Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2005, 09:39 PM
    Kuta
    Nothing you ever do could grade me.
    You cannot choose to change what I am worth.

You can only give your opinion about what you choose to believe.

No I didn't say my teacher's credentials were unimportant. I said my teacher was the undefeated champion of the branch of military they were in for years. They had to retire because no one else would fight them! My teacher hardly was interested enough to teach me, and I have never met anyone else he taught the entire system. I have trained with a few members of the military he was teaching at the time, but none for long.

I don't need to feel superior. I AM superior (okay I presume, maybe wrongly).
    Feelings have nothing to do with it! You ask questions, I answer them, then you don't like the reality that you then see, sorry you are not yet mature enough to understand that people are all different, some are faster, some are slower, some are shorter, some are taller, so it happens some people may be faster than you, or slower maybe, but you need to deal with that reality. What you can prove is not what actually occurs. Electricity was not well defined prior to the mid 1800s, but lightning still existed! Lightning could still start forest fires. You understanding or being willing to accept something does not effect it. It is not what you think about reality, it is what reality thinks about you.

Martial artists in styles that brag about their lineage, don't have actual combat skills to talk about. "proof is in the fighting" not in who taught you what. Many people are good teachers but have bad form themselves, "do what they say and not what they do". A great fighter may not even be able to teach at all. So it is not how great the teacher is at fighting, it is what can you learn from them. What can YOU do because you listened to them? That is what matters, not their combat record, but what you do with what they try to teach.

Once again I have been in over 10,000 attacks against my person.
    (guns, knives, bazookas, grenades, etc.) often I was unarmed.
    Experience seems to show I am still here, some of them are not (prison,etc).

I have never read any fiction about martial arts. Is there such a thing as martial arts fiction? I have never seen it at the library, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. There is a thing called the privacy act, and I always reserve the right to only tell you as much as I want, askmehelpdesk.com is a voluntary information choice.

Those who know me, say I am for real (atleast they have never told me to my face that I am a super hero or just a figment of their imagination, but I would probably tell them my quote about reality, if they told me I wasn't real, and then I would cry. Ha ha. That would be a sad fate to be a pipe dream of someone, to not exist at all, oh well, glad I am here, I think I am here).

You wouldn't know my credentials. Parts of my life are required to be 'quiet'. Certain events are still considered "not public info". I know a lot people don't trust anyone they cannot verify, they can think what they want, I am not more and also would be no less real than I would be after you tried to see if I exist, and then people would be questioning if you exist or did I make up you as an alias, to make it seem like I was verified? And it just forms a ladder into infinity. I am being honest, but many students can learn more from the mystery of how I explain things, better than if I plainly spoke.

I was on askme.com July 2000 - 09/2001 you can verify that I had the number one rating in several catorgories a few of the months, at times. Many of the categories were martial arts related, as well as others. I have always believed the minimum complete info is the best. My teacher learned and used hikuta as fighting champion years before pappy joe, who is claimed to be Dok Lee's teacher, began learning hikuta. So my teacher even predates Dok Lee's teacher. I had been in hikuta a dozen to 'dozen and a half years', when Dok Lee and I 'met' . Dok Lee had a 'dozen and a half' to two dozen years in hikuta by then. So maybe it isn't such a shock he lost. At best he had 11 years on me, at worst he had 6, I would estimate from what some of Dok Lee's students have told me, and statements I have seen Dok Lee make on video. I do not know how much time Dok Lee had with his teacher. Indeed I do not consider time in training important, it is what you learn.

Sorry if you don't believe me, oh well. Pick. Have a nice life.

I am a saint, what the world calls a christian. I believe that God controls all.
    So if I survive a fight I thank God, and if I don't survive I get to thank God in person. What happens is not my problem. If you want to call it a miracle, fine.

Under the privacy act I cannot tell you the name of my teacher, or their teacher since I do not have permission from them to do so. I do not have permission from the military to discuss the different branches they served in, any units or awards they received, duty assignments, etc.
    aerendil Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2005, 03:26 AM
    Very funny
    I hope you have a good time making up all that stuff. It must be an interesting way to kill one's time.
    I sure had a few good laughs reading your posts. There is no martial art fiction? Just look at what you write, it's martial arts fiction all over!

