Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halfpint27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 07:30 AM
    I was wondering if any one has ever herd of this before?
    I went to the hospital Friday with really bad cramps and contractions I have been having them for 2 1/2 days I'm 23 weeks they chacked me out they said I was have bad contractions than they said the test they took showed I was dehydrated and I had had a bladder infection that said that was causing my contractions and the bad cramps they gave me som flouids through an i.v. and sent me home the pain esed dawn for a day then last night it came dack worse than before so I went back again they told me the same thang I was still dehydrated and still had a bladder ininfectionthay gave some antobiotics and sent me home again I nevver herd of being dehydrayed andhaveing a bladder infection could cause you to have contractions and cramp so bad has anybody else ever herd of this before?? And the doctor checked me out down there and said my cervics was thinned out 50% I'm only 23 weeks is that good or bad??
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 07:35 AM
    True contractions can be from a bladder infection the bladder can contract with one. This had happened to me and I was not pregnant. You can get uterine contractions when you are dehydrated.
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 29, 2007, 07:45 AM
    It's really common to get bladder/kindey/urinary tract infections whilst pregnant, and after.
    I had it three months after giving birth and it was so painful. Back pain labour.
    Drink lots of fluids.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
    I did the same thing. Drink lots of water/sports drinks and rest. Take all the atibiotics and it should stop them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just wondering [ 22 Answers ]

Ok... I had intercourse on April 5th, and 6th... then again on April 9th,10th,11th,12th,13th,and14th... Again on the 22nd, again on the 27th,28th,and29th... My last period was March 26th 2007, and I haven't had a period since.All the tests I take even at the doctors office are coming up negative......

Just Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 month old kitten, and I was just curious about how much kittens of that age usually sleep in a day because my kitten usually sleeps quite a bit, and I always thought that kittens play more then they sleep, and as they get older they sleep more. Also my kitten has feline herpes in her one...

Just wondering [ 6 Answers ]

So, I'm seventeen years old and I've never been in a relationship in my life. Scratch that. I've been on one date to the movies where I basically had to ask the guy myself through myspace (ugh, I know) and to top it all off, he stabbed someone and got expelled from his school (prior to me, of...

Just wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering but why do people prefer macs over PCs I mean you will buy a mac and sure it'll be OK for a while but then you will be left behind by PC's there more versitile to upgrade and you won't get laughed at when people ask what you have. I have a friend with a Mac he can clapp his hands...

View more questions Search