Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Where are contacts stored in outlook express v6
    What is the name of the file or file type where the contacts are kept in outlook express ver 6.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

May 29, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Use the operating system's search function to find files with "*.wab" in the file name. Make sure the search function is set to include files in system and hidden folders. Be prepared for there to be separate files for each Windows XP log in account.

Should be in the "\Documents and Settings\Account name\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book" folder. Substitute your log in name for the "Account name"

Purpose is similar enough to use the information found in Microsoft Knowledgebase Article ID: 313055

"OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP"
    OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express: Big Address Book but nothing in Contacts [ 11 Answers ]

Got a new laptop and imported my address book (wab) into OE... the same way I've done it dozens of times over the years... But on this 'puter the Contacts pane is empty. When I go to the address book (from within OE) all my contacts are there, and when I go to send an email and start typing...

Outlook 2003 Adding Contacts Automatically [ 1 Answers ]

Each email I receive, Outlook is adding the sender to my address book. I don't want this but cannot find where the setting is to turn this off. Appreciate any help... Thx

Exporting Contacts from Microsoft Outlook [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can extract a the Contacts from one Outlook to another? Export and Import or? Any ideas and suggestions please? Thanks!

Exporting Outlook Express contacts [ 2 Answers ]

I just upgraded to a new computer at work. Old comp running Windows 98, new comp with Windows XP MCE. I am trying to export my contacts from Outlook Express from old comp to new, but the contacts are not saved as a .wab file. The prior user had them saved to "Microsoft Outlook Contact Store". There...

View more questions Search