May 20, 2005, 04:50 AM
    Kuta stories
    I always find surprise to be a good thing. It is nice in combat for people to be shocked at someone's abilities. It is nice when you can do something that stops them cold. They finally realize they have no chance. They get it. And certainly my stories (to quote robert d. in second hand lions) "whether true or not" certainly can be a source of comfort. And I enjoy comforting you. If you laugh at me, fine. Enjoy.
    Yuk (to laugh as in "yuk yuk yuk" three stooges) it up.

Certainly a new student who has never been exposed to martial arts might think that 'people couldn't possibly brake bricks with their bare hands'.
    And later on as they progress as a martial artist they often forget they ever thought that way, because they become able to do things that seem incredible. Someone can leap more than an inch off the ground? Or remember a certain kata or several moves (or positions)?
    Oh no, how can this be? It must be fiction? Not!
    That you did not see something does not mean it didn't happen.
    coopcuk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Mr Woodall,

Could you tell us how long you train for each day? And perhaps what kind of training you do?

What training would you suggest I do as a Hikuta newbie?

Coop,

P.S. To everyone thinking about posting, let's not reduce this thread to a slagging match... please start your own thread if that's all you are interested in.

May 20, 2005, 12:43 PM
    To restate. I do not consider time spent in training important. Modern muscle theory (see Static Contraction Training by John R. Little for example) states that as little as five seconds is enough training for a muscle. Sometimes they want as much as six 15-30 second exercises per workout or so.

To make true muscle memory can take sometimes thousands of practices, but some training is important. Studies show mental training is just as important.

Thinking about training as well as doing training improves you more quickly.
    If you never focus on training mentally then how will you learn from training?
    How will you learn to train better? Unless you study your own training?
    Each person is different and should train differently. Train to your strengths, when you want to train to be great, train to your weaknesses when you want to improve overall. Fight using your strengths, (unless you want to appear to be truly great when you fight then you can instead) fight using your weaknesses, and switch to your strengths later to truly devastate or if you really are hopeless when fighting with your weakest techniques (against that person that day) change to your best to survive/win the fight.

I prefer people learn to do "crane stretches wings" for momentum, and a good all around defense/attack. "crane reaches toward sky" for back muscles, arm flexibility, and breath control. You may add (usually light) weights during "crane stretches wings" after you can do it as a stretching exercise for over 20 minutes. (csw,crs are part of the 18 classical kung fu exercises). Jumping jacks and pushups are nice for general warm up (to reduce chance of injury). To do weight machine exercises requires more assistance, and a careful plan to not harm yourself, but strength building exercises that are near ,but not at, you max weight you can handle ( do all the time) regularly (that YOU can do at fast speed down to a very very slow speed to vary pace and what muscles are doing more work) is important to develop the best effect. Good technique also keeps you from harming yourself.

I have done over 1600 pounds (1425 pounds plus two people hanging off machine) on leg press (using both legs), over 2k on jumping machine, about 600-800+ on running machines. About 450-600 on angled blocking machine (I cheated I just used my pinky). I have bench pressed over 450 using one hand and about 650 using both hands (guy tricked me and said he reduced weight to 160 pounds and I was working weight fast, first with one hand then other, only later did I learn he had increased weight to 465 or so, and then someone else did same thing with 650 pound weight on same machine a different day) got to love those other police cadets I went to the police academy with. I outran a group of police officers from one of my graduate criminal justice classes, up a set of stairs, I was running backward, they were not. I don't expect YOU to outrun cars. Or take out police dogs without a scratch on you
    But some people have to do better, maybe I am one, who knows. Who cares.

Train well.

Be safe.
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2005, 06:11 AM
    My point is proven
    I was going to post a lengthy reply using your own words to expose you as a fraud, but I think you've just made that very clear to everyone with your last post.
    My point is made...
    Thank You,
    And Good Bye

May 22, 2005, 11:44 AM
    kuta
    yes you doubt me. Good. Better to have surprise.
    that you are so stupid as to think all are as weak as you. Or cannot do more than you, shows you are not much of a coach. Ever see one athlete do more in the weight room than another? Ever? Than why would you doubt me?

because you obviously have not seen it all.

and that you think I am a fraud means my work for this post is done.
    because it is okay you dislike me, or doubt me. But that won't change whether my words are true or not. Have a nice day. Have a good life.
    I hope this thread helps some people. Enjoy.

you should watch world strongest men show they lift more weight than I do.

