Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannyvally Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Sweat issue
    I have a constant problem with sweating. Im currently 20 and it has only occurred for the last 2 or so years.
    It happens to such an extent that I can have sweat patches on the under arms of my t shirt whilst sitting down watching TV!
    My main issue is the embaressment but how can I stop this. Im already fairly active and play sports.

Any ideas of how to prevent this? Or at least minimalise it.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 27, 2007, 06:22 PM
    You need to talk to your doctor, there could be a problem. Excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis) can be caused by underlying health issues. Many doctors prescribe Drysol for excessive sweating, you should research it and also the symptoms of Hyperhidrosis to and talk to your doctor.
    mef1975 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1
    -

Oct 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
    How's it going? Did you see a doctor? Sweating has gotten worse for me in the past 5 years. I'm 32 now. I'm leaving my bed and couch soaked, even after only 20 minutes... I'm dripping and dripping sweat if the A/C is not cranked. I'm about ready to ask a doctor because it's starting to cause skin problems.
    chinook Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyvally
    I have a constant problem with sweating. Im currently 20 and it has only occured for the last 2 or so years.
    It happens to such an extent that i can have sweat patches on the under arms of my t shirt whilst sitting down watching tv!!
    My main issue is the embaressment but how can i stop this. Im already fairly active and play sports.

any ideas of how to prevent this? or at least minimalise it.
    Try CertainDry. It's an over the counter that costs about $6.
    mef1975 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1
    -

Dec 11, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Nope, it seems that doctors don't know much... They always want to treat the symptoms and appear more interested in collecting a paycheck than truly understanding the body. SHAME SHAME...

One acupunturist, who's time I wasn't paying for and haven't been able to afford to follow through with, spoke of how my chronic pot use caused testosterone to break down into DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and ended up that it sort of causes something like female menopause, with tons of hot flashes and sweats, fat accumulations, and hair thinning, etc... Sounds exactly like what I'm going through. I wish I could afford to have her treat me. I did find some medicinal treatments here...

Dihydrotestosterone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    codelle1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Try secret clinical strength... it doesn't completely stop the sweating but it reduces it... oh and if you shave under your arms completely it really helps
    snuffy1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mef1975
    Nope, it seems that doctors don't know much... They always want to treat the symptoms and appear more interested in collecting a paycheck than truly understanding the body. SHAME SHAME...

One acupunturist, who's time I wasn't paying for and haven't been able to afford to follow through with, spoke of how my chronic pot use caused testosterone to break down into DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and ended up that it sort of causes something like female menopause, with tons of hot flashes and sweats, fat accumulations, and hair thinning, etc... Sounds exactly like what I'm going through. I wish I could afford to have her treat me. I did find some medicinal treatments here...

Dihydrotestosterone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I’m 28 and I’ve had a similar daily sweating problem for years and years. Probably ever since puberty. I recently decided to do something about my male patter balding and started taking Propecia about 2 weeks ago. It’s too soon to tell if it’s working on my hair loss, but I can tell what it is working on: armpit sweat. I’ve found very little online to support this claim, but almost immediately after beginning a daily dose (Finastride 1mg) my underam sweat has disappeared COMPLETELY. This is amazing because it was something I dealt with on a daily basis, wearing lots of layers and ruining a lot of white t-shirts. What a nice side effect to have! Honestly I am really wondering how much science knows about the DHT molecule because it is very apparent to me that taking Finastride has been the only difference in my recent lack of perspiration. If anyone else has any experiences or a similar response I’d be happy to discuss. I find this most interesting, but also concerning because I am wondering what other noticeable side effects Finastride may have as I am just starting to use it.

Hair loss and Sweat glands ...yes, testosterone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad sweat smell [ 2 Answers ]

My sweat smell is very bad although I used anti - sweat Iamb 20 years and this problem begin at 13 years old And also my mouth smell is very bad If there is any solution please answer me Thank you

Sweat smell [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I am 30 year old bachelor. My height is 170 cm and my wieght is 79 kg.my problem is that my sweat is smelling very bad (underarms & inner thighs). I know I can reduce the bad smell underarms by using deodorant sprays. Can you please advise me what should i do for the inner thighs. I feel...

Night sweat [ 4 Answers ]

Do men have "night sweats"? My husband will wake up and his t-shirt is wet and he will need to change his t-shirt... Is this common?

Itchy sweat [ 5 Answers ]

Why is my head itchy when I'm sweating?

Sweat in hair [ 3 Answers ]

My child plays really hard and when I wash his hair it still smells sweaty. How can I get the sweat smell out of his hair?

View more questions Search