Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doogoo81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Hardrive locked
    My hard drive is locked and I forgot my password
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

May 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Does the password appear when you bootup the computer and before your operating system starts? If so that's a BIOS password and pretty easy to fix. Easiest thing to do is call the place you bought it from and tell them you need to reset your BIOS. They should be able to talk you through doing it. You'll have to take the cover off and change a jumper setting on the motherboard. If you're not comfortable doing that you can probably pay someone to do it. If you have the manual for your motherboard the instructions will probably be in there.
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Jan 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Hi
    If its bios password then take off your mather board's battery for a while then back it
    Problem solved!

But if you put password on some drives then the solution is FORMAT!! U can't do anything because if there were a solution so no need for security softwares

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

Back up hardrive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently run into my HD completely crashing and after shelling out $300 bones to retrieve, change the HD and upgrade the OP system I'm wondering how to I back up everything from my hardrive? Should I get a jump drive and what size? Also what do I have to include in the backup other...

Burnt hardrive overload [ 1 Answers ]

My hardrive was replaced due to burnt hardrive overload now its fixed and we cannot retrieve our emails or send from msn messagener coud you please advise us on how we can do so thank you tazannehillier

View more questions Search