to add a quick section on torque in hikuta from one of my other posts:
    there also exist movement in a circular fashion we call angular velocity, angular velocity is measured in omega = 2*pi*radius. We use 2 pi because the distance around a circle of radius 1 or along the path of a sine wave of frequency 1 (which equals 1 cycle per second for one complete cycle)
    is 2* pi. So the angular velocity is also important in how much energy is being directed into the target when striking. In physics the moment arm is the amount needed to cause an object to remain at statis or not moving. A one foot long pole made of metal idealized with a 20 pounds weight at the far end from the fulcrum (the point at which it is being held to exert the amount needed to hold it still in this case, also the pivot point or hinge by definition). Idealized so that there is not compression or contraction or expansion(strain or stress). Produces a 20 pound feet 'moment arm' that must be countered by 20 foot pounds of torque to remain motionless. If you move the point of 'balance' of the weight of 20 pounds to 1/2 foot from the end , then the 10 pound feet 'moment arm' must be countered by 10 foot pounds of torque.
    so that like a ice skater when spinning as you bring your arms in, the same torque produces much more movement, because the 'moment arm' has gone down, and the less the 'moment arm' the greater effect for the same torque.
    the current 'moment arm' divided by the previous 'moment arm' produces a multiplication of the effective movement caused by the application of the same old torque. If you both reduce your 'moment arm', and increase your torque, you can see that you are going to produce an multiplicative amount of effect when striking. Hikuta lowers your 'moment arm' and trains you to increase your torque, thereby delivering such a high rate of angular velocity, in addition to high velocity, and high acceleration that it produces such a serious effect to only be used in emergencies. Furthemore that the separation of the impulse function of an impact is countered by the application in opposion to the separation function, allowing critical time for the energy to be delivered to the target during the impact. Because the contact is maintained slightly longer much more kinetic energy is transferred to the target, causing much greater damage to the target, as well as less effect on the originator of the strike, since more of the energy leaves the person hitting the target, less recoil occurs, and so less damage can occur to the person doing hikuta because the energy of that strike is no longer retained by them. In many systems a wrong strike can cause the person doing the strike to break their own hand/foot/etc, but in hikuta since the energy is allowed more time to enter the target less energy is retained, and felt by the person doing the hikuta strike. If you have any further questions please ask.
    drbill212 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2005, 06:22 PM
    Kuta
    I doubt the long story posted claiming a fight with Dok Lee. I trained with Dok Lee (I know his real name and anyone who trained with him knows it) in the 60's and can immeditaely tell if someone really trained with him. Some of the info is true, but obviously incomplete. The story of a pre-pubescent boy fighting 10 armed opponents successfully is beyond comment. Dok lee videos and books are nothing like the training I had. Can anyone define the black bag?

Jun 20, 2005, 07:09 PM
    Kuta
    Now that I have read the rest of woodall's posts, it appears he has not landed yet. Here's a test to see if anyone really trained with "DOK LEE": what is his real name? What kind of car did he drive in the 60's? What does 'run the numbers" mean?, what does 'black bag' mean?, what does 'mind explosion" mean? who did DOK claim to be a body guard for (a lie, but he said it), what institution did DOk 'work' for? what was his 'job' there? Who is Calvin Kalasukis? What well-known martial artist did DOK refuse to train because he didn't want to train a black man to defeat him? What important body-mechanic is he leaving out on his videos and book? What is a 'heart plate"? Dok had a business- what was it? what did he use adhesive tape for ? he trained the wife of a famous martial artist- who was it? where and how did he meet Pappy Joe? what happened on the first meeting? WHAT IS THE FIRST THING "THEY" TAUGHT DOK? hint: it was NOT the punch. from what position was the punch first taught to DOK. who were THEY? kuta is NOT the name of this system- where did the term kuta come from? Why is it no one other than DOK or his 'students' have anything to say about this? what is the "continuous attack system'? What , physiologically, is the difference in a reflex action and a willed action? Answer a majority of these correctly, and I'll listen to you.

Jun 20, 2005, 09:48 PM
    Kuta or hikuta
    If you can do an internet search you can find his real name.
    But if you ask you can be told by others that I know his real name.

