Tax for a resident alien living in CT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a job offer from a US based company to work from Wilton, CT. My annual emoluments would sum up to US $96000. I have no clue about the income tax regulations prevaliing in US. I am expected to report in my office in a week's time. Can somebody enlighten me in this regard. I...

Tax question: NY resident; working in CT [ 1 Answers ]

On 1/22 I am starting a job in CT but am a NY resident. Do I need to give the employer both the CT and NY tax withholding forms or do I work it out at the end when I file my taxes? Am I going to be taxed in both places? I see that NY/NJ have reciprocal agreements but I don't see anything...

Tax for NJ resident working in NY [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a resident of NJ since oct, 2005 and I work at NY since then. This is the first time I am filing my tax returns in the US. Now that I'm married and my spouse doesn't work anywhere, I learnt that I have to file the return jointly and for the same I applied for ITIN and filed by federal...

View more questions Search