Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Rayne,

Beneath some of your anger and obvious youth I can in some ways understand your point of view. I can see what you are trying to say. Perhaps sometimes it is the way you deliver it however that causes people to take it out of context.

Im not telling you how to express your opinion or what opinion to have. But perhaps if you have a concern that your opinion is coming across as hurtful and you don't want it to be, then you have to address and evaluate how you deliver it.

Remember that is hard for many to see your emotions through words on a screen. You have to be clear in describing exactly how you feel for people to really see it.

For the record, I am totally against the war in Iraq. I despise war as much as most people. I can't blame the troops though. But I can see how their involvement makes it hard for you to feel how some others may. But just remember that they are human beings with as big a heart as you have and they probably don't agree with it either. They are just doing their job, much like a paper processor at the Tax Office. I bet he doesn't agree with paying the amount of tax he does, but he still aids in collecting it. May be a bad analogy but you get my point.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Jesushelper i thank you for your comment on not only my post, but one several other's as well. It's nice to know that my points and feelings are shared and that i am not the only ''brainwashed'' person in America. I'm glad that you shared your feelings. It made me realize that i'm not always wrong and that its ok to voice an opinion. I was sitting here picking at my words and doubting myself because of some of the hurtful comments i've been given by a few whom didn't even bother to post a reply to this topic. Which shows me their lack of concern for what they speak. If you've got something to say say it. Anyway, thankyou for your words as small as they are, they made my day a bit brighter. It's nice to know that someone is on your side. If we were all alone, what would happen to us? We'd go nuts, lol. A lot of people seem to disagree with some of my thoughts, however i'm sure there's someone out there, perhaps better with words then me who shares my veiws and can voice them better then me. Maybe then someone as small as me or them will be heard amougst the swarm of bee's.
    Hi Rayne,

I am glad you feel better and I hope I have not written anything to make you feel bad. We both feel very strongly about this and probably agree on more than we realize. Just so you know, Jesushelper is from Canada, not America. But I am glad his words gave you comfort. Rayne, I am proud of you for being 20 and having caring as much as you do. Honest.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
    That pisses me off, I can't believe some jerk spit on soldiers! It doesn't matter if you don't believe in the war, it's the soldier's choice if they want to join the military or not. Soldiers deserve nothing but respect for what they do, whether you want them to do it or not.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Okay I'm back. Only because I see some comments being geared towards the troops. I respect that fact that you should be able to post just like me. But enough is enough.

Say what you want about our/my country, about my/our President - All of which, okay, I don't like it and not a little, but oh well, I have learned to accpet and embrace all different view points.

But to dare, to dare put this at the foot of my military sorry way over the line. Excuse me, most of these are kids 18 and 19. They joined the military for a variety of reasons and then the crap hit the fan and like HONERABLE men and women they answered the call.
    How dare anyone dare to say one negative word about our troops while they sit their butts down in a nice cozy home, and our kids are over there risking their lives, loosing their lives, and limbs. How dare anyone spread such negativty when they need our love and support.

Do you EVER EVER EVER hear any military family on the news complaining ever? No. And they are the ones giving up the most. So when you are willing to sacrfice as much as they are, then you may have a leg to stand on, but not until then.

Okay I'm done. P'd off to the 10th degree, but done ranting.

Hey Allheart,

Sorry to hear your disappointment. As stated I agree fully with what you are saying. No blame at all should be placed at the feet of the troops. Not at all.