Ask jack savage
    [email protected] or

Ask al abidin
    [email protected]

I have told both them Dok Lee's real name in emails, so they know I know it.
    I am not going to say it here, I did not even prove to them I knew it for years, because the truth is what matters, not what you can prove, or prove to someone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    He came to meet me. I did not go to where Dok Lee lived. I never saw his car. It was not even in the 60s when I meet him. He came to my public school because people (a father and son) who had trained with him were saying they were Doks, and were trying to teach others, and he did not like it! Dok Lee corrected them for thinking they were Doks. Dok Lee corrected them for trying to teach anyone! I had learned Hikuta many years before, but I pretended to learn from them (mostly from the son, a fellow student at the school) for about a week. Dok Lee thought I had only been learning Hikuta for a week is why he was so impressed with me (he did not know I had been doing it for a long long time).

Once again I met Dok Lee once for about 5 minutes, and he wanted to make me, and only me a DOK, because he thought I had just started training in Hikuta (about a week), and was a natural or something (he did not realize I had been doing Hikuta for over a dozen years at least at that point)!

The person I learned from and his master did not use the terms you describe, in my presence, but since they trained many years before pappy joe learned hikuta it does not surprise me. I use different terms to describe things than my teacher (but I have seen Dok Lee use exactly the same terms for the same actions in his videos as my teacher used). I just do not want to limit myself to what other people call something. I find a more descriptive term is more useful to allow understanding. I never trained with Dok Lee I just defeated him in combat. So I do not know what training he gave you, or anyone else. I have offered to go and see /check out the training that some instructors in hikuta are giving, to verify if it is complete. None have wanted to spend the time/effort to have me came to where they are/ or send info about what they teach, so that I can say if they know as much about hikuta as I do. So I don't know if even Dok Lee taught as much about Hikuta as he knew to them, or if they know as much as I do. I would not mind trying to help them, but so far no great interest has surfaced.

Special forces have guarded people of importance from around the world, especially those without a country anymore (effective exile), and I have seen on the military channel special forces guarding the former ruler of china (for example). Dok lee I have heard was in the military? Could he have been in a unit that guarded someone important? I would not know for sure, maybe you would?

My purpose is not to get you to listen to me. Silly.
    I am telling you the truth. Take it or leave it.

I am not seeking students (who is worthy to teach or be taught?).
    I am not seeking fame (I have that many times over).
    I simply telling you what happened. That's life. Get over it.

I do not know what Dok Lee taught you, I just know he was defeated by me.

Of course I have defeated many multiple opponents, many many times. Multiple swat teams, and the ones who arrive before the swat teams, on multiple occasions. Hit squads of various bad organizations, et cetera.
    To me it does not matter if they send one or how many? Because I either am going to defeat them or die. There is not other choice. I can be generous, and let them live once their "teeth are pulled", but I do not have to be.

And you do not understand that a fully trained person in hikuta can defeat 10 or more attackers (if you did not know hikuta, would you fear attack dogs? They only weigh the same amount as a small child), then why do not you understand children weighing the same have the same mass, and can do as much damage, because they get as much energy into each strike as an attack dog. Children at 8 or ten can weigh 60-100 pounds or more, you do not think 100 pound attack dogs can hurt if they attack (most people - not hikuta trained but normal unprepared public)?

It always amazes me, people who have been trained in a martial art, as you say you were with Dok Lee. Who doubt that others can apply/do that martial art well enough for it to work. Either hikuta works or it don't. If it works then you should believe what I am telling you; if you think hikuta is not effective for you, then YOU need to move on to another martial art, but stop doubting that others can use Hikuta well. Dok Lee said all martial arts have a place. And certainly you may need to do some more studying, if unhappy here go be happy somewhere else.

Dok Lee in his book/video (s) referred to some of the terms you used. Specifically the last two questions should be answerable by anyone who has watched/read all the available book/video (s) from Dok Lee. I do not jump through hoops. I would rather you think less of me, than perform for you. I just got the book/video (s) of Dok Lee to compared/see what he taught/knew over 18 years after I beat him.

Jun 21, 2005, 06:17 PM
    Kuta
    I try to give everyone a chance and I am always ready to learn more.I am trying to learn more about kuta and will listen to anyone esp if they trained before Leroy. I would like to meet and/or talk to you - I feel that there was more although he said there was not.

Jun 21, 2005, 08:16 PM
    More kuta or hikuta
    Strange, he did not call himself Leroy. I am not sure if he showed me a department of motor vehicles identification card.
    Maybe he preferred to use a more oriental sounding name or for security reasons he had to use an alias. Some experts on askme.com, and I presume if they are still on askmehelpdesk.com are in the military, and cannot reveal a complete real name, because of their security clearance, or activities.

