Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jagodinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 07:31 PM
    What objects change temperatures the fastest
    I'm doing a school project on objects that change temperatures the fastest. I'm trying to test metal, glass, plastic and rubber. Can somebody out there help me with this?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Don't know of fastest. I Know Aluminum cools fast and heat fast. It is used as heat sinks to dissapate heat. Whatever is faster would have to be more expensive than aluminum.
    Here I am Talking about Metal.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 08:34 PM
    I would have to guess plastic because obviously it would be affected faster by an open flame, over the other listed materials
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 02:19 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but metal has the highest thermal conductivity due to the free electrons which can travel through the metal moving the heat around.

I'm not sure I follow your logic hvacm you mean that maybe plastic would mealt faster? That would actually make it change temprature slower - Objects don't change temperature when they're at their melting point.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Changing temperature seems question, Heating or cooling. Since Burning snd melting
    Are destructive, Beyond heating and cooling.
    If a 2" cube of metal, glass, plastic, and rubber, were brought up to temperature,
    Just short of melting or burning. What would you be able to touch first?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Why not just read your book or do the experiment?

But unfortunately as many have said above, it's metal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor washer and freezing temperatures [ 5 Answers ]

Hi again. I need to put a washer and dryer outside in an unheated space in North Carolina. Temperatures occasionally drop below freezing. How can I protect the washer from freezing? Is heat tape on the water supply and discharge sufficient? Do I need to protect the drum or pipes inside the...

Male and Female objects... [ 2 Answers ]

This made me chuckle: You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living Objects are actually either male or female. Here are Some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold Everything in, but you can see right through them. PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once...

Boiling temperatures [ 5 Answers ]

What type of graph should I use to compare speeds of how long it took for something to boil?

Freely falling objects [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble finding out a formula for this problem: a baseball falling takes 4.0s to go the last 20meters before it smashes into the ground. What is the total height from which the baseball has fallen? I thought it would be something similar to y = Vot + 1/2 a*t^2 which...

Free Falling Objects [ 1 Answers ]

The question states: Someone throws a ball straight down to to the floor. If the ball bounces straight up and returns to the floor 2.5s after first striking it, what was the ball's greatest height above the floor? I have no idea how to go about answering this question. If anyone can help, that...

View more questions Search