Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    signal2007 Posts: 83, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 02:07 AM
    Hidden folder in flash memory
    My flash memory was infected by unknown virus so that some folders of it was hidden.I scan it with several antivirus!but they aren't effective.how can I update my antivirus?and what is the best antivirus?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Kaspersky or Nod32 are the best AntiVirus programs. Kaspersky is more for professional use but Nod 32 will probably run quite well on less powerful PC's .

AVG is the best free antivirus that I know of.
    Make sure you do an anti-spyware scan too - spyware and malware will not always show up on a virus scan. I use spybot search&destroy or Adaware.

May 31, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darkclaw
    Kaspersky or Nod32 are the best AntiVirus programs. Kaspersky is more for professional use but Nod 32 will probably run quite well on less powerful PC's .

AVG is the best free antivirus that I know of.
    Make sure you do an anti-spyware scan too - spyware and malware will not always show up on a virus scan. I use spybot search&destroy or Adaware.
    I tested and scanned with those antiviruses that you mentioned ,but they were useless and no virus found but my cool disk was infected yet,what is solution?(I updated they too!! :( )
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 04:52 AM
    FORMAT it completely.

May 31, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    FORMAT it completely.
    Dear ben:This is an easy way for missing all of important files that I need they. Format doesn't effective because all of my systems have that virus!? ؟؟؟؟
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Well how do you know you have this "virus" if you have properly scanned your system?
    Did you scan in Safe Mode ?

May 31, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Well how do you know you have this "virus" if you have properly scanned your system ??
    Did you scan in Safe Mode ?
    Sign:hidden folders! These folders even didn't find with search,but when I write (for example in drive E) E:\foldername (foldername is hidden) this appear!! Now what I have to do?
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
    *Head Desk*

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View Tab > Hidden Files and Folders.

There you go, but you STILL haven't answered my question?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
    I suspect that there is no virus. When you say "flash memory" what do you mean exactly?

Jun 1, 2007, 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darkclaw
    I suspect that there is no virus. When you say "flash memory" what do you mean exactly?
    Ok, at first my flash memory (=cool disk ,like a bigger floppy : 1 G:o ) has many folders, when I connect to a computer, suddenly some folder was hidden. And
    I astonished , because :
    when I search my folders in cool disk, there wasn’t any folder ,but when I write
    I:\ Foldername ,it is appeared!! (I:\= name of drive flash memory in my system)
    I was anxious , then I understood that my flash was infected by one unknown virus or worm …
    Dear ben: I tried your solution but it was useless. In folder option and marking show hidden folder my folder doesn't find.
    Believe me . I found a virus in my flash , my systems that Kaspersky and several updated antivirus doesn't detect it,:eek: Do you like that I send some files to your email so that have this virus (to sure that I tell truth?! :o )
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2007, 01:33 AM
    *Unsubscribes from thread*

Jun 1, 2007, 01:44 AM
    *Unsubscribes from thread*
    DO YOU LIKE INCRASEING YOUR POSTS WITHOUT..?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 03:23 AM
    If the virus is spoclsv.exe or any new virus then you can install avast...

To check whether your files are available, check the space available on your disk and if anything is used just enter the relative file in address bar.

Jul 6, 2007, 01:33 AM
    The newest virus
    Hi every body-hi ben-and hi dear friend BenReilly:p :
    Are you OK today?:p
    I asked a question about a virus that hide folders:"service.exe"
    As you said I downloaded avast antivirus and scan my computer.but it's useless! In folder option :"dont show hidden folder" is active.and when I try to activate "show hidden files"
    It doesn't do! I install several updated antivirus like Kaspersky ,Node32,AVG,. but they didn't detected this virus.!
    Now what can I do?:confused:
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:06 AM
    If you know your folders that are on your memory stick, then you can enter the relative filename in the address bar and enter. For example F:\myfolder. After you enter the folder should open up and then you can copy/cut the files and folders to another place...

Jul 6, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    If you know your folders that are on your memory stick, then you can enter the relative filename in the address bar and enter. for example F:\myfolder. after you enter the folder should open up and then you can copy/cut the files and folders to another place...
    That is right,I tried this way heretofore but for music folder ,this way is not right.when I write filename of music folder in address bar there is nothing !furthermore it isn't sufficient ,maybe I forget filename,then what can I do?:o
    Please guide me an antivirus so that can detect this virus(service.exe):confused:
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 08:44 AM
    If you can't remember the folder name of your music then you have to get a data recovery software and see whether it works...

Jul 6, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    If you can't remember the folder name of your music then you have to get a data recovery software and see whether it works...
    Recovery software doesn't need.when I scan a drive in my computer with kaspersky,folder name is appeared in list of scan .thanks ben but you didn't understand my intention.I said my music folder when open there is nothing:in other word they are empty . And my main problem is not music folder,is virus service.exe that I don't have antivirus detect it and delete it!
    Please guid me an powerful antivirus:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Hidden Signs [ 4 Answers ]

Is There Any Information Or Documentation That Points To Depression, If Someone Does Not Put Much Importance On Their Own Health Well Being? In Other Words: Do People Who Are Depressed, Put Themselves "last" In Every Situation... Example: " I Don't Need A Doctor For (whatever Reason) , I'll...

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

Hidden electric showers [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told there is a special electric shower that can be hidden from sight with only the controls and thermostat showing but I don't know where to buy it and what it is called

View more questions Search