Was it early,mid or late 60s you learned from Dok Lee (car of 60s reference)?
    I have been told that at least four people trained as far as Dok Lee would teach (and also that he did not teach the survival training).
    I did not train before Dok Lee started training. I merely learned from someone else who trained before pappy joe, and certainly their master learned years before that (I trained under them, some). It is probably just that I happened to beat Dok Lee that particular day, who is to say if on another day he would not have beaten me easily. Maybe. I trained (mostly in the 60s) for Hikuta.
    From your post I note that Dok Lee felt that if he trained "someone" (a certain black gentleman well known for fighting) that, that "someone", could defeat him (Dok Lee). So Dok Lee felt that anyone fully trained in what he knew could theoretically defeat him (i.e. it would be possible). So me winning on any particular day seem less and less impressive, all the time.

It is always nice to meet like minded persons. And certainly they say similar stones can polish each other (take the rough edges off - help critique each others technique -learn from what others have done/continue to do). So yes should opportunity arise it would be nice to talk/meet, whatever with you.

My purpose is not to spread Hikuta. Dok Lee sold over 600k video/book combos from business sources raving about the great sales, so I think the cat is out of the bag. I just believe that people can be helped to understand.
    And there are other products Dok Lee did, and others have sold items, etc.

I suppose my '8 seconds to martial arts', and "two minutes to explain it" can be / have been useful to some. If you consult other related sources you may find more info. Chin na (or cam na in cantonese) has at least two techniques in every major form of kung fu, royal korean bodyguard art (is included as a part of kuk sool won), etc, all include some techniques you may find familiar.
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2005, 09:41 AM
    Witholding information... A mark of a liar
    It is strange that Woodall chooses to refer, in detail, only to questions that are "found on the internet" and to continue to be very vague about questions that could expose him as a fraud. Vagueness is an old ploy used by liars. It allows them to adjust their lies to address real qualifying questions.

He continually uses insults and excuses to cover his lack of real answers. He says that he needs no fame, yet he continually boosts of his imagined prowess. When challenged, he simply says that one is stupid or reluctant to believe, because one doesn't have experience.

Send me an email EAWoodall. If you are who you claim, tell me how to meet you. You joke about your adversaries yet it is you who are the joke. Your ploy may work with children, but not with discerning adults.

For DRBill212- Please post a reply to my post to verify whether Woodall gave correct answers so that we all can put this to rest. You don't have to post the answers, just tell us if he answered correctly.

OldCoach

Jun 22, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Even more kuta or hikuta
    I tried to explain this to you before. How do you know I am not using an alias and am really dr. bill, so no matter what bill says to verify me, you will not accept it. Who you going to get to verify bill, et cetera ad infinitum (it just goes on and on forever - for those of you who do not understand that).

For that matter how do I know you are not bill?

As a coach, that you claim to have been/be you should know people are different, some are stronger, some are weaker. Do you admit that? Do you even know that? Because you feel insulted that I called your bluff. If you were a coach you should have had more than one student on a team you coached, and so you would see differences between them. So do not be surprised that people have differences. Please.

I showed your lack of experience as a coach, or lack of paying attention as a coach, if that you are not good at coaching is an insult, then perhaps you can work harder and do better at noticing the differences in your team's members individual strengths, and weaknesses. They are not all the same.

Prowess is not something imagined. You mean a gradiose prowess, a unbelievable series of acts that goes beyond the imagining. Sounds cool.
    Sorry just my life is that way. If you know you cannot believe, okay. Do not.
    See if I care. Life is life. Truth is truth.

I am sorry if I have made you feel defensive. I am sorry and apologize if I insulted any of you. I am just being me. I am sure you are a great coach, and a fine person. Sometimes I feel defensive when people do not show respect.

Please do not make bill jump through hoops to make you happy. Thank you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2005, 04:53 PM
    This thread is funny and sad at the same time.
    coopcuk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 03:20 AM
    Wow...
    Just checked my mail after being away for a few weeks... great to see this debate is still going strong... and a new and like minded individual has joined us, Dr Bill... you say you have trained under DOK Lee. Perhaps you could tell us a little about your training?

I am currently trying to train from Jack Savage and Al Abidin's video products... any hints/tips/exercises would be greatly appreciated.