I hope it wasn't my post that you felt was being geared towards the troops. Im not sure I follow!! If it was something in particular in someone's post would you care to share so it can be cleared up?
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 04:54 PM
    No Skell it wasn't yours and it wasn't in a post. Sorry Skell.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 04:56 PM
    No need AH. I love the pride you display in your country and its people. It is very special and much like I am with my country. I don't agree with everything we do but I love it all the same!
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
    For the record, I do care. Or else I wouldn't post in here. I probably care too much. I don't sit and think about polotics or watch the news or even think about the war. I know that I am a poor person, that I am not the brightest person and that I will probably never do anything earth changing. I'm not a motivated person and at time's lazy. I guess I just feel useless. I mean what is the point of life? In my opinion to do something good for your world and to make the next generation better. I wish I could be some great person or a strong women like Rose Parks or Harriet Tugmen-or whatever. But I'm not and it bloody well peeves me off. Sorry just had to say that.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
    For the record, i do care. Or else i wouldnt post in here. I probably care too much. I don't sit and think about polotics or watch the news or even think about the war. I know that i am a poor person, that i am not the brightest person and that i will probably never do anything earth changing. I'm not a motivated person and at time's lazy. I guess i just feel useless. I mean what is the point of life? In my opinion to do something good for your world and to make the next generation better. I wish i could be some great person or a strong women like Rose Parks or Harriet Tugmen-or whatever. But im not and it bloody well peeves me off. Sorry just had to say that.

Rayne,

Now I will flat out disagree with you. This is why I find you so special, but I wish you could see it yourself. Rayne, at 20 my priority was where we all were going for the weekend and for that I should be ashamed. You are brilliant and you do make a difference a huge one. I do just adore you, hope you don't mind me saying that. You care and I now you care. Like you said otherwise you wouldn't even post. Be proud of the fact that you care. You do make a difference and will continue to do so. And hey, I bet when you are being lazy that is when you do your best thinking ;) .

Don't you dare ever refer to yourself as useless EVER. On that thought I do expect you to conform. ;)

You are one special girl. I just hope you soon realize it.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 05:08 PM
    For the record, i do care. Or else i wouldnt post in here. I probably care too much. I don't sit and think about polotics or watch the news or even think about the war. I know that i am a poor person, that i am not the brightest person and that i will probably never do anything earth changing. I'm not a motivated person and at time's lazy. I guess i just feel useless. I mean what is the point of life? In my opinion to do something good for your world and to make the next generation better. I wish i could be some great person or a strong women like Rose Parks or Harriet Tugmen-or whatever. But im not and it bloody well peeves me off. Sorry just had to say that.
    You can be great and do something to change the world Rayne. But I assure you that you won't with an attitude like that.

So get up, get out and start kicking some ar$e! Do it respectfully but never be afriad to have a go. It only takes you to get through to one person something good and you have changed the world.

Your only as bright as the amount of light you let in!
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 28, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Since I cannot leave you a rate answer, I'd like to know how you think I'm helping people. I just got in an agruement with my fiancé today because of what I think. I'm not loved by the masses. Sometime's I can sound like a heart'less #$@%&. So I don't feel up to giving my opinons anymore. No one agrees anyway. But I don't see how I'm helping anyone. I certainly didn't help the soldier who died. I don't think I could save any of the soldiers from their fates. I haven't invented anything useful, or cured any cancers. So what keeps people going who are like me? Small, somewhat weak and just don't know what to do. If anything, I think people should write a long letter as if to a friend you haven't seen in awhile and send it ot a solider. It could be the last thing they read before they... die. Or the first thing they read before doing something very important and living to tell about it.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Rayne, bringing comfort to some of those that you do when you respond right here at AMHD, can equate to a cure for cancer for them.

I haven't done any of those wonderful things either, but you can start small. Just by giving a smile to an older person in the street that you see. You have been gifted with great insight and intelligence, use it in a caring way. Don't worry if others agree with you, it's okay to disagree, its how we learn. Heck, most times, no one agrees with me. Hubby never agrees with my viewpoint, hardly ever. Thank goodness he loves me :). But when things come from your heart, they tend to make the most impact.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Now you are feeling sorry for yourself. Something we all do at times but never our proudest moments.

You know you helped that soldier and his family. To say you didn't is disrespectful to the kind words his wife offered you and the heartfelt thanks you received from his family. They read the letter at his funeral for goodness sake so to say it didn't help is silly.

When people don't agree with your opinion is not a reason to stop voicing it. It is more of a reason.

