Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javedsam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Stop private prank calling
    Hello:
    I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to show the number of someone that keeps making prank phone calls on a land line that has caller ID but the number shows up as a "private number". It is really disturbing. I have tWo babies and I am scared one of them might pick up and hear this persons dirty mouth. I have no clue who it is. HELP PLEASE:( . I called 911 the police came and said they can't do anything.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
    I don't believe that there is anyway to do what you are asking. But I would call the telephone company. They will ask you to keep a log of the exact times that they call... They will not tell you who is calling you, but they will have the option to prosecute them.. most likely they will remove their phone or if it is children contact their parents.good luck
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

May 28, 2007, 09:18 PM
    I've been down this road before when my wife was the principle at a local school. The easiest thing to do is change your phone number to an unlisted number. However that's not always practical. We had to file a complaint with the police. Once we had that we could ask that the phone company track the incoming calls. When we got a prank phone call we were supposed to call the phone company and give them the case number that the police gave us. As bushg stated, the phone company will not release the information to you, but they will tell the police who it is. They can take it from there and you will have the option to prosecute them.
    piklmv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 10:52 PM
    You can dial *57 right after you get off the phone and cal the cops and they should be able to trace it
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Anonymous Call Rejection

Anonymous call rejection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*77 and they won't bother you again. Read the article.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 10:02 AM

Of course there is caller ID. If you can trap the phone caller's number you can have the calls blocked from that number.

However the best method is to call the Police and have them open the investigation.

If the call happens to be from another State, then your caller is open to Federal prosecution.

If the calls have been repeated this is not a child's prank and may in fact be a very dangerous situation.
    dre87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by piklmv View Post
    you can dial *57 right after you get off the phone and cal the cops and they should be able to trace it
    Does di work even dough u have basic phone line with out caller id and any fetures..
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:56 PM

Dre87,

Where did you go to school to learn to write like that?

You and your teachers should be embarrassed if this is the best writing you learned!
    jbyr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 08:13 AM

You may be able to block all calls that do not have caller ID info... call tel co.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private [ 1 Answers ]

Can an anonymous e'amil be traced back to the sender if you use hotmail or Yahoo or some place like that?

Prank calls [ 2 Answers ]

How do u trace number when its been blocked?

Private investigators? [ 4 Answers ]

Can I hire a private investigator to investigate someone who has filed a restraining order against me? I am not a stalker, my daughters mother has used this as a way to keep her from seeing me. The court ordered some time bit once three weeks ago my daughter had a black eye. And the mother has got...

Private Seller [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sold a car to a guy who checked out the condition of the car and test drove it twice before purchasing. The car was in good working condition and the only thing that really needed to be done was having the ac recharged. Now after having the car for a week the guy is claiming there are...

View more questions Search