If you and Mr Woodall do meet up, perhaps I could also attend... I would love to participate in a Hikuta discussion with some people who know what they are talking about for a change!
    A doubtful Brit Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2005, 04:23 AM
    A newcommer
    I am a complete newcommer to Hikuta and am very curious to whether it works.

I have trained in Tai Chi for nearly ten years and find it a facinating discipline to train in, but it takes many years to perfect. Much longer than the ten years I have been training.
    I accidentally came across Hikuta whilst browsing on the net and found it very exciting. The thought of being able to learn a great way of defence in just 3 months sounds great. However, after much searching on the net, and reading everything I possibly can about it, I do doubt it's power.

Can anybody please help me with the queiries I have and then I can decide whether to train in Hikuta.

1. In everything I have read, whilst performing the Hikuta fist strike, the other hand is brought to the chest. Why is this? It just makes no sense. I presume it must some how put more power into the strike, but how? I need to know the science. And surely, if you are attakced by a man holding a gun, your other hand would be better off blocking the armed arm or deflecting it instead of slapping yourself in the chest. Your strike may be powerful, but the gun is still pointing at you. It would not be too difficult for the attacker to squeeze off a couple of shots.

2. In a majority of martial arts, an open palm strike is much stronger than a closed fist (loose or not). Are Hikuta experts trying to tell me that the Hikuta fist produces a more powerful blow than an open palm strike.

3. I have not read anything about blocking where Hikuta is concerned. Are there any blocking tecniques? I just don't see how one could defeat a group attack of say 4 or more people without blocking any attacks. Surely whilst you were striking one or maybe two of the attackers the others would be throwing punces and kicks left, right and centre. I know that Hikuta expresses it's speed but it doesn't make you superman.

Thanks for anyone who can help me.

Jun 25, 2005, 07:02 AM
    kuta and hikuta more physics
    here is a SHORT explanation quoting from my series of posts on physics and hikuta. Two paragraphs of quotes then I get to specific answers.

------------------------------
    physics of hikuta / kuta

when moving in hikuta you must remember to use you momentum.
    hitting with only the weight of your hand, will not do as much as hitting with your entire body weight behind your hand. In kendo they jump off the ground at the moment of striking to ensure they have their entire body weight into each hit. I have studied other martial arts as well as hikuta.

(F=ma. e=mc^2=(m*(v^2))/2. p=mv)
    note: definition- energy is the name of units of work in physics.

energy = one half of mass times velocity squared.

if bob has v=1 and mass 2 that he uses when hitting.
    bob hits with energy amount 1

if roy has v=1 and mass 4
    then roy hits with energy amount 2
    twice as much mass in strike, twice the energy.

if mike has v=2 and mass 2
    then mike hits with energy amount 4.
    twice as much velocity, four times the energy.

if chuck has v=2 and mass 4
    them chuck hits with energy amount 8.
    twice as fast and twice as much mass equals eight times energy.

if john has v=3 and mass 2
    then john hits with energy 9.
    three times as fast equals nine times the energy.

so both mass and velocity (speed in a direction) are of great concern when the amount of energy matters. Consider the amount of mass of the hand, to how much mass the entire body has. And consider that a very fast small man can deliver more energy than a medium sized fast man.
    ------------------
    there also exists movement in a circular fashion we call angular velocity, angular velocity is measured in omega = 2*pi*radius. We use 2 pi because the distance around a circle of radius 1 or along the path of a sine wave of frequency 1 (which equals 1 cycle per second for one complete cycle)
    is 2* pi. So the angular velocity is also important in how much energy is being directed into the target when striking. In physics the moment arm is the amount needed to cause an object to remain at statis or not moving. A one foot long pole made of metal idealized with a 20 pounds weight at the far end from the fulcrum (the point at which it is being held to exert the amount needed to hold it still in this case, also the pivot point or hinge by definition). Idealized so that there is not compression or contraction or expansion(strain or stress). Produces a 20 pound feet 'moment arm' that must be countered by 20 foot pounds of torque to remain motionless. If you move the point of 'balance' of the weight of 20 pounds to 1/2 foot from the end , then the 10 pound feet 'moment arm' must be countered by 10 foot pounds of torque.
    so that like a ice skater when spinning as you bring your arms in, the same torque produces much more movement, because the 'moment arm' has gone down, and the less the 'moment arm' the greater effect for the same torque.
    the current 'moment arm' divided by the previous 'moment arm' produces a multiplication of the effective movement caused by the application of the same old torque. If you both reduce your 'moment arm', and increase your torque, you can see that you are going to produce an multiplicative amount of effect when striking. Hikuta lowers your 'moment arm' and trains you to increase your torque, thereby delivering such a high rate of angular velocity, in addition to high velocity, and high acceleration that it produces such a serious effect to only be used in emergencies. Furthemore that the separation of the impulse function of an impact is countered by the application in opposion to the separation function, allowing critical time for the energy to be delivered to the target during the impact. Because the contact is maintained slightly longer much more kinetic energy is transferred to the target, causing much greater damage to the target, as well as less effect on the originator of the strike, since more of the energy leaves the person hitting the target, less recoil occurs to you, and so less damage can occur to the person doing hikuta because the energy of that strike is no longer retained by them. In many systems a wrong strike can cause the person doing the strike to break their own hand/foot/etc, but in hikuta since the energy is allowed more time to enter the target less energy is retained, and felt by the person doing the hikuta strike.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

