Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meggie_twin Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Call with my ex-boyfriend
    Me and my ex broke up because we were long distance, at least that what he saids. I believe him and we cared for one another a lot. Its been since late October that we have been broken up. It was a bad breakup because his new girl he dating now told me all about him and her and I couldn't handle it. It was awful. I am trying to be friends with him. I want to be friends with him even though I am so hurt by him and her.

Anyway.. we talked this past Monday and it went good. It was so nice to hear from him and he said that he was glad he called. However, That morning I had text him a message to his Yahoo account telling him that I missed him a lot and was really sad. (he did not get this email until the next day after we had talked).

He replied to my email. You can't email me anymore and say you miss me and are sad. It makes me think twice about calling you. I want to be your friend but you need to let me.

I told him I wish I never emailed him that and I was wrong to do so.

I guess I wished he could just ignore the email then making me feel bad about telling him how I feel. He used to tell me when I get calls from his GF now to just ignore them but I can't tell you how hard it has been.

I ended up calling him and leaving a message saying I am sorry.

He called me back and I was so heartbroken I let his call go to VM. He told me he was not mad at me but I need to relax and not say thing like that anymore. He asked me to please just relax.

I don't really have a question. I guess I just need some advice and opinions.
    laceylush Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meggie_twin
    me and my ex broke up because we were long distance, at least that what he saids. I believe him and we cared for one another alot. its been since late october that we have been broken up. It was a bad breakup because his new girl he dating now told me all about him and her and I couldn't handle it. it was awful. I am trying to be friends with him. I want to be friends with him even though I am so hurt by him and her.

anyways.. we talked this past monday and it went good. It was so nice to hear from him and he said that he was glad he called. However, That morning I had text him a message to his yahoo account telling him that i missed him alot and was really sad. (he did not get this email until the next day after we had talked).

he replied to my email. you can't email me anymore and say you miss me and are sad. it makes me think twice about calling you. I want to be your friend but you need to let me.

I guess I wished he could just ignore the email then making me feel bad about telling him how I feel. He used to tell me when I get calls from his GF now to just ignore them but I can't tell you how hard it has been.

He called me back and I was so heartbroken I let his call go to VM. He told me he was not mad at me but I need to relax and not say thing like that anymore. He asked me to please just relax.

I think that your other half has moved on, has a new girl, then you should move on to. Yes it is going to be hard, but trust me, it will get easier xx
    jameiewilson123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meggie_twin
    me and my ex broke up because we were long distance, at least that what he saids. I believe him and we cared for one another alot. its been since late october that we have been broken up. It was a bad breakup because his new girl he dating now told me all about him and her and I couldn't handle it. it was awful. I am trying to be friends with him. I want to be friends with him even though I am so hurt by him and her.

anyways.. we talked this past monday and it went good. It was so nice to hear from him and he said that he was glad he called. However, That morning I had text him a message to his yahoo account telling him that i missed him alot and was really sad. (he did not get this email until the next day after we had talked).

he replied to my email. you can't email me anymore and say you miss me and are sad. it makes me think twice about calling you. I want to be your friend but you need to let me.

To really let the truth be told, you are not ready to be his friend. Sounds like you still have deep feelings for this man, and instead of losing him all of the way you are willing to fool yourself into thinking you 2 can be friends. Let me tell ya it won't work. Not to say it has'nt for others, everyone is different. By you emailing him I don't see the harm in that, but to just jump out there and say you miss him thats taking things a little to far dont you think. You have to understand that he has a new girlfriend and that may not sit right with him or her knowing that the ex is saying she misses him. It may not seem like a big deal to you because he's your friend as you want to call it but lets be for real it's so clear that you will take him back in a heart beat . Because you still have feelings for him. Try to understand where he is coming from, he is currently in a new relationship. Ask yourself how would you feel if he was telling you he missed you and you currently have a new boyfriend that's not going for all of that with your ex and he knows that he still has feelings for you. come on now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She says we're exclusive, but doesn't want to call me her boyfriend. [ 13 Answers ]

I've been dating this girl for 2 months now and things are going great. I really like her, and she's the sweetest girl I've met in the past year or so. After my break-up with my girlfriend of 5 years, the year of dating which followed was filled with hook ups and unsuccessful week long...

Do I call him? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 42 yrs old and never married. I just got out of a bad relationship a few months now and recently went on two dates so far. Great dates. But I have no idea what the rules are? Do I call him? Do I wait for his call? I feel so stupid about being clueless but I don't wan't to mess this one...

When to call it off. [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating now for about six months, and, for the past five months our intimacy has been decreasing... now its practically nil. I'm not out of shape, and he tells me how attractive he finds me and takes me out with his friends, even going so far as to encourage me to dress...

Should I call him? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently met this guy in a bar and he asked me out. We went on a date, had a really great time, ended the night with a lovely kiss. We agreed that we both enjoyed ourselves and would see each other again. A few days later he went on holiday for a week. He came back on Monday and I haven't...

View more questions Search