Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crash_4_hope Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Son evicted? And not able to get his belongings.
    To start we live in pa, anyway...

My fiancée (20yrs) was kicked out. Some of the bills are or were in his name and this parents are moving and were planning to let him take on their rent to own agreement. They did not give him notice. Well when he want back for his things, his parents won't let him in or take his stuff to him. When he asked when he could get his stuff his mom asked want are you going to do for us? Is it breaking in if we go over when they're not home and take his things? They haven't changed the locks or put up any signs. Plus, they told me I'd always be welcome in their home. Idk, my fiancée isn't on drug, doesn't drink, doesn't drive (cause his parent never had the time to teach him). He's a good guy and his was all dropped on him one day when he came home from work.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_4_hope
    To start we live in pa, anyways...

My fiancée (20yrs) was kicked out. Some of the bills are or were in his name and this parents are moving and were planning to let him take on their rent to own agreement. They did not give him notice. Well when he want back for his things, his parents won't let him in or take his stuff to him. When he asked when he could get his stuff his mom asked want are you gonna do for us? Is it breaking in if we go over when they're not home and take his things? They haven't changed the locks or put up any signs. Plus, they told me I'd always be welcome in their home. Idk, my fiancée isn't on drug, doesn't drink, doesn't drive (cause his parent never had the time to teach him). He's a good guy and his was all dropped on him one day when he came home from work.
    Lets be realistic. They must have a reason to do this to him. He's a momas boy. And I believe lazy he is an adult he should get a drivers license on his own. Maybe when he was younger he was not responsible but he had had three years to get it since he's been an adult. Let him go to civil court and sue to get his things back.

Like I said there must be some reason you are unaware of.

Hold off on marying him till you know the real deal

May 30, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    lets be realistic. they must have a reason to do this to him. he's a momas boy. and I beleive lazy he is an adult he should get a drivers license on his own. maybe when he was younger he was not responsable but he had had three years to get it since hes been an adult. let him go to civil court and sue to get his things back.

like I said there must be some reason you are unaware of.

hold off on marying him till you know the real deal

The real deal is that his fathers the lazy one. Within the last year, the fathers moved back in, quit his job, and sits at home and watchs TV on the big screen with all the extras (that he bought with the money his him and his wife got back from taxes, which they should have bought a second car with cause that's why the father won't get a new job, cause they don't have a second car.) And in this my honey walks like 40 minutes to get to work. Oh and he works the same place that his dad turned down cause he doesn't have that second car.

So the other night the dad calls (while drunk, he drinks every night around 2-3) and wants to fight. So me honey just said bye and hungs up.

I understand this site is mostly adult's finding answers and ing about their awful kids but you ever think it's not all his fault. It's hard to get a drivers license when you have no one that can legally teach you. As for him being a momma's boy, his mom's ever there. She works all the time, she has to cause the father doesn't. But still they can't pay their bills so my honey helps. He helps so much and this is how they say thanks; kick him out and refuse to give him want is his. And he doesn't want to sue his family, there all of this he still loves them.

As for marrying him, I will in time cause I know him and love him!

Sorry, for the runons
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_4_hope
    Is it breaking in if we go over when they're not home and take his things?
    Hello crash:

No.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Yes, excon, but the trick is what are his things, bill of sale ?
    That TV his or thiers, that couch ?

If he takes anything but his clothes odds are they can file charges, they may not, but could. If they have told him not to come back into the home, then if he came back it would be a criminal tresspass most likely.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Sorry if I was harsh. I did not mean to belittle you. I'm just saying could there be a reason they are acting this way that you don't know about.

I was just trying to get you to have an open mind that there could be something.

Sorry again.

Jun 3, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Thanks,. and he did get his things (clothes, game systems that him and I bought, paperwork... ) We left the items that his family said would be his after they moved (the TV from his bedroom, a couch & chair set, lol.)

But now the parents for offering him to pay rent on that house until it's paid off in two years, than he would own it. I told him to get everything in writing. The house really isn't worth much for a house. It needs a lot of work and if we put that work into it I wouldn't want to lose it cause his parents decide to keep it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2yr old dog urinating on fianc?'s belongings [ 1 Answers ]

I have three dogs. I work a lot and recently had my fiancé move in with me. One of my dogs has shown signs of separation anxiety pretty much since I've had him. He's been a part of the family since a puppy. I don't know what to do to cure him of his anxiety issues. He also beats up on one of...

Removing a 21 yr old daughter`s belongings from the property.she is out of here [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 21 yr old that has moved out and changed her addy.. but when asked to remove her belongings, says I will in a week... lol when that weeks up... I will in a week... this has been going on since August! We have given her written notice we will start charging storage fees etc. says she...

Belongings left behind after termination of lease [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in PA. We have a tenant who requested to terminate her lease, and we accepted her request. We were receiving a Section 8 voucher, but she had not paid her portion of the rent for two months. In my letter accepting her terminating the lease, we told her to be out by November 30. She has...

Question about Belongings... [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a 6-month lease on January 1, 2006. The person I was rooming with had lived in the house already for a year. He had the only copy of the lease. When I paid rent, I gave him cash (I did not get receipts because he was a friend) and bills were the same way. After the lease was to be up on...

How long does ex have to remove belongings? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, My ex abandoned me 2 1/2 years of marriage in April 2004. I divorced her (NYS final decree in September 2005). The house was mine before the marriage and is 100% mine after the marriage. She left 2 1/2 rooms of her furniture and belongings in my house. She refuses to remove them...

View more questions Search