Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    az35 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

May 27, 2007, 07:40 AM
    No ovulation and positive hpt?
    :confused: I have been trying to conceive since the beginning of the year with no success. I had found out the one of my tubes are blocked but the other is OK. I took my first round of Clomid 50mg this month then had a blood test to see if I ovulated. The progesterone test showed that I didn't ovulate this month. Today I'm 6 days late and I had a positive HPT. Could this be wrong? I would love for it to be true... but I am confused since the progeserone test that was done on CD 23 came back as no ovulation. Please let me know what you think... thanks

May 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Just took another HPT and still a very clear positive..?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
    If your getting a positive on a hpt you better make a dr appointment. Have them do a blood test. I would say your pregnant and the ovulation test is wrong but I'm not a dr so make an appointment and keep us posted... my fingers are crossed for you

May 27, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I am just confused because the doctor told me that I did not ovulate and even gave me a higher dose of Clomid for the following month. But I will make an appt. with doc on Tuesday since they will be closed on Memorial Day. Thank you so much for you response:)
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
    If you took a positive test then you are more then likely pregnant. That would be so amazing. Some times the lab test come up wrong but a false positive pregnancy test is rare.

May 27, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Not a problem. Your ovulation test may have been misread or something. Techs can make mistakes but hpts rarely give a false positive.

May 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Thanks so much for your input... I am hoping that the test was wrong or that they were read wrong... but I will definitely keep you posted as to what the outcome is... again thanks for your support... it means a lot to me:)

May 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
    That's what we're here for. Stick around if you can we like having new people around to help and help others... this place is great. Plus we have tons of info too.

May 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
    I sure will... thanks

May 31, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I did a blood test and I am definitely pregnant... I am very excited... hope all goes well for me and everyone on here:)
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Clomid changes your hormones which could lead to a false positive, but make an appointment with your ob/ doctor just to make sure

May 31, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Congrats hun... I am so happy for you. Now remember we're here for you when those questions pop up at the ungodly hours of the morning. We may not respond right away but we will eventually
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

May 31, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by az35
    :confused: I have been ttc since the beginning of the year with no success. I had found out the one of my tubes are blocked but the other is ok. I took my first round of Clomid 50mg this month then had a blood test to see if I ovulated. The progesterone test showed that I didn't ovulate this month. Today I'm 6 days late and I had a positive HPT. Could this be wrong?? I would love for it to be true...but I am confused since the progeserone test that was done on CD 23 came back as no ovulation. Please let me know what you think....thanks
    Well I have a doctor friend and I asked and you sure are pregnet congratulations it just needs time 2 show your hormones are still low as they get higher they show hope I'm right goodluck
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Jun 1, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Congrats!!
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 2, 2007, 12:28 PM
    That's great!

Jun 2, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Thank you soooooo much for everyone's support... its been an emotional journey just to get to this point. I don't see the doc until Thursday June 7th... I am going to question about how I became pregnant even though they told me that I didn't ovulate... weird huh?. I was just wondering if I am farther along than they think or was it just a huge mistake... what do you think??

Jun 2, 2007, 11:04 PM
    You need to write all your questions down otherwise you will forget them... It's baby brain.. lol. I swear every woman that I know of that has had or is preggy with a child gets it during pregnancy... You will forget everything... I swear your brain takes a vacation while your body incubates... Oh and don't take no for an answer

Jun 3, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Lol... I will be sure to do that... thanks so much...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Congrats! I know you have wanted this for a while, so congrats on finally getting it! Hope all goes well, and keep us posted!

Jun 3, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Yes I have wanted this and I am so happy that it has finally happened. Thanks to everyone who has given me support throughout this journey... this is definitely the best site to be on:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

Repeated Positive Ovulation Tests [ 8 Answers ]

Here I am again - the ongoing sagga of trying to get pregnant again:) My question is about ovulation. I am on my third round of Clomid - & I have taken the at home ovulation tests & have gotten a positive result for the last 5 days. I called my doctor & they want me to come in and have some...

What is hpt [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 22 and never heard of hpt what does it mean confused

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

How soon can I take a hpt? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again. Well, last month I was not pregnant but we actually tried this month. Let me know what you think. My husband and I had intercourse on the 17th and 19th (which I believe were my most fertile days?) My next period is suppose to begin on the 4th of December. Now I can not hardly stand...

View more questions Search