Most of th US never agreed with a word Cassius Clay said early on. But eventually Muhammad Ali was loved by the world. If your not sure what I'm talking about please look him up. He is a Champion for the human race. But like you, many disagreed with his thoughts on the war in Vietnam. But he changed the world by continuing to give them. Not giving up!!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 28, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Personally, i am agaisnt the war. If people want to join the war, then im against them as well. Sure, if i see that a 18 year old girl or boy was killed i stop and think how pointless that young death was. How sad it is. But i also think that its there own fault in a way. For putting thereselves into that situation. In war there is no way to know if you will come out alive. I don't mourn for anyone, i think that its sad though. If i was asked to serve i'd say no. Why? Because its not my problem. I'm not going to kill inocent ppl. I don't believe in war. War is pitiful. Just b/c some nut job thinks we are a strong nation (which in reality were not) and thinks going to war and getting into Israles business is ok doesn't mean it is. If ppl wouldnt stand up to the governemt who will? There is something wrong with this country. Why join a war that you know is wrong? Why fight for nothing. Whatever. That kid in the war doesn't have the chance to get married and change the world. If they want to send people over send older people who had more of a life. When it comes down to it, i think this whole war is completely retarded. In my opinion, if Bush continues to do this he could end up in trouble with crazy's. We know how scary those people can be. I don't like Bush because i think his whole ''I <3 Jesus'' thing is completely fake. But i don't think he's the man for presisdent. I blame him for putting thoughts of war into young teens. I disagree with the war, soldiers fighting in this pointless, godless, nameless, and never-ending war. I wish the best for any of you, but i don't have to say i ''told you so''. I like Rosie she's got some things right. At the same time not everything she says is what i think. She's has the right to say what she thinks though its a free country and freedoom of speech. I'm American, what happened to our foundations? God fearing, honorable and loving people and nation? It died with Lincoln.

If you want to hear a song that will make you cry your eyes out and shake your head with pain listen to this song
    YouTube - P!nk - Dear Mr. President Offical Video
    Good luck to any of you soldiers, i don't know you but i know your honestly thinking your changing the world. Realize maybe your not maybe your all just pawns in a childish game.

Ohh and on this matter i speak my veiws, my fiance's, my family's and anyone else who agree's. So don't think im speaking for all America. Thank you.

How can you sit there and say that when a soldier dies for our country, you don't mourn for them, you think it's their fault because they joined the army. And stop pretending like all teenagers are mindless zombies and we follow whatever propaganda says. You're only 21! Wow I guess 3 years of being an adult changed you completely. I agree with you, war is pointless and our president is a complete idiot, but you can't sit there and blame the people that have to do his dirty work. You piss me off so much I don't know what to say to you cause what you believe is heartless.

You contradict everything you say! For the record... I do care, but I don't mourn troops when they die. You can be whatever you want to be, if you want to do something good then get off your a$$ and do it. The point of life is love.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

May 28, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Remind me again, who is doing the car bombs and killing innocent civilians?
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggitywackiraq
    here's the thing...im a sergeant in the army, and i've been hearing about this rosie o'donell thing, and i ask this: are people in america behind the average soldier, (the normal doesn't torture people, etc) or are they against the soldier because they are against the war (the vietnam mentality)? the reason i ask is because rosie said all this stuff, calling us terrorists and all, there has been a lot of conversation regarding whether or not people feel that way. two of my battle buddies were spit on in the dallas airport when they went on leave from the deployment, simply for being in uniform and that guy apparently not agreeing with the war.....i am eager to hear your thoughts. :confused:
    Whoa! You need to stop that. That war is about oil, and distraction. Now your just being rude. It takes a lot of courage to be honest to soldiers that have been brain washed. I am in Canada and your government elect are now using my corrupt government . It's like religion, easy to argue but the blind just don't want to see. So many of my bud's are there now, and half know what it's all about. The other half know and don't care, the pay is so good. You wanted straight answers... Well here. I think that anyone who enlisted since at least 2003 is a dumb-. Please private message me for a debate, I understand that what I have said needs more foundation for some of you to see where these opinions are from. But over all anyone who voted for bush should have enlisted. I don't agree with spitting.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Hi Rayne,

I am glad you feel better and I hope I have not written anything to make you feel bad. We both feel very strongly about this and probably agree on more than we realize. Just so you know, Jesushelper is from Canada, not America. But I am glad his words gave you comfort. Rayne, I am proud of you for being 20 and having caring as much as you do. Honest.
    I hope that you all feel it is okay for me to pipe in on this discussion even though I am from canada, but what goes on in america. Our next door neighbour effects us here in Canada, effects what happens around the world. So it is important for all of us to speak up and say what we feel. Also all my fathers side of the family are americans and currently live in the states.
    I believe Rayne has had some very good points and they were taken out of context by a few people, very nasty comments were made towards Rayne which was uncalled for and I am not going to sit here and let that happen.

