Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryselephantine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Semi-Permanent Hair dye Issues
    I have been dying my hair for four years but between each dying (semi-permanent) I let my natural color come back. The last few times I have done it have been at a salon, my hair dresser since I was three years old just retired and I had a new person dye my hair, he died it way to dark and it has not been coming out properly. What can I do to get my natural hair color back after a botched semi-permanent dye job?;)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Semi permanent color can last between 6-8 shampoos, but if a semi-permanent color is mixed with a developer, it will last between 25 and 30 shampoos. You may want to try using Prell, dandruff shampoos, or dish detergent to help remove the color. If the color doesn't wash out, go back to the salon and have them correct the problem.
    chryselephantine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Semi permanent color can last between 6-8 shampoos, but if a semi-permanent color is mixed with a developer, it will last between 25 and 30 shampoos. You may want to try using Prell, dandruff shampoos, or dish detergent to help remove the color. If the color doesn't wash out, go back to the salon and have them correct the problem.
    How many washings would it take to get the color out?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Most semi-permanent colors may last up to 25 shampoos. If you intend to wash your hair a lot, be sure to do a deep conditioning treatment afterwards to restore moisture in your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

HELP - Remove semi permanent hair color [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lot of grey hair and wanted to remove some of it - I went to a salon and used the semi permanent hair color that Supposedly George Clooney uses - It came out WAYYYYY too dark. Too much of a drastic change and now I want to remove most of it. I have tried Prell. (Nothing) I have...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

ColorZap on semi-permanent hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a naturally light brown hair and I dyed it semi-permanent black (by Herbal Essences). I was wondering if using ColorZap will get it lighter or down to my normal base color of light brown. I don't want to damage my hair anymore since I swim (chlorine included) five times a week. Thanks for...

Semi-Permanent Hair Dye Removal [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair with purple semi-permanent dye for Halloween and it has significantly faded, but has not completely gone away. I wouldn't mind this, except I have a small dilemma--my semi-formal dance is this next Saturday, and I don't want to be there with purple hair! How can I quickly remove this...

View more questions Search