1. you reduce your "moment arm". Reducing your "moment arm" multiplies effective torque (applied torque times "old moment arm"/"new moment arm").
    the ice skater does not add more torque after they start a spin, i.e. they have as much torque in a spin as they are going to have, but when they bring their arms in they reduce their "moment arm" and you see them spinning much faster for the same amount of torque that was causing them to spin slowly. When you reduce your "moment arm" the same application of pound feet gives you a multiplication ("new moment arm"/"old moment arm") of foot pounds of torque. So you hit MUCH harder, i.e. with much more torque. When you properly hit someone with hikuta you transfer A lot momentum to them, and they often shot or stab themselves, because they are moving away from you at such a high rate of speed that the arms flail/jerk to stay attached to the torso/main body. So since they now have shot (or stabbed) themselves, and the gun (or knife) is not pointing at you anymore, and they still may be shocked by the intense effective transfer of A lot of momentum to their body you should be safe. If not, again use the proper amount of force or deadly force as needed, and that the law allows, i.e. hit them again.

2. Hikuta has an open palm strike, but it is not JUST an open palm strike. Remember the opposition to the separating (or impulse) force causes you to deliver more of the force/momentum INTO the body of the target. They get more impact, and you have less momentum still remaining inside of you to "feel" the strike (harder for you to hurt yourself or break your own bones if hitting improperly because less effective impulse function gives more time in contact with target to transfer energy of strike). I prefer to start students with the Hikuta open palm because it is less likely that they could do it wrong and hurt themselves, than if they use a different technique, because the worst they can do is to ONLY do a regular palm strike, if they do it very wrong, and it is hard to hurt your palm by striking something.

3. if you move much faster than others you can see that it is easy to block. But if you move much faster than others you do not need to block, because you can hit them instead of blocking. The old king fu saying, "the beginner blocks, the intermediate blocks then attacks, the master no longer needs to block". Why wait around to block an attack, attack instead. As you become faster, you have to perceive faster to keep up with your own speed, and so you notice/see faster and develop or react faster. With a martial art that you are so much faster than others (perhaps they do not even do martial arts), yes you could block every punch, but how boring, why not just end the fight before they can do anything, you will less likely to be hurt if they do not hit you at all.

story about use of Hikuta:
    I have had occasions where professional boxers have tried to harm/kill me or persons in martial arts hall of fame (or others) have tried to just "learn" if I am a master of martial arts by attacking me, and I prefer to start by seeming like a poser (inept person who makes false claims about greatness). I move slow, and have often allowed them to hit me, just to see how strong someone is, and how well they can give a punch. Then I inform them they won, and they should not bother me again since obviously they can beat me up at will (yes I am lying to them, but if they are a genuine honorable person they will not attack you again, since you are no challenge -- they think).
    if they come back and attack me again, I do more. I try to gently move only slightly faster than they are (since I have seen them punch I know how fast they move), and only just barely,barely beat them to every punch, just make contact before they can, to throw off their timing/power. And then explain they shouldn't fight me because I am better than they are (just barely - yes still lying to them, but you have to be gentle as people will let you be). If they come back again and continue to make me harm them I usually just let it go, and hit them so fast they do not see it coming. They either tell me when they wake up or sometime. Those who have bothered me a fourth time I start to play with, nothing bothers a boxer like going slow enough that they can see your hands, but they cannot move fast enough to stop your hands from punching around, but not into their head. Punching near their body, but with no contact so they want to flinch, because they expect contact can really mess with their heads. Sometimes people do not learn so well, sometimes they get the message, and it is worthwhile the sooner they learn. The sooner they learn, the less you have to do to them to keep them from harming/killing you. Professional boxers are not slow, and so do not try this at home. Most members of martial arts hall of fame are reasonable people, but when you easily defeat their students they have a tendency to wonder if you are a master (or not), and so they tend to show up, and try to test fight you themselves. But eventually even they can be shown (slowly and slyly) that you are a martial arts master, and that everyone should show proper respect.
    I probably shouldn't tell you any more about that for now.

