Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAMUNDSON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Roof Damage or improper install?
    I have a 6yr old roof. It has been through two hail storms. I inspected the roof and noticed the shingles were not flat on the roof. It looked kind of like waves. Could this be caused by hail or wind damage or it this something that was caused by improper installation? I am having the insurance adjuster come and check it out, but I do not want any surprises.
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAMUNDSON
    I have a 6yr old roof. It has been through two hail storms. I inspected the roof and noticed the shingles were not flat on the roof. It looked kind of like waves. Could this be caused by hail or wind damage or it this something that was caused by improper installation? I am having the insurance adjuster come and check it out, but i do not want any surprises.
    Wind can cause shingles to raise up. They should be re-nailed with a little roofing tar applied to help them seal.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Could also be caused by improper/ inadequate ventilation of the attic area of your house, which was caused by excessive heat buildup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Compressors improper wiring results [ 1 Answers ]

If a set of AC compressors were wired incorrectly, is it possible the units could run for several months and then fail completely.

Is this Roof Damage Covered? [ 3 Answers ]

Some background: Last summer my Mom's house (in another city) was damaged in a wide spread hail storm area. She noticed dent damage On an aluminum awning and I asked her to call the insurance people to come out and look. They sent out an adjuster Who inspected and told her the...

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

Roof damage [ 1 Answers ]

30 days ago we purchases a house, and made our 1st payment this month. Needless to say our rood is pretty much caving in... is there anything we can do? Can we go after the seller? Do anything with our insurance?

View more questions Search