Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpress7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result!
    I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was not taking the BC pills. My period in May never came. Today is May 27th, I should have started my period on the 12th at the latest. At first I wasn't worried because I figured the missed BC pills had messed up my cycle. I took a pregnancy test May 12th just to be sure, and it was negative. By the 17th, I still had not started my period. I took another test, and got another negative. Almost a month ago, I started feeling extremely exhausted. I made sure I got enough sleep, even got up early on some days in case I'd been getting too much sleep. Still exhausted. About 2 weeks ago, I started feeling naseuous. All day, everyday. Then, about a week ago, I started getting period-like cramps, except they were lighter than the ones I get before and during my period. I kept thinking my period was going to start, but it never did. Today, I took another pregnancy test. Still negative. I still think it could be the birth control, but why am I having these symptoms? Are they pregnancy symptoms? If so, why do I keep getting negative results? I'm starting to get worried, if anyone can help, that would be great.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2007, 06:29 PM
    The pill did crazy stuff just like that to my best friend. However, every person is different. I would see your doctor to be sure because you don't want to drink and stuff if you are pregnant.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 27, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Make a dr appointment and have a blood test done. If you can stand to have a pelvic I would get one of those too. Every women is different and every period it different. I am guessing you will probably start soon though with the negative tests. I used to skip everyother period and it was because of my because. Go to the dr and tell him about your concerns... that's your best bet.
    cptrnerd Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
    I just got off the pill after 9 months of being on it. Mine have been very weird since I have been off. My doctor said the pill should immediately be out of my system after stopping but I have had a lot of the same similar things as you. Best wishes, I don't know what's going on with my body either!!

May 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Whoops-I was on it for 9 years, not 9 months
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
    A blood test is a definitive answer.

May 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Yes, always best to check with doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Missed period and negative pregnancy test.am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my situation. My last period was on March 29. I am very regular and I'm not on any birth control. About two weeks after my last period I started spotting. I had unprotected sex the night before I started spotting wich kind of freaked me out(I never had spotting before). Well I missed my...

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms, negative test? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I am new here. Just wanted your opinions; my last period started on Mar 16th (at the time I was on POP pill), then on Mar 23th ran out of the pill so stopped taking it. March 30th (day I ovulated oops) I had unprotected sex with my long term boyf but we used withdrawal method (stupid I...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

View more questions Search