Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Falling out of Love
    If someone really truly loves you, can they fall out of love so quickly when you break up? I was with this guy and he claims that he used to love me, but no longer does, but I still love him. He didn't really love me?
    xiaocake Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Love could be mobile. You are young and have lots of time to meet and test the person loving you. Don't be sad. You could make use of time after breaking up with him on reading, swimming, and so on. Your leaving a person means he couldn't bring happiness to you. Please believe you would have another beginning from now on.
    Wish you happiness!
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

May 28, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Young lady, that's just love, NOT true love.

Just enjoy life, and true love will come to you one day and love you for the rest of his life!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Life is for living! You can choose to live or choose not to. The choice is yours. What we learn from our relationships and every day lives helps us in the future and makes us privy to the secrets of how to live life! If you do not learn from the past then the relationship meant nothing. It doesn't matter what he does from now on, its you and only you!

What went wrong, what went good? You will figure this out in the coming months.

1) You need to abide by no contact - Ignorance is bliss, don't go near the grape vine
    2) Ever wanted to do anything like travel? Nows the time
    3) Join the gym/exercise try some new sports - makes you feel much better + you meet new people and get a nice sauna if they have one
    4) Sign up to some new education classes/hobbies etc
    5) Meet new people
    6) Get out more and party
    7) Renew old social ties and spend more time with your friends and family
    8) Listen to your fav music - not you and your ex fav tracks!
    9) Put everything which reminds you of him in a box somewhere
    10) Keep yourself busy, do not mope around
    11) The best revenge towards an ex is to be happy
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

May 29, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I think you can fall out of love just as fast you fall in love
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Whether he loved you or not, only he knows... no one can tell... but all I can tell you is that relationship/friendship built slowly is what will build love... how yours was built is uncertain... for some people lust can be misinterpreted as love and if it was lust, it usually fades with the season... so beware...
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
    It is possible. If he told you that he doesn't love you, that's a sign to move on.
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 07:25 PM
    He could say whatever he wants.

As most young people, he might not yet discovered what truly loving someone really is. When you really, truly love one someone, it's impossible for you to replace them with someone else.

May 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanalov
    He could say whatever he wants.

As most young people, he might not yet discovered what truly loving someone really is. When you really, truly love one someone, it's impossible for you to replace them with someone else.
    I wouldn't say 'impossible'. But it's damn hard! Most young people believe they are in "love" but it's just a really deep liking/crushing.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 30, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    I wouldn't say 'impossible'. But it's damn hard! Most young people believe they are in "love" but it's just a really deep liking/crushing.
    With age comes experience. I believe I'm a lot more mature than most teenagers and I think there's a lot more mature teenagers than people believe, not that you were saying that there aren't, but I loved him, I don't think he loved me, so that explains why he fell out of "love" so easily. But thank you for all your answers. I'm moving on, screw him. I'll be more careful with people in the future. Lol but I'm going to see my therapist today, so I'll ask her. I hate being sad, but every time I let it all out and cry I feel 10 times better afterwards.

May 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Screw him and moving on are maverlous words when it comes to this situation! :)

Crying always seems to relieve people. And you are very welcome for the answers.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Rockerchick - You are just so darn adorable!

First, you bet teens (late teens that is, like yourself) can be mature. Sometimes I think I had better sense at 18 than I do now LOL - I just can't seem to remember a thing now. Anyway, oh I bet he did love you, at the time, at that moment while the two of you were dating. There are all types of love and all levels of love.

Ah yes, with age comes experience and guess what the guys get even better as they get wiser as well.

Stay sweet and special and you will be fine. Don't let anyone steal that smile off your face.

And you are right, a good cry always feels so refresing afterwards!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Falling in Love with My Best Friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hiya. I have a dilemma... I have a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend although we have been going a bit downhill recently... I can't help fantasizing about one of my best friends though, she is one of the kindest, most precious people in my life alongside my girlfriend and I think I may be...

I'm falling for him [ 2 Answers ]

Im kind off dating a married man.. he also my school admission rep.. What should I do?

Everything is falling apart... [ 32 Answers ]

Okay... so I don't know exactly where this question belongs so I am putting it here. Please bear in mind that I need any and all points of view here. My husband told me today about an idea he had about earning money. He said that if he goes to work for a company in another province, he could...

I'm falling apart.. . [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone has read my first post I listed, but over the weekend, I had a nervous breakdown and went to the hospital. Luckily, I didn't have to stay because I'm not suicidal, but they did prescribe some anti-depressants and some sleeping pills. I just feel truly heartbroken and on...

Falling in Love... [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I've liked this guy since like 2nd grade. And I dinally just told him like 5-6 months ago while walking home with him (except he didn't know I was walking home with him, he just happened to think we were walking in the same direction) and then when he turned to his neighborhood I said OK...

View more questions Search