Lets just say the majority of people know that the American government went into iraq with no evidence. Iraq did not attack america. Certain terrist groups did but that does not make the right for a president to call war on a whole country. These men and women who are dying. Are dying in vain. That is a fact. I clearly have said this before I blame the American government.

Also think about this which Rayne made a very good point. These men and women have a choice to serve in the army or not. They have a choice to fight in a war they believe in or not. It is all about choice and to say they do not have a choice in this is completely wrong. So that means that they are responsible as well as the government.

Another thing I would add, I think that majority of Americans was mislead, including soldiers on the war. Now there finding out that the leader of their country is a liar and much more that I would like to say but now people are waking up from a deep sleep it seems and instead of blindly following a leader, they are actually questioning his leadership and know that they lead them down the wrong path. Question is, is it too late to fix the damage that already has been done? To americans and around the world because of this.

Joe
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 28, 2007, 10:00 PM
    There is one thing I have to say to the soldier. If you went in and you really believed in the cause, If you do your job and you break no human ethic codes {besides being there} then that's what you got to do... But your job would really be to save people. I couldn't do it cause I would be fighting my trigger happy com-padres all the time. I have a few friends that were in Bosnia too, They say stuff goes on in these places that would blow your mind in reference to massacres. But I do love team America.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Maybe I'm dumb. But I do believe in our cause. I don't agree how we got there though. I believe in helping those that cannot help themselves. I not only believe this, but I feel that it is a duty of MINE because of how fortunate I am.

Yes, I hand out change to as many people as I can on the corners in Denver, and no, I don't care what they buy with it.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 10:41 PM
    A lot of soldiers were enlisted way before this thing started, for various reason, education etc... I don't think there are many people in this country that side with Mr. Bush, but what can you do? What if instead of the world trade center being bombed on 9-11 it was Canada being attacked? Would you feel different? There were a lot of p I s s e d off people in this country that wanted revenge , many people enlisted, because they were trying to help, now they are stuck, they may not believe in this war but someone has to finish this job, Why can't you people just support them? If you don't agree with the way this war is being lead, why not instead of sitting in front of your computer, stand up and do something?
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Whoa!! You need to stop that. That war is about oil, and distraction. Now your just being rude. It takes a lot of courage to be honest to soldiers that have been brain washed. I am in Canada and your government elect are now using my corrupt government . It's like religion, easy to argue but the blind just don't want to see. So many of my bud's are there now, and half know what it's all about. The other half know and don't care, the pay is so good. You wanted straight answers...Well here. I think that anyone who enlisted since at least 2003 is a dumb-. Please private message me for a debate, I understand that what I have said needs more foundation for some of you to see where these opinions are from. But over all anyone who voted for bush should have enlisted. I don't agree with spitting.

How is asking a question, being rude? Sorry, you lost me there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my soldier cheating? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 37 years old and have been with my husband for 9 years and married for 8 years this month. He is in the Army and deployed to a combat zone. He has been gone for 8 months. For the entire time he has been gone he has been writing love letters to me and he writes to me about sexual fantasies...

Soldier in Iraq [ 7 Answers ]

So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister...

Courthouse marriages to a soldier [ 4 Answers ]

OK my name is nicole I am 17 years old. My fiancé is being deployed in the end of August to go to iraq. He is in major debt so we decided before he leaves we were going to get married in a courthouse and have a small wedding with just family and when he gets back after a year and a half we are...

One brave soldier [ 14 Answers ]

I saw this story and thought to myself "what would other people think." so I'm posting it here and would like peoples opinions on it. Conscientious Rejector? - Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone From Yahoo! News I'll let you all know what I think in a day or two

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search