no you would not become superman by learning Hikuta, although some people have claimed.. no I won't go there. Really. I will not tell about clark kent.
    yes sometimes I lie. Stupid I know. Oh well.

Jun 25, 2005, 07:18 AM
    Kuta, more hikuta
    It takes a long time to squeeze off two shots.

A reasonably average person can hit twice (two separate distinct attacks) on another reasonably average person and the second person still has not had time to fire one shot.

If you wonder how I know this. I have been known to wear a badge and gun at work (sometimes). I also have a degree that involves criminal justice, as well as my others.

---------
    What does your hand weigh? 5 pounds?
    What does your entire body weigh on average 20-50 times as much?
    So be sure and use you entire body weight when striking, because you will hit with 20 to 50 times as much momentum.
    -----------
    There was a small female student of mine (late teens) for three lessons (quick short ten minute sessons), I showed her 'crane streches wings' (move with momentum, change bodily direction, all around defense),and 'crane reaches toward sky' (good for arm flexibility, and breathing deeply) two of the 18 classical kung fu exercises, and also some simple techniques of kuta/hikuta. I told her not to think of it as martial arts, but merely self defense, not to use it unless you must to save your life or the life of someone else. Three criminals types asked her if she knew martial arts, when she said no, they tried to rob her (or worst). When it was over; they had stabbed (or clubbed) themselves with their own weapons (a common reaction to being hit with the hikuta hand), and were all lying on the ground in pain. When the police arrived and took the criminals away, they asked whether she knew a martial art or not, she said no, so they asked "where she learned what she did that stopped those men", she mentioned my name, and then one of the police officers hearing over the police radio that 1. she said she didn't know martial arts, and 2. she learned to fight from me. Well he was laughing so hilariously he had to stop his police car rather than crash! (needless to say the police officer was laughing because he knew me, and knows I know martial arts, and knew, that she knew, some martial arts), the judge (the robbers got felony convictions and years in prison) told her to tell people (in the future, if they ask), that she does know martial arts.

In another incident the same young lady also used her training.
    A man whom we both knew by name (who I knew was a agent of a foreign government, with diplomatic immunity), and he after hearing about her defeating those three handily wanted to know what I had taught her (since I never taught him anything or even showed him such techniques in the "fun" sparing we would do, on occassion), so she tried to teach him (she did not know he was a man not to be trusted), but he would not listen to her (many a time I have found 'middle' level martial artists are not receptive to hikuta, the man in question had at least two black belts in different styles, and had placed seventh in a contest to prove who was 'best' in the state). He became upset (because he wasn't learning hikuta) and tried to beat her up, and she would just beat him silly (time and again).

Finally since he could not beat her (and her with only three 10 minute lessons), he came back to me, and I finally showed him that he never had a chance against me. He was shocked but I explained to him that I never went (near) full speed (less than half speed really) with him before, because he was never much of a threat (I prefer to only go slightly faster than my opponent so that they don't learn of my true speed or abilities. I like to save more surprises for another day). He was funny, and he tried other ways to get me back (I thought the machine gun was a nice touch, totally ineffective but nice), but that is a story for another day. Shortly thereafter he left the sphere of influence and seldom returned (atleast when she or I were there).

Well there you have it, another story from eawoodall, I know you don't believe me. Same as always. Why lie when you can tell the truth and no one believes you.
    ----------
    What you think about reality does not matter.
    What matters is what reality thinks about you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the associate or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let God be true and every man a liar -- romans 3:4
    A doubtful Brit Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2005, 08:49 AM
    Ta!
    Thanks, your advice in the technique of Hikuta is well noted.
    Do you think I would benefit from purchasing Al Abinins' Hikuta training tapes, and how close are his teachings to DOK lee or that of your own teacher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search